Mike Harrison

1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

My joint team would be: 2-3-5 or today could adapt to 4-4-1-1

Raya

Newton Wilson

Hunter Mulgrew Knighton (capt)

Connelly Metcalfe Graham Dack Armstrong

Subs: Blacklaw, Bennett, Lenihan, Evans, Rogers, Martin, Fryatt

The younger players selected of today are of my opinion as to how well I think they will progress in the future.

Apologies, to The Don, Eamon and Gentleman Jim who were not included in the starting 11. You were my favourites at the time.

I think this team would finish top 2 today and definitely top 6.

I'd have had Metcalfe on the right wing and Rogers in Metcalfe's place. Connelly had been a top player in his day and was obviously in the 22 that won the World Cup but his best days were behind him.

We'd get promoted with that team today.

It was the same old story in that era, just a couple of players short of being  a really good team.  Blacklaw was past his best and why we signed Brian Hill I'll never know. Just one of a long succession of left wingers brought in after Mike Harrison left that weren't fit to lace his boots. Don Hutchins anybody ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd have had Metcalfe on the right wing and Rogers in Metcalfe's place. Connelly had been a top player in his day and was obviously in the 22 that won the World Cup but his best days were behind him.

We'd get promoted with that team today.

It was the same old story in that era, just a couple of players short of being  a really good team.  Blacklaw was past his best and why we signed Brian Hill I'll never know. Just one of a long succession of left wingers brought in after Mike Harrison left that weren't fit to lace his boots. Don Hutchins anybody ?

I tried my best to get Rogers in that team. I realise Connelly was in the latter stages of his career after being a top player at Burnley and United but I always liked him. He scored 36 goals in 149 appearances for us - not a bad return for a winger.

Brian Hill - dear me. I don't think I ever saw him beat a man. His greatest moment in a Rovers shirt was chesting the ball into the net from one yard to score. Another dud sold to us by Huddersfield.

41 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

I tried my best to get Rogers in that team. I realise Connelly was in the latter stages of his career after being a top player at Burnley and United but I always liked him. He scored 36 goals in 149 appearances for us - not a bad return for a winger.

Brian Hill - dear me. I don't think I ever saw him beat a man. His greatest moment in a Rovers shirt was chesting the ball into the net from one yard to score. Another dud sold to us by Huddersfield.

Yeah he made Jason Wilcox look like Gareth Bale.

• Like 2