BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not quite sure what your point is here. Yes, he will be criticised if he makes subs whose impact on the game is in the opponents favour. Thats being a manager. Conversely, if he brought someone on (Conway is no longer an attacking sub) who impacted on the game positively he would have been praised.

My point is very simple, the attacking substitution was the correct one, just the correct player wasn't brought on. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My point is very simple, the attacking substitution was the correct one, just the correct player wasn't brought on. 

So it was the wrong sub? And therefore he opens himself to criticism. Conway is a busted flush now. Bringing him on is not an attacking change.

It was more about the "if he did x and we lost he would be criticised" argument I see quite regularly. Im not sure why that is an issue!

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So it was the wrong sub? And therefore he opens himself to criticism. Conway is a busted flush now. Bringing him on is not an attacking change.

It was more about the "if he did x and we lost he would be criticised" argument I see quite regularly. Im not sure why that is an issue!

Now you have lost me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not my point. If Smallwood was brought on for Dack and the game finished 5-2, all you would see on here is that it was "typical Mowbray being too cautious and only bringing on his favourites". The move to bring on an attacking player for Dack was the right one IMO. We needed to score next. It probably should have been Rothwell brought on though. 

Personally I would have brought on a player that could have effected our grip on the game, not just to increase the chances of us scoring the next goal, as we would have still had to hold out. Anyway it is over now, so on to the next game

Appreciate the constructive criticism on here,but can’t understand the mass hysteria every time we get beat.

Think most fans and indeed T M thought this season was consolidation, and I think that’s where we are at the moment and hopefully mid table in May will be a decent season.

There are many teams in this division who can beat each other, and I think Rovers will have to bide their time before ready for promotion.

We have lost 1 game in the last 5 winning 4, we are higher than both Wigan/Rotherham who came up with us.

Higher than both near neighbours Bolton/Preston, higher than Swansea/Stoke who both came down from premiership,complete with parachute payments.

On a par with Villa/Hull etc.

Like someone has said our problem is when we lose Graham,Dack,we implode, desperately need another Danny Graham but ,like TM has said,probably have to go abroad in the summer because the price here is too much.

Going 3 games without conceding not many were saying defence is rubbish, lose 1 heavily and we are rubbish, think it’s more game management than personnel,when we lose 2/3 injured, case of regrouping and right subs.

Think overall,TM and management doing a very good job, always room for improvement but it’s a pretty good season so far.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, unsall said:

Appreciate the constructive criticism on here,but can’t understand the mass hysteria every time we get beat.

Think most fans and indeed T M thought this season was consolidation, and I think that’s where we are at the moment and hopefully mid table in May will be a decent season.

There are many teams in this division who can beat each other, and I think Rovers will have to bide their time before ready for promotion.

We have lost 1 game in the last 5 winning 4, we are higher than both Wigan/Rotherham who came up with us.

Higher than both near neighbours Bolton/Preston, higher than Swansea/Stoke who both came down from premiership,complete with parachute payments.

Like someone has said our problem is when we lose Graham,Dack,we implode, desperately need another Danny Graham but ,like TM has said,probably have to go abroad in the summer because the price here is too much.

Going 3 games without conceding not many were saying defence is rubbish, lose 1 heavily and we are rubbish, think it’s more game management than personnel,when we lose 2/3 injured, case of regrouping and right subs.

Think overall,TM and management doing a very good job, always room for improvement but it’s a pretty good season so far.

I don't think there's much mass hysteria going round. Just concern, at least on my part, not that we lose games as such but that we seem to get these periodic hammerings where things unravel very quickly from a position of strength to a shambles. It seems to happen after we get ourselves into a good position in the league and in matches and make a good start in a game. It nearly always ends up with us sustaining multiple injuries.

Mowbray mentions the foreign market yet in his 4 transfer windows as manager of the club he has signed 1 permanent foreign player in Jayson Leutwiler who was clearly nothing more than backup. Other than that not a free agent, loan or cash buy. I think the only other player he's brought who wasn't born in the British Isles was Marcus Antonsson on loan last season. That isn't to necessarily say that buying British is bad or isn't working for us, but I find it hard to believe that this manager is seriously planning on suddenly going abroad for his players when he has shown no desire or ability to exploit that market in his time here so far.

