BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just watched the highlights. 5 2 flatters them. Graham and Dack going off changed the game but we were still in it till Raya's howler. Then chasing it we were caught out. Disappointing after such a good start but we will have these days in this tough league. We lick our wounds and then move on to the Reading game.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I kind of felt that too. Although some disagreed at the time, that squad was a top 3/4 team. How we never managed to get up there with the amount of goals scored by Rhodes and Gestede, and with the likes of Hanley, Dann and Duffy keeping it relatively tight at the back, is mystifying.

If that was the case he'd have done the same at Blackpool. But he resigned.

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Just watched the highlights. 5 2 flatters them. Graham and Dack going off changed the game but we were still in it till Raya's howler. Then chasing it we were caught out. Disappointing after such a good start but we will have these days in this tough league. We lick our wounds and then move on to the Reading game.

Bristol City at home next Saturday, followed by Reading away the following Wednesday.

Bristol unbeaten in 11 and 5 straight wins, we'd better hope Dack and Graham are ok for that one or we could be in for another hiding.

12 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Some good sense there, a voice of reason, Raya cist us the game cos we were definitely on the front foot, after going behind too but I was fancying us to get our noses in front......and then along comes Raya.

Genuine question. Who still backs Mowbray to get promotion from this league. Not this year but ever?

We've got a bowyer number two manager who is okay at managing people but shit at managing tactics. If half this board can see our right back is getting destroyed then why doesn't the manager change it in game?

On the right back. Bennet should never be ahead of Nyambe. He can't get up and down the pitch. Has no pace and can't defend. He's a runner. Nothing more.

On Dack. Most would think his direct replacement is Rothwell during a game yet a 33 year old winger is brought on who shouldn't even be at the club but because he "keeps the lads in line" which is the managers job anyway he gets a new deal. Fuck the has been off. Couldn't cut it in league 1 so why in the championship?

Sounds like Brereton did okay today. Was Graham injured or not because I'm waiting for a comment to blame the young lad for the collapse.

Also I'm not impressed with this the owners want to back with money but I don't want to spend mentality. It stinks of self preservation of one's own job. "If I don't up expectations I won't get sacked" and the few individuals who will reply to this with stop moaning it's okay.  Do one! 

Your blinded by a manager whose best assets is to keep the owners interested and the players in check. 

Said a few games ago as well at this week. He's just another bowyer. 

Also Norwich who many tipped to struggle are bossing the league because of good recruitment and good tactics. They are no bigger of a club  than us. Might get more crowds but haven't spent as much as us this year. 

Last part but why can't a manager who is meant to be defensive and sets his team up so he only had 2 1/2 attackers for balance not be able to keep most games competitive. Anyone can get smacked in a 5-2 but we've done similar score lines multiple times this season. Again, not good enough.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's the 2nd Raya howler that has cost us points. Good keeper, but far from the finished article. 

I thought it was more than that.

Whatever, he's definitely in a points deficit regarding 'worldies to win points' vs 'clangers to cost points'.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17405100.brentford-5-blackburn-rovers-2-tony-mowbray-reaction/

Don't think this has been posted yet.

Mowbray said: “It turned in to a difficult afternoon, but for long spells we were pretty good and deserved to score more than the two we did.

“We had to make a decision with Bradley and Danny who were both struggling. We decided to give both five minutes but they both weren’t right.

“They are two pretty important players for us, with their leadership qualities as well, and without them we lost a little bit of that.

“I think we got a bit stretched. We gifted them the second and third goals.

“The second goal, we work really hard on defending free kicks and it was really disappointing that he could just roll it square and the lad shoots in to the corner, without it getting blocked.

“The third goal, the goalie decides to come and try and help the defence and gets himself mixed up and it’s in the net.

“We then went chasing the goal but then the game ran away from us at the end. It got too stretched and we were everything that our team is not.

“We played against a good team, let’s give them some credit. They have some good footballers in the forward areas, we knew that, and I thought we dealt with that for long parts, but not at the end.”

1 minute ago, Tom Stinny said:

Genuine question. Who still backs Mowbray to get promotion from this league. Not this year but ever?

We've got a bowyer number two manager who is okay at managing people but shit at managing tactics. If half this board can see our right back is getting destroyed then why doesn't the manager change it in game?

On the right back. Bennet should never be ahead of Nyambe. He can't get up and down the pitch. Has no pace and can't defend. He's a runner. Nothing more.

On Dack. Most would think his direct replacement is Rothwell during a game yet a 33 year old winger is brought on who shouldn't even be at the club but because he "keeps the lads in line" which is the managers job anyway he gets a new deal. Fuck the has been off. Couldn't cut it in league 1 so why in the championship?

Sounds like Brereton did okay today. Was Graham injured or not because I'm waiting for a comment to blame the young lad for the collapse.

Also I'm not impressed with this the owners want to back with money but I don't want to spend mentality. It stinks of self preservation of one's own job. "If I don't up expectations I won't get sacked" and the few individuals who will reply to this with stop moaning it's okay.  Do one! 

Your blinded by a manager whose best assets is to keep the owners interested and the players in check. 

Also Norwich who many tipped to struggle are bossing the league because of good recruitment and good tactics. They are no bigger of a club  than us. Might get more crowds but haven't spent as much as us this year. 

Last part but why can't a manager who is meant to be defensive and sets his team up so he only had 2 1/2 attackers for balance not be able to keep most games competitive. Anyone can get smacked in a 5-2 but we've done similar score lines multiple times this season. Again, not good enough.

Stuart got that covered a few pages back.

Just now, Husky said:

Whatever, he's definitely in a points deficit regarding 'worldies to win points' vs 'clangers to cost points'.

I really don't think he is. He's dropped a few clangers, but he's also saved us a lot of points and I think he gets an unfair rep. That one today was an absolute bollock to drop though, piss poor.

• Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

Not so sure about that.  I think we forget some of his saves.  His clangers repeat themselves everytime I close me eyes.

7 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

I'd back Mowbray to do it again- yes.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Hilarious how many people seem to turn up moaning as soon as we lose a game, and suggest he’s not up to it ?. Wigan and Rotherham would kill to be in our position right now. 

Hilarious how people turn up keener to have a pop at other fans rather than mourning a really poor defeat. 

Dont we all support the same club? Aren’t you annoyed we got slapped after being 2-0 up?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

For those questioning Mowbray - look at the squad. Where do you think we should finish? 

To expect us to be in the play offs with the current side is massively optimistic.

Bowyer had better players. He should have done more with what he had. I don’t think the same accusation can be made now.

Bowyer had better players because he was able to spot them and buy them for far less than BB has cost. 

29 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Cracking post. Not sure we're a bigger Club than Norwich but we have richer owners. Other than that you've mirrored many of my thoughts exactly.

(Theme from The Italian Job comes on)

"We are the self preservation society."

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hilarious how people turn up keener to have a pop at other fans rather than mourning a really poor defeat. 

Dont we all support the same club? Aren’t you annoyed we got slapped after being 2-0 up?

Course I’m annoyed. It’s just annoying that people seem to turn up and moan about Mowbray everytime we lose. It’s one defeat and it’s something along the lines of : “I don’t think he’a got it in him to take us back up.” The more annoying thing is, we’re not even meant to be challenging for promotion this season, yet- because of Mowbray’s management- we have been. 

Raya made a mistake. Raya needs a decent mentor behind him, to improve his decision making. He’s still a young lad and developing though. There are others at fault though too for today’s defeat.