BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

An Evening with Tony Mowbray

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Venksters will have a specific time period. Promotion is the only game in town for them. If Tony can't do the deed he will be ousted to make way for the next manager on the dole who once got promotion to the Prem.

20/21 Season to top off  the season long  celebrations of ten glorious years?

Edited by perthblue02

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

You only have to look at how Rothwell has been treated. He is a playmaker and real game changer. But even when Dack is injured he still can’t get a look in. Mowbray has favourites and that’s that. Anyone else might get a few minutes on rotation.

He explains why Rothwell isn't playing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Have been one of mowbrays biggest critics, more for the brand of football than the results, but the points made by himself were refreshing. I just hope he does as he says as he does have a history of telling us one thing and we lap it up and he does another. 

He sounds like he pretty much knew where the criticisms would come from and tackled them before they were raised.

i do wish someone had raised our fullback situation, who was def leaving in the summer, such as Conway and what was the plan with rodwell. I don’t want him at cb but I’d have him as centre mid. Maybe somebody to question our fitness and late concede record too 

I suppose, at the end of the day, he can't really talk about specific players and who's leaving etc in public.  There has to be a degree of professionalism at these things.  When talking about the centre backs and getting to Rodwell, he simply said he was a 'project'.  Wasn't glowing or damning about him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah they need time to gel give him until January. Rinse and repeat

That's a fair comment to be honest.  TM has said all along that he expects players to bed in and learn how we play.  Nobody seems to come straight into the side.  God knows how long he'll want to get 4 or 5  Johnny foreigners up to speed!

7 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's a fair comment to be honest.  TM has said all along that he expects players to bed in and learn how we play.  Nobody seems to come straight into the side.  God knows how long he'll want to get 4 or 5  Johnny foreigners up to speed!

How did he say we were going to find these foreign players if we've no foreign scouts? 

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

He explains why Rothwell isn't playing.

So he was going to start against Boro but couldn’t due to personal circumstances? What about the rest of the games? Why, for instance, did he bring off Dack recently and not replace him with Rothwell?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

How did he say we were going to find these foreign players if we've no foreign scouts? 

It would appear something is in place now, no idea how developed.  Though one would assume that hiring a scout in said country, would give you immediate access to said scout's knowledge/database of players.  Then they send staff from the club to watch (Venus being the main one).

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It would appear something is in place now, no idea how developed.  Though one would assume that hiring a scout in said country, would give you immediate access to said scout's knowledge/database of players.  Then they send staff from the club to watch (Venus being the main one).

Did they actually say that because it was only last week Mogga was saying we didn't have any European scouts?

Only just caught up on this. On the defender he referred to... Has to be Bauer surely? 

He's pretty much a dressed everything that I've suggested... Lack of leadership, Joe Rothwell and scouting in Germany, France and Holland... It's almost as if he or someone from the club has been reading posts on here before this event. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Only just caught up on this. On the defender he referred to... Has to be Bauer surely? 

He's pretty much a dressed everything that I've suggested... Lack of leadership, Joe Rothwell and scouting in Germany, France and Holland... It's almost as if he or someone from the club has been reading posts on here before this event. ?

I think you are 100% correct