I don't particularly consider it to be a success that we're above Rotherham and Wigan. This club should be above them. I accept it is good that we're above Stoke and Villa who have massively bigger budgets.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, unsall said:

• Being beaten by a lowly team.
  • Losing when 2-0 up.
  • Strange substitutions.
  • Amount of points lost from winning positions this season.
  • Amount of points lost in dying minutes of a game this season.
  • The strange purchase of Brereton that could have been better used.
  • Lack of activity in Jan transfer window despite TM talking it up.
  • The paranoia generated since 2010.
  • Dogs and cats living together!

Mass hysteria!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, unsall said:

Fair points but can't keep trotting out the same lines every time we end up spanked when we really shouldn't it's as if we should just be quiet let the season peter out, finish 12th then celebrate.  There are frailties that crop up every now and then that need addressing and TM his staff and the players will go through it all and analyse it also probably have a bit of a moan at each other as well so let the fans get it off their chests.#

Always going to be anger and disappointment after a defeat like that but it shouldn't be mistaken for hysteria I don't think, just wait till we lose three on the bounce then it'll come ?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I don't think there's much mass hysteria going round. Just concern, at least on my part, not that we lose games as such but that we seem to get these periodic hammerings where things unravel very quickly from a position of strength to a shambles. It seems to happen after we get ourselves into a good position in the league and in matches and make a good start in a game. It nearly always ends up with us sustaining multiple injuries.

Mowbray mentions the foreign market yet in his 4 transfer windows as manager of the club he has signed 1 permanent foreign player in Jayson Leutwiler who was clearly nothing more than backup. Other than that not a free agent, loan or cash buy. I think the only other player he's brought who wasn't born in the British Isles was Marcus Antonsson on loan last season. That isn't to necessarily say that buying British is bad or isn't working for us, but I find it hard to believe that this manager is seriously planning on suddenly going abroad for his players when he has shown no desire or ability to exploit that market in his time here so far.

I don't particularly consider it to be a success that we're above Rotherham and Wigan. This club should be above them. I accept it is good that we're above Stoke and Villa who have massively bigger budgets.

Perhaps Tony is just a massive Brexiteer!

Land of Hope & Glory.

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Until we get rid of the soft underbelly when under the cosh we are going nowhere, fans get nervy as do the players as they can’t be trusted to stand up to it. Need a far harder core than we have at the moment. Not hard enough soldiers and not enough game changing artist subs 

There is something in that, I think.

I haven't been able to bring myself to read much after my weekend in London, but did anyone else feel Brentford knew how to put it about and that our injuries possibly reflect that?

We need a John Mc Namee!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I haven't been able to bring myself to read much after my weekend in London, but did anyone else feel Brentford knew how to put it about and that our injuries possibly reflect that?

We need a John Mc Namee!

We need a Dave Fevre! 

What a signing from united he was 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We need a John Mc Namee!

We do indeed. They were fast and skillful too, quite a combo along with getting stuck in.

3 hours ago, booth said:

• Being beaten by a lowly team.
  • Losing when 2-0 up.
  • Strange substitutions.
  • Amount of points lost from winning positions this season.
  • Amount of points lost in dying minutes of a game this season.
  • The strange purchase of Brereton that could have been better used.
  • Lack of activity in Jan transfer window despite TM talking it up.
  • The paranoia generated since 2010.
  • Dogs and cats living together!

Mass hysteria!

We’re the team just up from Div 1. Yes they were a few points below us but they were a bloody good side on the day.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Even Leutwiler and Antonsson wasn't really exploring the foreign 'market', as they both came to us from British clubs. Although foreign players over here are usually a bit better value for money than English ones, the real value is in foreign players still playing overseas in economically weak leagues.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
23 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We need a John Mc Namee!

100%  Ankle tappers.  Reason for Dack's injury.