BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Graham is one of them players. You dont realise how good he is or how much we need him, until he isnt there.

1st name on the team sheet for me.

Tbf other than one person on here pretty much all of us do appreciate how good he is and has been for us. 

• Like 4

• Backroom

Surprised that Nyambe was just left out of the squad altogether, personally think he should be on the bench ahead of Smallwood or Conway at least. 

Mowbray said it’s tactical and I get the need to have cover for left back but we have plenty of central options and frankly Nyambe is our best right back as well.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Surprised that Nyambe was just left out of the squad altogether, personally think he should be on the bench ahead of Smallwood or Conway at least. 

Mowbray said it’s tactical and I get the need to have cover for left back but we have plenty of central options and frankly Nyambe is our best right back as well.

Or Brereton. Our first 2 attacking subs are obviously Nuttall and Rothwell. Smallwood is good to have on the bench. Conway or Brereton to make way for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s funny you say this. Yesterday before the game I was thinking the opposite - that he looks like a loner surrounded by a team.

Right now he is in the shop window and needs a club at the end of the season. Two key moments before we can say Mowbray has tamed him. What happens when Mulgrew is fit? Where does he go at the end of the season?

What Mowbray does seem to excel at is the environment and culture he encourages. He’s said in the past that he lets the senior players have a big say in things, which will help with that. He places great importance on the character of players that he brings in. Maybe this is part of why he buys British. It’s also more likely to keep the ‘group’ as an 18 or 20 rather than three or four smaller cliques. But I does mean that we will miss out on some great opportunities to bring in quality at the right price for our budget.

Quiz question: Mowbray has bought almost exclusively English, plus a Scot (Caddis) and a Northern Irish (Lyons). He has only brought in two none UK players, name them and their nationality - without google...

Dack is one

He's out of this world

• Like 4