BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

41 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Hilarious how many people seem to turn up moaning as soon as we lose a game, and suggest he’s not up to it ?. Wigan and Rotherham would kill to be in our position right now. 

Wigan and Rotherham should not be teams we are considering our peers.

Keep on thinking small.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Also, impressed with Brentford. Sawyers and Benrahma were on another level. 

Their a far better side than rovers, I knew that before the game kicked off, but yet they were 10 places below us, it's a funny league. I suspect if they'd have kept the fella who went to villa, they'd be well in contention for play offs. Very good side, sawyers, benrahma, Watkins and maupay would all get in our side, and so would their whole back 4, but i think 80% of sides in the league, id take their whole defence over ours.

Edited by AAK

The story of Rovers season points thrown away from a winning position. After a few clean sheets (that papering over the cracks) it only took conceding one goal then the panic sets in and as far too often happens the flood gates open. Once we concede one we are always more than likely to concede at least one more. Mowbray talks about our great team spirit but too many times this season heads drop, they stop working and we get thumped.

Once Dack and Graham go off let's bet honest that was the end of our hopes of scoring a third but that's our own fault for not bringing someone in. A shame we didn't appear to work out that the foreign market had value until deadline day because as Brentford showed today there is value in it.

If one good thing come's out of this result it will be that one of our best defenders and brightest prospects Ryan Nyambe will be back in the team next week, its ridiculous that he isn't even making the squad. Bennett never has been and never will be a full back.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

The story of Rovers season points thrown away from a winning position. After a few clean sheets (that papering over the cracks) it only took conceding one goal then the panic sets in and as far too often happens the flood gates open. Once we concede one we are always more than likely to concede at least one more. Mowbray talks about our great team spirit but too many times this season heads drop, they stop working and we get thumped.

Once Dack and Graham go off let's bet honest that was the end of our hopes of scoring a third but that's our own fault for not bringing someone in. A shame we didn't appear to work out that the foreign market had value until deadline day because as Brentford showed today there is value in it.

If one good thing come's out of this result it will be that one of our best defenders and brightest prospects Ryan Nyambe will be back in the team next week, its ridiculous that he isn't even making the squad. Bennett never has been and never will be a full back.

Bennett isn't good enough full stop. People love him, and I understand why, he's a grafter, but he's not a good player. The whole back 4 isn't any good though, lets be honest. The whole teams panicks on the ball, which puts even more pressure on our weak defence.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hilarious how people turn up keener to have a pop at other fans rather than mourning a really poor defeat. 

Dont we all support the same club? Aren’t you annoyed we got slapped after being 2-0 up?

Ya we all support the same club, some fans just get annoyed at those who knee jerk and over react after a defeat. Why do you always try and lay the law down to the former? 

• Like 3

The difference between the Raya mistake today and against Birmingham is that we were always going to lose this game, you sensed it... especially with Nuttall, Conway and Brereton 'roaming' their final third and Bennett playing as he tends to do away from home... crap.

Don't forget the two world class saves he made in the 1-0 at Ewood and the parting of the Red sea for 3 of the other 4 goals. You can't train some of the things Raya has in his pocket, you can train and coach his decision making, and kicking... if only we had an actually professional GK coach.

Flowers, Brad, Robinson, Given. How can a team with such a fantastic history of great GK's not have a previous professional as a coach. Might have been okay as a L1 coach, but even the staff need to improve as we do. Same potentially of David Lowe.

• Like 2

Well that's a first, I only go back 60  years but I can't ever remember us being 2-0 up after 10 mins and losing 5-2 ! High fives and happy selfies out on the piss don't equate to team spirit in my book. Rolling your sleeves and meeting fire with fire against physical teams  does. Resilience in the face of adversity has been lacking at the club since at least the Big Sam era. None of our subsequent managers have been able to recreate the fighting spirit that Sam's team had to a good extent and Mark Hughes team had in spades.

Cheer up guys I believe England beat Ireland so I'm going to watch it in a minute. Let's see some players putting their bodies on the line.

• Like 3

I wouldn't write this season off now. I'd still want to be competitive but I'd honestly like a lad or two from the youth setup brought in to get a task ready for next season. Seem a few mention Butterworth and Grayson I think it was. Sorry if thats wrong but let's get these lads in now and see how they go.

If they do well it's two less positions in the squad to fill. Summer targets should be in defence and goalkeeper. Get a solid base and build from there.

I'm afraid Mowbray's game management has been done over today.

At 2-0 up we need a plan to see the game out. Instead we played into their hands.

It is a really difficult ground to play at, our usual game of passing it around the back didn't work. Ewood is one of the biggest pitches outside the PL, Brentford is one of the smallest and it showed.

Home advanced counted for a lot.

Bennett was really exposed. I don't know why Reed wasn't moved over.

It’s definitely a result that asks more questions than answers. 

Feel we are at the end of a long dark tunnel where we have been before and chose the wrong door, will we choose the same wrong door and go down the same path or have lessons been learned to take the right door for progression. I don’t know. We are either going to be the same kind of team as say a Preston, languishing mid- bottom or we take a gamble to be a top 6. My head says mowbray isn’t a gambler

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

I wouldn't write this season off now. I'd still want to be competitive but I'd honestly like a lad or two from the youth setup brought in to get a task ready for next season. Seem a few mention Butterworth and Grayson I think it was. Sorry if thats wrong but let's get these lads in now and see how they go.

