BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Right wing actually. Fairly square peg.

No10 acc to rich Sharpe who was at the game from where Conway gave the foul away from which they scored their 3rd acc to Sharpe. He then moved to the right wing later from where he continued to play a starring role in shoring up the team?

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

No bottle when it gets tough - Bristol, Swansea, Preston, Wigan, Sheff Utd, Brentford how many more to come ?

We certainly know how to lose in style.

BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Thought Evans and Travis were both poor, and Rodwell is definitely in danger of losing his place. 

Edited by S8 & Blue

Showing what a stupid decision Brereton was for a club in our position.  We could’ve bought a good, £2m proven goalscorer, a £2m centre half, and a £2m winger and still had £1m change.  Dack was £750k so you can’t tell me we couldn’t have signed 3 very good (for our squad) players who could’ve made a huge difference from League One.  Preston just signed at least a couple who are playing really well for them.  Our scouting must be shite, or it’s just piss poor decision making by those in charge.

• Like 7

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

i hope tony runs the riot act at them after their 2nd half showing if he comes out blaming injuries making excuses he needs to be sacked fuckin embarrassing that performance 2nd half

You need to be sacked.

Have you got a “needs to be sacked” button on your keyboard? ?

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

No10 acc to rich Sharpe who was at the game from where he gave the foul away from which they scored their 3rd acc to Sharpe. He then moved to the right wing later from where he continued to play a starring role in shoring up the team?

You mean that foul to the right of our area? Where a right-sided midfielder might commit one?

Sharpe called it to early, they were still getting sorted out.

Has to be said, Brereton actually did reasonably well when he came on today. A few nice touches. I feel like if something had dropped for him with a bit of space in the box he would even have found that elusive goal. Hopefully he can press on, as we certainly need him to.

Third goal was an utter shambles, and we were incredibly open to counter attacks after that. We're a team who can come back from conceding early, but fall to pieces when we concede late.

• Like 1

Have we fallen behind, heck even conceded a goal, in the second half of an away game this season and not capitulated?

Bristol City, Swansea, Leeds, Staff Utd, Brentford, Preston and Wigan. Plus Stoke where we actually held on, thanks to a missed penalty. That's 8, plus 4 clean sheets and a 95th minute Ipswich goal. Middlesbrough had 10 men and still looked like winning and WBA was a pure bombardment too, for different reasons.

All in all we have a weak mentality. We are solid as long as the other team has 0. Soon as the other team score after 45 minutes you worry for any points at all if we wernt already 3 or even 4 goals up. 

Our final 30/20/10 minute stats are going to be quite staggering come end of the season.

Sad thing is I said at 2-2, "we score next and it's probably a 3-3, they score and we concede 5".

At least Graham, Dack, Evans and Lenihan aren't all injured........ 

• Like 2

Just now, BennyBennyson said:

Everyone I know said Bennett shouldn't be on over Nyambe so don't start chatting about 'hindsight'

I only really interact with Rovers fans on here.

Please add me to a WhatsApp group with your mates where I can learn such pearls of footballing wisdom as changing a defence on a 4 win run.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

You mean that foul to the right of our area? Where a right-sided midfielder might commit one?

Sharpe called it to early, they were still getting sorted out.

It wasn't the right wing that needed sorting. It was the right back that was getting run ragged. We had Travis and Reed that could play right back. Ideally though, our normal first choice right back should've been at least on the bench, should our makeshift one have a mare.

Soft underbelly of this team exposed again

Every single time we approach the playoffs we get nosebleed and take 2 steps back

The £7m wasted on Brereton was criminal really when it would have bought 3 players the team needed much more

• Like 4

We were already the team that had shipped the most away goals in the division, that just confirms our place on the leader board.

Gone from 8th to 11th, gd back to -4, pile of fucking shit! Can't defend a lead as long as they've got holes in their arses, shite tactics once again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Showing what a stupid decision Brereton was for a club in our position.  We could’ve bought a good, £2m proven goalscorer, a £2m centre half, and a £2m winger and still had £1m change.  Dack was £750k so you can’t tell me we couldn’t have signed 3 very good (for our squad) players who could’ve made a huge difference from League One.  Preston just signed at least a couple who are playing really well for them.  Our scouting must be shite, or it’s just piss poor decision making by those in charge.

Name the three 2million pound men you had in mind.

Well I am going to take a contrarian view to all the tearing of hair and rending of clothes which is going to happen on here.

Brentford had spotted Travis' inexperience and forced error after error from him. That left Evans isolated and ineffectual. For all the damage they did down the wings, Brentford won that game through owning the centre of the park.

The other factor was a soft ref resulting in Rovers ending the game on ten men and Travis and Bennett walking wounded. Mowbray's selection headache is probably going to be solved for him by the treatment room. Brentford were allowed to be brutal and they didn't pass up on the opportunity.

Of course Raya cost us again today but I still think he is a fabulous keeper in the making and would stick with him.

Bennett was shown up for not being the natural right back he isn't- would have much preferred Nyambe out there.

A clear positive was the Brereton cameo and being on the park with Nuttall at the same time showed he is much the better of the two.

Disappointing but the crunch is how we respond against Bristol City next week.

• Like 3

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Saying the manager should be sacked after the past 18 months we’ve had winds me up even more.

can you seriously see tony taking us to the promise land if you can a word with yourself

reason why we dropped most points from winning position poor management/defending/no squad depth i love us to go up not happening with tony sorry

Edited by Roboftherovers82
  • Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Soft underbelly of this team exposed again

Every single time we approach the playoffs we get nosebleed and take 2 steps back

The £7m wasted on Brereton was criminal really when it would have bought 3 players the team needed much more

Bit like Bowyer huh? 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I only really interact with Rovers fans on here.

Please add me to a WhatsApp group with your mates where I can learn such pearls of footballing wisdom as changing a defence on a 4 win run.

Dosn't take 'pearls of footballing wisdom' to realise that not even featuring our best right back in the squad is a bad idea.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

Name the three 2million pound men you had in mind.

Wouldn't have been able to afford the wages on players at that level. Brereton is only one player and won't be the highest paid in the squad. It's wages not transfer fees that are the key factor in signing players.