BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Unpopular Rovers Opinions

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

Alan Shearer is not a nice bloke and hates being reminded that he won the league at Rovers.

Well, he isn't that nice, and whilst he doesn't hate being reminded about the Prem win with Rovers, he does wish it had happened whilst he was a barcode instead - i know, I've spoken to him about it in the Diamond Inn, Ponteland, a few years back on a Friday night before he went big into punditry

33 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Well, he isn't that nice, and whilst he doesn't hate being reminded about the Prem win with Rovers, he does wish it had happened whilst he was a barcode instead - i know, I've spoken to him about it in the Diamond Inn, Ponteland, a few years back on a Friday night before he went big into punditry

Instead of Rovers, or as well as ?

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Isnt that normal though? Wouldnt you rather win the Premier League with Rovers than with Newcastle, to spin it?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Claiming that Venky’s were simply badly advised is a case of revisionism, at best born out of hope and love for the club, and at worst of deluded and misdirected blind loyalty.

Plenty of reasons to despise Jerome Anderson, but to absolve Venky’s of responsibility is rubbish... idiotic and damaging decisions like employing Coyle were theirs alone.

Them providing funding to keep us a going concern makes perfect sense to them from a business point of view and doesn’t make them some sort of benevolent benefactor.

Were Venky's told? Did they listen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Isnt that normal though? Wouldnt you rather win the Premier League with Rovers than with Newcastle, to spin it?

That i could deal with. Just seemed that for a very long time he only talked about Newcastle - the 20 year anniversary "coverage" meant he couldn't avoid it but prior to that it was like John Cleese and the Germans...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Were Venky's told? Did they listen?

They knew best on a lot of occasions and cocked a deaf un in ignorance on a lot others no doubt.

They are trying to make up for it though Or it's just handy having this oversees loss maker on the books to hide a few profits from the tax man and play around with........

1 minute ago, rigger said:

That still doesn't make Bell any good. I will concede he has raised his game to pretty average.

Makes him the joint 3rd best left back in the league ;) 

17 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Unquestionably. By taking ownership away from a mass of (relatively) impoverished local fans into the hands of one very rich tax exiled fan, plus running the club at enormous losses, the only possible future buyer was a very rich entity. Given that no local fan was remotely as rich as Jack, it was inevitable the buyer would be a non-local non-fan. Jack pursued his and our dream, but it resulted in our nightmare. Icarus flying too close to the sun.

On the other hand we are still at what would probably have been our level now without any of it happening.

The Venkys saga is only so nightmarish because the dream was so glorious.

That and the farcical elements of course.

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

How about playing badminton? (Obviously not with matching shorts unless your initials are JT...)

I’ll extend that to the playing of sports...

• Backroom
11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Venky’s were badly advised...

BUT everything happened under their watch, therefore the buck stops with them...

Yep. Badly advised, perhaps, but 100% complicit and happy to take part in a greedy, money-making scheme at the expense of this club and its fans. The fact it came crashing down around them and ended up instead as a massive albatross around their neck is just karma. Unfortunately we have had to suffer through it as well.  

• Like 5

Just now, rigger said:

No it doesn’t. It makes him in your opinion the third best that you have seen 

I'm confused. I've made 2 points you seem to have tried to disagree with yet what you've said has backed what i initially said? 

Just now, rigger said:

What I am pointing out is that your comments are opinions and not facts 

On a fan forum? Thought that was pretty obvious to be honest.

My two comments on the thread titled "Unpopular Rovers OPINIONS" were that I haven't seen a left back other than 2 I thought was better than Bell. A fair opinion which you responded saying this didn't make him any good, which i hadn't said.

Followed by me making a joke about him being the third best in the league, with a wink, which you seem to have been offended by. You're not Derrick are you?