BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Absolutely buzzing today! Play like this consistently for the rest of the season and we can start dreaming. Rodders and Travis are like new signings and I have to give it to AA who has really upped his game lately. Dack and DG slighlty off form but it shows we have others that can step up. 

Thought Graham gave a masterclass in hold up centre forward play today 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

This is the dilemma with Bennett most of his good work when he plays full back always come in offense but when it comes to defending Nyambe is a much safer bet, Bennett is ropey when it comes to the fundamentals of defending as a full back.

At home when you control possession (like today) you can get away with Bennett at full back and he will also help in attack but for example at Brentford next week I would much rather see the more solid Nyambe at full back. Bennett's best position is in one of the advanced wide roles but he is going to be getting in ahead of Reed or Armstrong? Not for me. 

Not long ago I used look at our bench and shake my head. It was poor beyond belief. Now we have real strength and ability to come on and change the game if need be. We have at least half a dozen that are knocking on the door for a game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not long ago I used look at our bench and shake my head. It was poor beyond belief. Now we have real strength and ability to come on and change the game if need be. We have at least half a dozen that are knocking on the door for a game.

If the rumoured signings are true (Chapman, Gallagher) we aren't far away from challenging IMO.  Especially if we could tie up Reed in the summer and hold on to Dack.

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's easier to control possession when Bennett keeps winning it back like he did all game.

He was very good today. Played well for much of the Ipswich game too. Not long ago he looked lost at RB.

• Like 1

Pleasant reading all the above. Quite strange sitting here trying to make excuses why we wont get even higher in the league instead of over looking our deficiencies and playing up our chances. 

Although reading the parts about leeds here and there are grim.

I'll over look that as CP is a closet rover.? And a good poster.

41 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If the rumoured signings are true (Chapman, Gallagher) we aren't far away from challenging IMO.  Especially if we could tie up Reed in the summer and hold on to Dack.

Would love to hold onto Dack, that first-time pass with the outside of the foot for the first goal was sublime. You can't teach that, the lad is a natural.

I won't be the only one who noticed sadly! Let's hope we get as much as we can for him and the manager is allowed to spend most of it.

Should be enough to  fill any gaps I'd have thought. Much to look forward to.

One big difference today was when we went long to Danny, it was sticking. This is down to Rodwell in my opinion.

A few times today he pinged it 40/50 yards straight at Danny. Wonderful.

Corry Evans was my man of the match, outstanding and played with the grit in his teeth against his former club.

No easy job picking a man of the match today. Everyone was brilliant today. The looks of a cohesive group again after the Xmas dibocal.

Chapman, and one more quality player and we have a playoff race to look forward too! 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Agree with most of this, but everyone around me thought Graham gave a master class at holding up the ball and laying it off.

Totally agree.  Graham was outstanding in the way he held off defenders, brought the ball under control and laid it off.  As you say, it was a master class in centre-forward play.  Long may it continue as he's a joy to watch at the moment.

• Like 4

Top notch performance by Rovers in what is probably the best showing all season. Against a team who has steamrolled their way up the table in recent months, we outplayed them from kick off to the final whistle.  Jarred Bowen was a myth today as we didnt see anything of the red hot wizard today. What we did see was an amazing team performance, with standout performances all over the pitch.  Hoping we can kick on next weekend, but for now.... relax! Thoughts from the fans, the gaffa and more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

One big difference today was when we went long to Danny, it was sticking. This is down to Rodwell in my opinion.

A few times today he pinged it 40/50 yards straight at Danny. Wonderful.

Corry Evans was my man of the match, outstanding and played with the grit in his teeth against his former club.

No easy job picking a man of the match today.

Chapman, and one more quality player and have a playoff race to look forward too! 

Mowbray was saying Chapman wouldn’t challenge our current first team and is more likely to go out on loan - assuming we sign him.

I think today showed the best and worst of Travis. More than once he was caught in possession and on a different day could have given away a goal. However on the positive he gives an entirely different dimension to the team - with his tireless running off the ball and mostly tidy in possession. IF we make top 6 - his continued good form and fitness will be key.

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree.  Graham was outstanding in the way he held off defenders, brought the ball under control and laid it off.  As you say, it was a master class in centre-forward play.  Long may it continue as he's a joy to watch at the moment.

Looks like Im in a minority of one on this but he really isn't. He's had it imo.

Couple of decent flick ons and everyone appears to  think he's had a worldie because we won 3-0.

If the result hadn't gone our way I suspect everyone would have a far less rose tinted viee of his extremely limited contribution.

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looks like Im in a minority of one on this but he really isn't. He's had it imo.

Couple of decent flick ons and everyone appears to  think he's had a worldie because we won 3-0.

If the result hadn't gone our way I suspect everyone would have a far less rose tinted viee of his extremely limited contribution.

This wouldn't be anything to do with who signed him would it? Because he would be 2nd pick after Dack every time for me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

excellent performance by the players. Everyone played their roles to very high standard. we made Hull look very poor and that's was down to the players and Mowbray's tactics. I enjoyed Armstrong and Reed keep swapping wings and us playing high and pressing higher. 

It was very good. No one got less than a 8 out of 10 today. Evans outstanding today and today show why I like Reed in the wide midfield role. 

Bennett and Bell was very good and show why they are first choice

Mowbray's tactics were spot on and He deserved lots of credit for that. 

4 wins in 4 games is very good. lets make 5 in 5 next week

Yeahhhhhh Chaddy is back!!! Absolutely love that guy me. Buzzing too have you back Chris you beautiful man ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think today showed the best and worst of Travis. More than once he was caught in possession and on a different day could have given away a goal. However on the positive he gives an entirely different dimension to the team - with his tireless running off the ball and mostly tidy in possession. IF we make top 6 - his continued good form and fitness will be key.

If we didn't cruise the game i think TM would have brought Travis off after 70 mins, he looked shot and gave the ball away a few times towards the end. Absolute top class beforehand though.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But the result did go our way, and was the performance of the season of which DG was a key part. Your post makes no sense and is simply a dig at a player, for whatever reason, you don't like. 

• Like 1