BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well well well, wasn't expecting that, we've been crying out for a performance like that in the first half at home all season and the way we pressed high, passed the ball through midfield and took the game away from the opposition inside the first 20 mins was imo the best we've played under TM since he came to the Club.

Second half we understandably eased off a bit and reverted back to our normal style of play hoofing long balls and losing possession. But then the third goal on 70 mins settled any potential nerves, the introduction of Nuttall provided a bit of fresh impetus up front and after that we were comfortable again.

Travis and Rodwell were absolutely awesome. Travis is so good It beggars belief that he hasn't been playing before now and Im not entirely convinced that like Palmer he wasn't playing at Sheff Utd. to put him in the shop window to send him out on loan before Smallwood's suspension forced TM's hand. However he's taken his chance brilliantly and we're all the better for it. He's so influential you can actually get away with playing either Evans or Smallwood alongside him, although to be fair Evans had his best game for a long time today.

Rodwell looks so composed he seems to bring an air of calm to the back line and am I right in thinking we haven't conceded a goal since he's been  brought in? Let's hope it's not too late to convince him he has a long term future here.

Bennett had a much improved game at RB. The only slight negatives were Graham who once again was poor and never in the game and Dack's recent tendancy to drop way too deep when we really need him in danger areas where he can do some damage.

Overall though, much better in terms of performance especially if we can play like we did in the first half more often.

I likeds your post but have to say that critiscism of Graham or Dack is not warranted. 

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

I likeds your post but have to say that critiscism of Graham or Dack is not warranted. 

Dack was ok today but I bet if you asked the opposition where they'd prefer him to play it would be picking the ball up off the toes of our defenders. Completely nullifies him imo. No harm doing it occasionally but he's doing it far too much at the moment for me.

I have been deemed to be perhaps on the more pessimistic/negative side on these forums but i do not understand the now critiscism of Dack. Didnt we all earlier int he season cite how we are so reliant on him? he has had a few quiet games by his standards (yet still got an assist today and still does his little moments of magic). Things really must be bad if out of the whole team performance we're picking at the man that will have the most influence in bringing us to the PL at the moment. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only slight negatives were Graham who once again was poor and never in the game and Dack's recent tendancy to drop way too deep when we really need him in danger areas where he can do some damage.

Overall though, much better in terms of performance especially if we can play like we did in the first half more often.

Agree with most other than the “conspiracy theory” about playing players to advertise their quality for lower league loans (seriously, who believes this is a thing?) and this anti Graham stuff.

He seriously is as clever as a frontman as we’ve had for some time. His positioning and movement, the way he holds the ball up, knocks down the long passes, he’s an absolute key proponent of this team. Hence why 12000 people applauded him off the pitch once again.

Dacks fantastic ball for Arma in the first half was a result of clever play by Graham. I don’t know anyone who underrates his impact so much! 

Overall great performance. Same last week, only difference is we took our chances early doors. Hull looked so average, but when Travis/Evans are literally winning every single second ball and passing it to an attacker, our style of play will create chances!

Last shout for Dack. His head is not turned. He once again ran the attack, even if he’s not the one on the end of the chances. Such a talismanic figure, but great to see others bringing their levels up to contribute with consistency, ie Armstrong and Rodwell!

Another great Saturday.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 9

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Up until December, Williams was at least better defensively than Bell in that position, but the tables have definitely turned over the last month or two.

Rubbish.  Del is shit...bells on a different level and was at the start of the season...its just Tony kept swapping em about.

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

Agree with most other than the “conspiracy theory” about playing players to advertise their quality for lower league loans (seriously, who believes this is a thing?) and this anti Graham stuff.

He seriously is as clever as a frontman as we’ve had for some time. His positioning and movement, the way he holds the ball up, knocks down the long passes, he’s an absolute key proponent of this team. Hence why 12000 people applauded him off the pitch once again.

Dacks fantastic ball for Arma in the first half was a result of cleves play by Graham. I don’t know anyone who underrates his impact so much! 

Overall great performance. Same last week, only difference is we took our chances early doors. Hull looked so average, but when Travis/Evans are literally winning every single second ball and turning it to an attacker, our style of play will create chances!

Last shout for Dack. His head is not turned. He once again ran the attack, even if he’s not the one on the end of the chances. Such a talismanic figure, but great to see others bringing their levels up to contribute with consistency, ie Armstrong and Rodwell!

Another great Saturday.

Agreed, Graham also shows alot of leadership qualities. he loves being here and you can see it. it will be a tough gig to replace DG, not only for his holdup and finishing abilities but for what he provides in the dressing room.

Rodders is looking a class act. Can't fault anyone today. Really need Reedy signed. Evans was class. Trav was solid again. Be nice to have more centre forward options, if we sign Gallagher then we're looking some bloody side. 

• Like 2

Hull played like the team I thought They were 10 games ago... but we would have beat any team in the league today the way we pressed and played.

There was one moment in the first half where we had FIVE players swarm on their left back and win the ball. Love this high pressing, long may it continue.

I said at the time, in the midst of all the anger at him, but just think how worse of as a team we would be if Smallwood would have stayed on the pitch at Sheffield United. Turning point of the season that red card. Travis and Reed are our best CMs we have had since N'zonzi and Jermaine Jones. 

