BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Let's hope we can continue the great post - Christmas rebound. I'm actually travelling down for this one. I would go with the following:

Raya

Nyambe        Lenihan              Rodwell        Bell

Travis                Evans          

Reed                           Dack                     Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Rothwell, Conway, Brereton

Predicted Rovers following - 1,450

When was the last time we won 5 on the bounce in the 2nd tier? Under Souey nearly 20 years ago?

Score prediction :   1 - 1  with a late Graham goal. I actually don't think a point is a bad result here. But we need to beat Reading at their place to make up for it.

COYB!!!!!!

Edited by JeffRover

Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan         Rodwell        Bell

Evans             Travis

Reed                         Dack                  Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Conway, Rothwell, Nuttall

• J*B pinned this topic
14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Travis Evans

Reed          Dack      Armstrong

Graham

subs:- Luetwiler Williams Smallwood Conway Rothwell Brereton Nuttall

No Nyambe in the 18? Very harsh if you ask me!

So no new faces around the place as the windows comes to a close. Only the starman who will take sometime to make a difference to the squad. Think it shows what a tight group we have at the moment. Credit to the gaffa. Next up its another in form team as red hot Brentford take on pretty hot Rovers. For me, no changes to the XI that started against Hull, unless injury or suspension has a factor. I did speak with Brentford supporter Dan McGee about "the Bee's" on their season and who we should be keeping an eye on come Saturday. 

• Like 1

Second of a run of three games against the current form teams in our league and this lot have a deadly striker as well.

I know we have a good record at Griffin Park but Brentford are currently 8 unbeaten since they lost 2-0 at Hull on 15 December.

Yes we should get at least a point but any complacency and we will be coming home as empty handed as the last day of this transfer window.   

Proper club and ground Brentford but always used to knock us out of cups for a spell then relegated us recently, well the final nail anyway so it's always nice when we beat them.

Bees  3     Rovers  1

Hysteria after the lack of transfer activity, announce relegation....

I'll settle for 2-2 though ?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett and Bell are my 1st choices full back at the minute. Both been good in 2019

Yeah I agree, and I’m one of Bennett’s biggest critics, he has been excellent the last 3 games at right back, but Nyambe is the guy long term. 

Would love to see Rothwell get a start soon, but you just can’t  drop anyone at the moment.

• Like 1

We are currently on a run of 1 win in 8 from away games - the one win being last time out in what was a relatively poor performance until the last 10 minutes.

If we are to have serious chances of making the top 6 then that obviously needs to improve.

There's only Norwich left to play away who are above us in the league, but that is only relevant if we start picking up wins away from home against the lower teams - hopefully starting Saturday.  

• Like 1

Got my ticket for this one, asked in the club shop yesterday and only had 100-200 tickets left. Said it was possible to sell out but unlikely. Bit concerned about the weather though, fear we could travel all the way there and it could be called off. 

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Got my ticket for this one, asked in the club shop yesterday and only had 100-200 tickets left. Said it was possible to sell out but unlikely. Bit concerned about the weather though, fear we could travel all the way there and it could be called off. 

It's meant to get warmer and wetter in the South East so it's more overnight frost than snow that would be a problem. Mixed reports on whether Griffin Park has undersoil heating.

Edited by Hasta

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It's meant to get warmer and wetter in the South East so it's more overnight frost than snow that would be a problem. Mixed reports on whether Griffin Park has undersoil heating.

Long way to travel for it to be called off. Hope Brentford have prepared for it.