BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Re : injury to Graham

Dack, Graham, Evans and Lenihan all picked up injuries, hence why the first three were taken off, and obviously Darragh didn't finish the game. 'Too soon to tell', says TM, with all four to be assessed on Monday.

This is probably the worst day of the whole season. Including the Preston aberration.

• Like 3

Watched the game and simply an absolute disgrace.

Mowbray bleats on about team spirit and having a good group which im sure it is to some degree but you wouldnt have them in the trenches with you. Mentally weak, collapse at the very hint of danger and I think thats over 20 points surrendered from winning positions which is quite frankly embarassing.

Rayas is always a couple of games from a game changing error. Not a reliable promotion chasing keeper.

Bennett is never a right back, I get not to change a winning team but Nyambe HAS to start next time. The other 3 defenders also very poor.

Travis had a shocker and Evans was poor alongside him. Reed was ok first half and Armstrong a solitary bright spark really.

Our reliance on Dack and Graham and the defence by those suggesting we were right to keep our powder dry in January may be made to look foolish if the pair are injured. Brereton was actually not that bad but he never looked threatening and Nuttall is not up to it, he seemed like a bit of a loose cannon too and his body language was poor. Conway another bizarre sub.

There’s no doubt that, for all the much vaunted togetherness, this group of players are soft as shit in adversity. Heads down, shuffle back upfield for the kick-off, no-one taking accountability, no-one letting other players know they are letting the team down. Until we get in a couple of snarlers, we aren’t going anywhere.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

On the plus side, Brerton looked much better than any other time I've seen him. Hope that continues, especially if Dack and Graham are out for any amount of time.

I thought he was a little encouraging today, with a tad more good fortune with the rub if the green could have done even better.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Rayas is always a couple of games from a game changing error. Not a reliable promotion chasing keeper.

Mistake after mistake and game changers too....bad kick after bad kick....yes hes decent point blank etc, but for me we need a older more experienced goalkeeper to keep our jittery defence calm. Hes just the wrong personality for me.

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I wonder what the feeling is in Venky towers after that. If recent reports are to be believed, and they were keen on bringing players in only to be talked down by Mowbray, they may well be asking questions.

Doubt it, Mowbray has a job for life here if he wants it. 

28 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just like Bowyer - manager, team and club takes fright at taking the next step 

Jim, I always called it self preservation, cos Gary knew should we get promoted he would be out of a job in short time, better to stay in the calm and comfort of the Chamoionship.

Just now, USABlue said:

Jim, I always called it self preservation, cos Gary knew should we get promoted he would be out of a job in short time, better to stay in the calm and comfort of the Chamoionship.

That's an interesting theory. And most probably the truth that we would not like to believe.

Strong and Stable!

Just now, jim mk2 said:

You win promotion by having a solid defence, not trying to outscore the opposition.

Priority No 1 is to have a keeper who doesn't cost vital points by making silly mistakes, then a domnant centre half.

We have neither

Just seen the Raya error. Safe to say he wont be in team next week :wub: ...pathetic.

20 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

tony has done great i just dnt think in long run he is the man to take us up sorry just my view 

I'd probably agree with you there. I don't think he is.

However I agree with the sentiments that we aren't ready to go up yet, the results alone show that. But in a way, I'd rather not do this season. This is the first time in a long time I can see some sort of plan at Ewood, and that is largely down to Mowbray. The players we've brought in, the team spirit, the gradual introduction of some of the youngsters - it's a far cry from dicking 80k on Etuhu and Murphy.

The team needs help as Mowbray has said before, today it showed. But let's give the guy a chance to build a proper challenging championship team (the summer window and next Jan) before we start looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

I kind of felt that too. Although some disagreed at the time, that squad was a top 3/4 team. How we never managed to get up there with the amount of goals scored by Rhodes and Gestede, and with the likes of Hanley, Dann and Duffy keeping it relatively tight at the back, is mystifying.

Just now, Pedro said:

I kind of felt that too. Although some disagreed at the time, that squad was a top 3/4 team. How we never managed to get up there with the amount of goals scored by Rhodes and Gestede, and with the likes of Hanley, Dann and Duffy keeping it relatively tight at the back, is mystifying.

I just don’t think GB was good enough rather than deliberately trying to not get promoted. Over-cautious, summed up by Lowe being the lynchpin in the side.

If he had got Rovers promoted he’d have had other job offers.

Just now, Stuart said:

Fair.

Is he actually injured though? To not even be on the bench? (Genuinely don’t know).

I think he's thinking that Travis, Bennett and Reed can all cover that position, he'd gamble on someone else warming the bench.

Just now, Stuart said:

I just don’t think GB was good enough rather than deliberately trying to not get promoted. Over-cautious, summed up by Lowe being the lynchpin in the side.

If he had got Rovers promoted he’d have had other job offers.

And presumably a massive bonus.