BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Unpopular Rovers Opinions

1 hour ago, booth said:

"Super Atko" was a nickname forged from sarcasm.

Never knew him Super as Atko until his midfield conversion and probably not even till long after that when King Kenny got the best out of him. I always thought his name was F###in Hell Atkins not Mark.

9 hours ago, Commondore said:

*As an overseas fan, I don't feel any particular way about Burnley. I do sympathize with the extra joy or gloom it brings other supporters when we win or lose against them, but for me personally they're just another team. 

*Tom Cairney was never that good. 

*The fact that our current team sports four players straight from the academy that have proven to be dependable or better at Championship level has been supremely underrated. 

HOW DARE YOU

Cairneys a very good player, as obviously is King - as can be seen from their subsequent careers.

With the benefit of hindsight there's a strong argument to say we should have sold Rhodes and played King and Gestede up front, and held onto Cairney and played him in the middle.

But that's hindsight for you.

We should have stuck with Kean as we were at the top of the league when he left.

(Disclaimer: definitely not my view, but a view heard from where I sat in the Riverside at the time)

And... Why is Dalglish giving away our best player for this Shearer lad?

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we supported Kean, we would not have gone down. The atmosphere from the crowd impacted on the players performance 

I always find this one especially funny, as some of our best results under Kean (Arsenal and Swansea come to mind) came on big protest days. Meanwhile when the protests were stopped and a truce was called with the club during early-mid December 2011, and fans banded together to support the club and temporarily halt protesting inside the stadium, we got limp performances and defeats against Sunderland, WBA and Bolton - in fact our performance against Bolton was so bad that it nearly incited a riot. One of the darkest days of that time period.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some fans are using ticket prices as an excuse to not attend games, but they wouldn't attend anyway. 

If we supported Kean, we would not have gone down. The atmosphere from the crowd impacted on the players performance 

Tin hats in the post and be with you soon ?

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

I always find this one especially funny, as some of our best results under Kean (Arsenal and Swansea come to mind) came on big protest days. Meanwhile when the protests were stopped and a truce was called with the club during early-mid December 2011, and fans banded together to support the club and temporarily halt protesting inside the stadium, we got limp performances and defeats against Sunderland, WBA and Bolton - in fact our performance against Bolton was so bad that it nearly incited a riot. One of the darkest days of that time period.  

Ya , all true, but I do think the atmosphere was so bad that it had an effect on the players. Even insofar as them wanting out of the club. 

Easier said than done not to have an atmosphere while that idiot sat in the dug out though. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya , all true, but I do think the atmosphere was so bad that it had an effect on the players. Even insofar as them wanting out of the club. 

Easier said than done not to have an atmosphere while that idiot sat in the dug out though. 

I honestly don't think it had any effect at all. We were crap under Kean long before things got really bad, we were crap when things were really bad, and we were crap for some time afterwards too. The club had been mismanaged to a point where the players had become unprofessional and disillusioned. Some of our better players (eg. Salgado) were frozen out, whilst butt kissers had preferential treatment. 

In reality, if the atmosphere at Ewood was the big problem we would have seen an improvement in performances and results on the road. Instead we won 6 at home and only 2 times away, which suggests it wasn't the atmosphere at Ewood that was the problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I honestly don't think it had any effect at all. We were crap under Kean long before things got really bad, we were crap when things were really bad, and we were crap for some time afterwards too. The club had been mismanaged to a point where the players had become unprofessional and disillusioned. Some of our better players (eg. Salgado) were frozen out, whilst butt kissers had preferential treatment. 

In reality, if the atmosphere at Ewood was the big problem we would have seen an improvement in performances and results on the road. Instead we won 6 at home and only 2 times away, which suggests it wasn't the atmosphere at Ewood that was the problem. 

That's told me then :) 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's told me then :) 

Any blame towards the fans was misguided, imo. It didn't take a genius to see the writing was on the wall with Kean in charge. No amount of applause or positive chanting was going to make up for the manager's total lack of tactical awareness or the deficit in quality across the team which got worse and worse as Kean's tenure went on. Also worth remembering we had the ultimate insult of Kean being given a new and improved contract in November 2011 despite his horrific performance as manager, something he brazenly lied about literally days before it was announced. 

The people blaming the supporters for our position tended to be those who had mistakenly backed Kean to be some kind of managerial mastermind, and who had celebrated his appointment alongside the sacking of Allardyce. Much like with Ipswich fans and Mick McCarthy, they were unable to admit to their error and so deflected blame everywhere else.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Here's a good one...

The Jack Walker takeover enabled the Venky's nightmare to take place.

Unquestionably. By taking ownership away from a mass of (relatively) impoverished local fans into the hands of one very rich tax exiled fan, plus running the club at enormous losses, the only possible future buyer was a very rich entity. Given that no local fan was remotely as rich as Jack, it was inevitable the buyer would be a non-local non-fan. Jack pursued his and our dream, but it resulted in our nightmare. Icarus flying too close to the sun.

• Like 1

The three nil drubbing at Wigan under Paul Ince was my worse ever Rovers match.more than any Kean one...especially having pedalled there on my bike.....Check this out  but when  we went down, we were still   feeding the Yak and  were   top half  highest scorers in the league.maybe even as high as 8th .Shame we let two and three times as many in ...Letting Neilson go....  think it was QPR... ..... the end ..