BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just now, bluefred said:

Mowbray has no plan B. 

Need to start calling him Mowray. :rolleyes:

Humiliation today. Our first XI is great, our squad isn’t and we have a manager who doesn’t have any tactical nous. My big worry was injuries - I’ve complained about it all January and we’ve had 4 in one game with our captain already out.

Gutted.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Antagonism? I’m sharing a counter opinion mate.

The last moderate moderator ever! ?

Only because I know you personally, I’d be much more neutral with someone I didn’t know to speak to! ?

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Down to one man Pedro.

No, I'm watching it and I can see professional footballers not doing the absolute basics of defending. 

No doubt about it though, Mowbray failed to address the right hand side but throughout the side, they were useless and way off the pace.

Very frustrating but you could see how it was going to pan out in the first half.

• Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

I know we rightly look at our own short comings, but I thought Brentford were mighty impressive

Nope. Just us. The team everyone would have picked and was happy with is shit and it’s all TM.

Serious defensive issues mind.

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Put Conway on to shore it up. Getting slated for that too.

Did he? Looked like Conway went in Dack's role to me and we shipped pronto. Then shipped a load more. We conceded 4 goals in the what, 40 minutes he was on the pitch. A goal every ten minutes.

Great shoring up.

Fact is they were all over us from the 2nd minute and we were lucky to be ahead at half time. Graham apparently holding the ball up somehow gave them 70% possession, but him going off is clearly why we lost. Our midfield got owned the entire game and I’m not sure Nyambe would’ve done any better at right back. At 2-2 we looked more likely to win it but Raya’s ridiculous error knocked the stuffing out of the team. The only good news is Brereton looked a proper player, arguably our best one after coming on. I don’t think Charlie will be worrying about not getting his place back.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Did he? Looked like Conway went in Dack's role to me and we shipped pronto. Then shipped a load more. We conceded 4 goals in the what, 40 minutes he was on the pitch. A goal every ten minutes.

Great shoring up.

Only just notes that. That is crap.

Lost interest when heads seemed to drop.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Nope. Just us. The team everyone would have picked and was happy with is shit and it’s all TM.

Serious defensive issues mind.

Every message board is the same after a defeat. Its just frustration coming out.

Not much reasonable debate until everyone calms down a bit

Tbf though 5-2 is pretty shocking

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Fact is they were all over us from the 2nd minute and we were lucky to be ahead at half time. Graham apparently holding the ball up somehow gave them 70% possession, but him going off is clearly why we lost. Our midfield got owned the entire game and I’m not sure Nyambe would’ve done any better at right back. At 2-2 we looked more likely to win it but Raya’s ridiculous error knocked the stuffing out of the team. The only good news is Brereton looked a proper player, arguably our best one after coming on. I don’t think Charlie will be worrying about not getting his place back.

Antagonist!

Couldn’t (and haven’t) put it better myself.

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We needed fullback cover.

If Nyambe is injured then we're in trouble as Bennett isn't a RB in any shape or form. He's been absolutely embarrassed today. 

We need a lot more than just cover for fullback. We've been leaking goals all season, the few games before this one excepted. Even though we play two DMs.