If they do well it's two less positions in the squad to fill. Summer targets should be in defence and goalkeeper. Get a solid base and build from there.

Grayson is a left back who is out on loan. butterworts is a striker who puts himself about a bit. Maybe he could replace Nuttall on the bench for a few games.

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well that's a first, I only go back 60  years but I can't ever remember us being 2-0 up after 10 mins and losing 5-2 ! High fives and happy selfies out on the piss don't equate to team spirit in my book. Rolling your sleeves and meeting fire with fire against physical teams  does. Resilience in the face of adversity has been lacking at the club since at least the Big Sam era. None of our subsequent managers have been able to recreate the fighting spirit that Sam's team had to a good extent and Mark Hughes team had in spades.

Cheer up guys I believe England beat Ireland so I'm going to watch it in a minute. Let's see some players putting their bodies on the line.

We have had that in 4 out of the last 5 league games. It is there. 

The difference between good teams and great teams is consistency. We aren’t great yet.

And when we get beat we don’t half implode spectacularly.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Traviscon said:

The team needs help as Mowbray has said before, today it showed. But let's give the guy a chance to build a proper challenging championship team (the summer window and next Jan) before we start looking elsewhere.

He's just had a month to get help in and hasn't even though by his own admission he had the funds to so. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya we all support the same club, some fans just get annoyed at those who knee jerk and over react after a defeat. Why do you always try and lay the law down to the former? 

It’s not really an over reaction though, is it? Certainly not for most. Just seems bizarre that people are more interested at having a go at other fans than dissecting the reasons for a defeat together. Those that do just that, are accused of being ‘knee jerk’. 

Fans that go the other way and call other fans ‘happy clappers’ or ‘Venky sympathisers’ aren’t sound either and they are called out and dealt with as well. Just some don’t seem to see that.

Someone on that side of the fence was banned for that just the other day...

Theres obviously a mental fragility and a weakness which is causing us to throw away over 20 points from winning positions, and cause us to surrender as soon as we sense danger, weve been hammered quite a few times with no resistance for a team harbouring play off ambitions.

You look last year, once we got set we became incredibly ruthless and clinical, whats changed? Today was a 2 nil lead on the back of 4 wins so theres no reason for the collapse. Was it just that we had enough quality in League 1 terms that our mental strength wasnt tested too often? When things are going well the team spirit is unquestionable but thats when its easy to stick together.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s not really an over reaction though, is it? Certainly not for most. Just seems bizarre that people are more interested at having a go at other fans than dissecting the reasons for a defeat together. Those that do just that, are accused of being ‘knee jerk’. 

Fans that go the other way and call other fans ‘happy clappers’ or ‘Venky sympathisers’ aren’t sound either and they are called out and dealt with as well. Just some don’t seem to see that.

Someone on that side of the fence was banned for that just the other day...

That’s a matter of opinion I suppose.

People comment on the defeat/club/manager, but part of having a discussion is vocally dissecting and disagreeing with other people’s arguments. Just because “they are mad and upset” doesn’t mean they aren’t fair game.

I understand your intentions, but there’s some right shite spouted on here by us all in both good times and bad - it’s all up to be shot down or ridiculed and I wish people wouldn’t take it so personally.

Bedwetters ?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bazza said:

Grayson is a left back who is out on loan. butterworts is a striker who puts himself about a bit. Maybe he could replace Nuttall on the bench for a few games.

Butterworth over nuttall all day for me. Has far more potential, energy and has that Chapman like excitement that ewood so longingly craves

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

For those questioning Mowbray - look at the squad. Where do you think we should finish? 

To expect us to be in the play offs with the current side is massively optimistic.

Bowyer had better players. He should have done more with what he had. I don’t think the same accusation can be made now.

It's his squad, he signed the players and he's had two transfer windows in this league so far.

I think we're allowed to judge him on his transfer activity.

Just in the same way I reserve the right to be pissed off when we lose 5-2 after being 2-0 up. If you aren't pissed off, then you can't care enough.

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

It's his squad, he signed the players and he's had two transfer windows in this league so far.

I think we're allowed to judge him on his transfer activity.

Just in the same way I reserve the right to be pissed off when we lose 5-2 after being 2-0 up. If you aren't pissed off, then you can't care enough.

Pissed off at who though?

If you can’t see the bigger picture and see us moving forwards, then you don’t think enough.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Pissed off at who though?

If you can’t see the bigger picture and see us moving forwards, then you don’t think enough.

Hard to see the bigger picture when we keeping dropping points and losing games in a similar manner. We need to get that sorted before we start looking at the bigger picture otherwise we have reached our ceiling.

• Like 2

How is that size pitch even legal? Looked half the size of Ewood! We struggled with it I thought.

Conway has had one good performance in 2 and half years. Should be his arse sat at home not Nyambe. Bennett is and always should be a bench player.

Total gimmie from Raya, not good enough.

The treatment of Joe Rothwell has been an absolute disgrace.

Edited by Fraserkirky