BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Unpopular Rovers Opinions

Saw this on twitter and thought it'd be a good idea for those not on the platform to be involved with.

A place to discuss some opinions you believe to be against the general consensus of our fan base.

One of mine is that Bennett is probably our most limited player in the normal match day 18. Passion only gets you so far,  and I don't think he does anywhere near enough to justify getting as many starts as he does.

• Backroom

If anything I'd say the popular opinion seems to be that Bennett is rubbish these days. I hold the opposite view and think he's decent enough - could definitely be upgraded on but worth having around for his versatility and commitment. 

As for unpopular opinion, I still think Nyambe's a long way from being the finished article. I think he's caught out of position often and that might be why TM is leaving him out of the team at present. 

I wouldn't be rushing to give Rodwell a new contract. Had some good games against some poor teams but still has some way to go to convince me that we should be offering him a long term deal.

I also think we've been more lucky than good this season. I can think of a few games we were lucky to get something from, but not many (any?) where we've lost/drawn but deserved to win. I imagine that's partially because Mowbray always sets us up to play as underdogs. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Palmer is a better player than Rothwell

Appleton and Moore would have come good in the end (May have got relegated before that though)

And the Biggy - don’t shoot me:

The Rao’s were never sinister or ill intentioned just plain daft and sold a dream by a snake oil salesman

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Palmer is a better player than Rothwell

Appleton and Moore would have come good in the end (May have got relegated before that though)

And the Biggy - don’t shoot me:

The Rao’s were never sinister or ill intentioned just plain daft and sold a dream by a snake oil salesman

Would agree with first and third. 

Appleton however...

Bennett runs about a lot and interacts with the fans but in terms of quality he doesn't bring anywhere near enough and shouldn't be in our best 11. Jack of all trades master of none.

Tony Mowbray won't take us any further than mid table/top half in the Championship. He's Bowyer MK2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You disagree?

Not as such in that I do recognise their financial clout. In order to maintain our current status in football we obviously 'need' them(their money).

However, and this may come under an unpopular opinion, if they did clear off and we did have to "do a Portsmouth" I wouldn't be overly concerned either. In fact, I'd be pretty damn content.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not as such in that I do recognise their financial clout. In order to maintain our current status in football we obviously 'need' them(their money).

However, and this may come under an unpopular opinion, if they did clear off and we did have to "do a Portsmouth" I wouldn't be overly concerned either. In fact, I'd be pretty damn content.

Whats that, languish in League 1? 

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats that, languish in League 1? 

One day (soon maybe) they will be back in the Championship along side us and they will be fan owned. 

Imagine having people who actually care about the club making the decisions! Good luck to them ( and Luton too for that matter)

• Like 1

- Bennett should never be considered at right back and shouldnt be guaranteed a place full stop.

- Rothwell for all his talent gets better each time he doesnt come on and Palmer is a better player.

- Dack is underrated in that our fans take his goal/assist return for granted, as they did with Rhodes.

- Mulgrew is our best centre back defensively but thats overshadowed by his set piece ability.

- Brereton has not had a hard time from our fans and they are behind him.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2