Did anyone else see TM with the thumbs up when the fans were singing "sign him up" after Reeds goal. ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silas said:

Good comeback win away from home. Saw you one down and figured it was the start of your wobble. 

Norwich, Boro, and Swansea next tho.

Is this the time we start to see the familiar bottle job? ?

What is it with teams in white that makes them bottlers

15 minutes ago, Biz said:

Dacks fantastic ball for Arma in the first half was a result of clever play by Graham. I don’t know anyone who underrates his impact so much! 

Overall great performance. Same last week, only difference is we took our chances early doors. Hull looked so average, but when Travis/Evans are literally winning every single second ball and passing it to an attacker, our style of play will create chances!

Another great Saturday.

Did you notice Dack at the end?  Disconsolate.....you would think we had lost 3-0....

Superb today. No criticism of any player is warranted. Our quieter players were solid 7s and plenty of excellent displays. Each of the 11 must keep their shirt for now... with Nyambe and Mulgrew pushing them, Rothwell again looking impressive, Chapman seemingly on his way in, and Nuttall proving decent back up for Graham, playoffs need to be seen as a realistic target.

I was worried Hull were going to hurt us in wide areas before kick off. They like to soak up pressure and move the ball out wide and counter quickly. We absolutely nullified their threat, and both Armstrong and Reed were superb. They abandoned this tactic almost completely in the second half, such was our dominance.

I think Travis coming in has allowed Reed to keep occupying the wide areas and not have to drift inside so much. The interchanging between AA and HR was great to see too. So for all my (and others) moaning of a lack of width, we absolutely nailed it today. Almost looked like 2 flat banks of 4 at times.

How well does Rodwell read the game by the way!

• Like 7

excellent performance by the players. Everyone played their roles to very high standard. we made Hull look very poor and that's was down to the players and Mowbray's tactics. I enjoyed Armstrong and Reed keep swapping wings and us playing high and pressing higher. 

It was very good. No one got less than a 8 out of 10 today. Evans outstanding today and today show why I like Reed in the wide midfield role. 

Bennett and Bell was very good and show why they are first choice

Mowbray's tactics were spot on and He deserved lots of credit for that. 

4 wins in 4 games is very good. lets make 5 in 5 next week

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 5

Excellent performance and result, best performance of the season for me. We are such a threat when we press and pin teams in, and Hull were hopeless.

Evans was for me the stand out player, he was absolutely outstanding. Travis I think had his poorest game since he broke in, his passing was loose at times but he was still 7 out of 10, he still complimented Evans perfectly and he still offered plenty that Smallwood wouldnt have so fair play to Mowbray for continuing to pick him.

Raya could have sat with me. Kicking a bit off but didnt have much to do at all. Rodwell HAS to be given a new contract immediately, outstanding with Lenihan yet again and got a goal too as a nice bonus. Bennetts passing was off and I still dont trust him as a one on one defender but his pressing was indicative of the team, superb in winning the corner for the 2nd goal and he was good on the ball too. Bell was fine as well which is far better than he usually is, I cant recall him doing anything wrong bar one awful clearance from a Grosicki cross in the first half. The defence as a unit should be kept as it is after 3 very impressive clean sheets even though I think Mulgrew and Nyambe are both important players. A very good problem to have.

Armstrong is on fire at the moment, superb finish and always a threat again. Reed was much improved and back to the energetic displays we have got used to, and superb composure for the goal, would love him signed up long term.

Dack has come in for some harsh criticism, even though the goals have dried up slightly he is still a joy to watch and the pass for Armstrongs goal was sublime. Graham continued as our player of the season, his hold up play again was text book, especially for the first goal and was very unlucky hitting the post. Subs were all fine without really doing much.

Well done to Mowbray for getting things spot on today.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Superb win, really bloody brilliant.

When it clicks we look a real force, Mowbrays thumbs up to the ‘sign him up’ chants aimed at Reed were nice but it may be dreamland.

Think today may have been a good time to give Brereton some time but that’s a minuscule niggle after such a result 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Good comeback win away from home. Saw you one down and figured it was the start of your wobble. 

Norwich, Boro, and Swansea next tho.

Is this the time we start to see the familiar bottle job? ?

I reckon 8 or 9 wins and we are saying goodbye.

Next Saturday night will be fun. Norwich 5.15 ko :D

I hope you carry on and push on to the top 6. 

Lord knows we have weaknesses but you've got to enjoy today.

Travis ..poorest game since he broke in, his passing was loose at times but he was still 7 out of 10,

Nonsense. Outstanding , particularly 1st half. Presssing, tackling, keeping the ball, moving with the ball forward.

Dack poor for coming back to pick up the ball?

Nonsense. One of his most energetic and thoughtful games for a while. Made the whole midfield PLAY rather than STOP. Lovely pass for Armstrong’s goal.

Graham did nothing? Nonsense. Intelligent hold up play, fed in other players, smart, chased down defenders. OK lost his pace but still massively influential for us at this level.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

I reckon 8 or 9 wins and we are saying goodbye.

Next Saturday night will be fun. Norwich 5.15 ko :D

I hope you carry on and push on to the top 6. 

I think one of the Rotherham players painted my house last weekend - what went on there? 

Bah, even you lot cannot come unstuck against tripe like that lot...lets see how things pna out. I will say this though, yo0u'll be coming straight back down - just as we probably will...albeit billions richer.