BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

But the result did go our way, and was the performance of the season of which DG was a key part. Your post makes no sense and is simply a dig at a player, for whatever reason, you don't like. 

This is why the Lancashire Evening Telegraph sacked him off, talking shite and having a ridiculous haircut ? 

The way TM has got Rodwell performing deserves great credit. A player who 6 or 7 years ago was a top class premier league player but hasn't performed for a number of years. Brilliant man management to get the lads confidence and hunger back. Shows by how close the dressing room all appear. Players coming in on loan seemingky desperate to come back (chapman). Not many managers have that quality. 

For his sometimes dodgy tactics we can't forget about this skill. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's either personal Rev or you simply don't understand the game. Graham is fundamental to our play, he is the focal point of the team and brings other players into the game. He is a dying breed in the modern game where many managers prefer smaller, quicker players who run in behind. 

I would imagine most Rovers players would say he is our MVP (I don't like these Americanisms but that description is most apt).

Graham is an important part to our current way of playing. We made 473 passes which 95 of those were long passes. So around 20%. But watching yesterday we seem to play it short, quicker, less daft and unnecessary long balls into nowhere(apart from a daft 10 mins between 50 and 60 mins) and our movement was excellent. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Graham is an important part to our current way of playing. We made 473 passes which 95 of those were long passes. So around 20%. But watching yesterday we seem to play it short, quicker, less daft and unnecessary long balls into nowhere(apart from a daft 10 mins between 50 and 60 mins) and our movement was excellent. 

There is a stigma about long balls but many of ours from back to front are to Graham who not only retains possession but quite often brings others into play. I thought for 25 minutes yesterday our tempo was excellent, as good as I have seen. You don't have to have quick players to play that way but move the ball quickly and lots of running off the ball.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, benhben said:

The way TM has got Rodwell performing deserves great credit. A player who 6 or 7 years ago was a top class premier league player but hasn't performed for a number of years. Brilliant man management to get the lads confidence and hunger back. Shows by how close the dressing room all appear. Players coming in on loan seemingky desperate to come back (chapman). Not many managers have that quality. 

For his sometimes dodgy tactics we can't forget about this skill. 

It’s funny you say this. Yesterday before the game I was thinking the opposite - that he looks like a loner surrounded by a team.

Right now he is in the shop window and needs a club at the end of the season. Two key moments before we can say Mowbray has tamed him. What happens when Mulgrew is fit? Where does he go at the end of the season?

What Mowbray does seem to excel at is the environment and culture he encourages. He’s said in the past that he lets the senior players have a big say in things, which will help with that. He places great importance on the character of players that he brings in. Maybe this is part of why he buys British. It’s also more likely to keep the ‘group’ as an 18 or 20 rather than three or four smaller cliques. But I does mean that we will miss out on some great opportunities to bring in quality at the right price for our budget.

Quiz question: Mowbray has bought almost exclusively English, plus a Scot (Caddis) and a Northern Irish (Lyons). He has only brought in two none UK players, name them and their nationality - without google...

Having Travis in the centre allows us to play through midfield simply because he is a classy, mobile footballer.

That said, Hull were very accommodating. 2nd half they got a bit closer to us and started putting their foot in a bit but 1st half they just watched us pass them to death. That only happened because we out ran and out fought them and they couldn't cope. The much maligned Bennett and Evans were key in helping us do that. 

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s funny you say this. Yesterday before the game I was thinking the opposite - that he looks like a loner surrounded by a team.

Right now he is in the shop window and needs a club at the end of the season. Two key moments before we can say Mowbray has tamed him. What happens when Mulgrew is fit? Where does he go at the end of the season?

What Mowbray does seem to excel at is the environment and culture he encourages. He’s said in the past that he lets the senior players have a big say in things, which will help with that. He places great importance on the character of players that he brings in. Maybe this is part of why he buys British. It’s also more likely to keep the ‘group’ as an 18 or 20 rather than three or four smaller cliques. But I does mean that we will miss out on some great opportunities to bring in quality at the right price for our budget.

Quiz question: Mowbray has bought almost exclusively English, plus a Scot (Caddis) and a Northern Irish (Lyons). He has only brought in two none UK players, name them and their nationality - without google...

Leuts and that young Lithuanian? 

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Antonsson and Luetwiler. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Williams

Leuteiler

• Like 1

Outstanding performance. The first 20-25 minutes was a good as any I’ve seen from Rovers in a long time. 

Evans was my man of the match. I cannot advance anything that hasn’t already been said. Underated player. 

I’ve read through all the posts - I’ve seen a couple of posters criticise Graham?!! That’s beyond comprehension! Alex James covered the game for the Lancs telegraph in place of Rich Sharp who is on holiday. To quote Alex James in the match report - “Danny Graham produced a lone striker masterclass, holding off Hull defenders as if they were smaller children in the playground.”  I couldn’t have put it any better.

I’ve also read a couple saying Dack was poor. Dack started off like a man possessed, he was everywhere in the first 20-25 minutes, this rubbed off on the team and consequently the game was won. Even if things don’t quite come off for him, when he is running around like that being a constant nuisance for their defence he is still our most important player. 

Mowbray should be nailed on January manager of the month with 100% record and 3 clean sheets. 

30 years ago we got into the play offs with Garner and Gayle at the helm. No reason why we can’t do the same this season with Dack and Graham leading the way!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looks like Im in a minority of one on this but he really isn't. He's had it imo.

Couple of decent flick ons and everyone appears to  think he's had a worldie because we won 3-0.

If the result hadn't gone our way I suspect everyone would have a far less rose tinted viee of his extremely limited contribution.

I take it you didn't make it in time for the first half, where Grahams play as a targetman was perfect.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, david brent said:

Outstanding performance. The first 20-25 minutes was a good as any I’ve seen from Rovers in a long time. 

Evans was my man of the match. I cannot advance anything that hasn’t already been said. Underated player. 

I’ve read through all the posts - I’ve seen a couple of posters criticise Graham?!! That’s beyond comprehension! Alex James covered the game for the Lancs telegraph in place of Rich Sharp who is on holiday. To quote Alex James in the match report - “Danny Graham produced a lone striker masterclass, holding off Hull defenders as if they were smaller children in the playground.”  I couldn’t have put it any better.

I’ve also read a couple saying Dack was poor. Dack started off like a man possessed, he was everywhere in the first 20-25 minutes, this rubbed off on the team and consequently the game was won. Even if things don’t quite come off for him, when he is running around like that being a constant nuisance for their defence he is still our most important player. 

Mowbray should be nailed on January manager of the month with 100% record and 3 clean sheets. 

30 years ago we got into the play offs with Garner and Gayle at the helm. No reason why we can’t do the same this season with Dack and Graham leading the way!

I work with Gayles son.  Big liverpool  fan

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's either personal Rev or you simply don't understand the game. Graham is fundamental to our play, he is the focal point of the team and brings other players into the game. He is a dying breed in the modern game where many managers prefer smaller, quicker players who run in behind. 

I would imagine most Rovers players would say he is our MVP (I don't like these Americanisms but that description is most apt).

As someone who played that same role (albeit at a much lower standard of the game) you are totally spot on Tony.

Danny Graham is our most important player, evidenced by what has happened while he hasn’t been on the pitch this season. 

• Like 1