BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Bristol City

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Think it was toed-in-the-hole.

Good???

Either way, he's playing shyte for us overall despite the odd goal.

Harsh.??

He's not hitting the heights of earlier in the season but he's still our most creative outlet. He doesn't look fit to me at the moment. He's a chunky monkey who seems to suffer more than most when he's not in tip-top condition. 

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Good???

Harsh.??

He's not hitting the heights of earlier in the season but he's still our most creative outlet. He doesn't look fit to me at the moment. He's a chunky monkey who seems to suffer more than most when he's not in tip-top condition. 

All about opinions I suppose.  For me, it's his job to take care of his body and mind.  I'd start with an haircut and a shave.  He needs to stop producing 1 in 4 and make it 3 in 4. Yesterday he was abysmal against robust defending.  Looks like theres no fight in the dog

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

All about opinions I suppose.  For me, it's his job to take care of his body and mind.  I'd start with an haircut and a shave.  He needs to stop producing 1 in 4 and make it 3 in 4. Yesterday he was abysmal against robust defending.  Looks like theres no fight in the dog

Haha why? How does that affect his performance in any way?

F15A9793-FA06-4C13-83D8-0D8EC74F0EF7.jpeg

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Backroom
3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/11632713/blackburn-0-1-bristol-city

Highlights^ Nyambe didn't lose his man. They were hugging each other. His mistake was to not be looking at the ball. Raya was asleep.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17421612.blackburn-rovers-0-bristol-city-1-player-ratings/

I think Sharpe was asleep too. He claims Raya was blocked off for the goal:rolleyes:

In fairness a slightly longer than usual blade of grass would manage to block Raya off!

I thought he was lucky not to cost us a goal in the first half, weak shot from outside the box that looked to be going wide and he kept it in and parried to their lad.

19 hours ago, JeffRover said:

The difficulty we’ve got at the minute is that to improve the first 11 than a lot of money needs to be spent. Not only in fees (which Venky’s seem willing to pay lately) but also in wages. That is the big issue. It appears that a very rigid wage structure has been implemented across the playing staff in order to get the wages/turnover ratio to a more sustainable level. This means that a lot of the domestic recruitment tends to be limited to these “project signings” as they will fall in line with the wage structure we have. This means that as a matter of urgency we need to be hammering the European market to try and find those hidden gems. Scouting in the Uk only is no longer good enough if you want to operate on a budget.

Disagree there.

You are not telling me there are no UK players available within our transfer and wages budgets that would not improve our starting eleven.  If that is the case and what Waggot and Mowbray are spinning then, in my opinion, both are falling way short of what is required and they should be booted out of the club forthwith.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not interested in comparing us to other teams which you like to do. 

You benchmark yourself against fellow competitors.  In my opinion, we are coming up way short in many areas.

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Haha why? How does that affect his performance in any way?

F15A9793-FA06-4C13-83D8-0D8EC74F0EF7.jpeg

Not sure any apart from the pissed up Best had a look like this in their pomp. And to compare Dack with Best is just laughable.

He's tubby and slow and to me looks like he needs getting hold of and he needs to grow up.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

In fairness a slightly longer than usual blade of grass would manage to block Raya off!

I thought he was lucky not to cost us a goal in the first half, weak shot from outside the box that looked to be going wide and he kept it in and parried to their lad.

Yes we need a change in goal.  In my experience the goalkeepers influence is key to a calm and assured defence and Raya found himself in the right place at the right time.  Not good enough for a promotion push.

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure any apart from the pissed up Best had a look like this in their pomp. And to compare Dack with Best is just laughable.

Ha as if I’m doing that.

Just asking if you think his hair and beard preference affects his performances in any way?

Because it really doesn’t ?

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Has Dack found himself on easy Street?

He hasn’t scored or assisted for ONE game.

Everyone was crap yesterday, he’s been injured all week and he hasn’t been at his TOP level for a spell but for people to start sniping at the player that consistently delivers more than most absolutely blows my mind.

I’m glad he’s settled and happy, because if he wasn’t a bit of a tearaway or was as fit as CR7 then he certainly wouldn’t be playing for us or even in this league.

And if he and his missus likes his hair and beard then bloody good luck to him - She’s fit as fuck.

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

He hasn’t scored or assisted for ONE game.

Everyone was crap yesterday, he’s been injured all week and he hasn’t been at his TOP level for a spell but for people to start sniping at the player that consistently delivers more than most absolutely blows my mind.

I’m glad he’s settled and happy, because if he wasn’t a bit of a tearaway or was as fit as CR7 then he certainly wouldn’t be playing for us or even in this league.

And if he and his missus likes his hair and beard then bloody good luck to him - She’s fit as fuck.

Hes not exempt from criticism just because hes our best player. He was poor yesterday and his recent form has not been up to his usual standards.

That being said, subbing him off yesterday made absolutely no sense at all. Taking off our top scorer and biggest goal threat who, poor game or not, was still our best chance of a goal, made absolutely no sense. Especially considering the drop off in quality behind our 3 good attackers, indeed Rothwell has yet to score or assist for us.

Im not sure theres ever a good time to take him off, as hes the master at running the clock down when we are winning too.

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I don’t blame Raya for the goal yesterday. The ball is whipped in too low for him to commit early to coming out. It shouldn’t be getting past the near post. Nyambe got himself in a right mess, so worried about not losing his man that he wasn’t paying attention to the ball.

Nyambe was pretty sloppy overall I thought.  I just wonder how much damage Mowbary has done to the lad's progress.  We all know young Nyambe is dependant on confidence, just how much has dropping him AND persevering with Bennet dented that confidence.  At times he looked like Bambi on the ice.  Damn shame.  Don't get me started on bringing Williams back in or the fact we like to make Williams our go to guy for free kicks and corners into the box.  He get's his head on it but bloody hell has he ever got one on target.  Worse than Duffy was.

6 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Typical Rovers fans. Blame our best player for not coming up with their usual moment of brilliance and giving the ones usually below par a free ride.

Nobody's is doing this though.

Edited by Hasta

7 hours ago, frosty said:

Indeed, only had 20 mins yesterday but still produced possibly the pass of the game for Nuttall, who should have done better. 

The stats probably say he loses the ball more than most but that's because he's actually trying to create things, not everything is going to come off but at least he's capable.

Not saying he's a world beater, but 3 league starts by mid February for somebody who clearly has ability - I don't get it either. He'd only get better too with a run of starts.

I'm sure Dack loses the ball fairly often too. You have to allow your more creative players to make mistakes. Very frustrating situation, one of the more exciting players I've seen at Ewood. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Nobody's is doing this though.

One off colour display and Dack is labelled "tubby and slow" and "needs to grow up". If thats not giving a player undue stick I don't know what is.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

One off colour display and Dack is labelled "tubby and slow" and "needs to grow up". If thats not giving a player undue stick I don't know what is.

I agree Dack is getting a bit of stick but you said he was getting blamed whilst the players below him got a free pass. That's not happening at all. The same poster who calls him tubby and slow rips practically all of the team to bits a few pages back.

Edited by Hasta

Raya - Needs replacing too jittery and brings trouble 

Mulgrew- ok

Rodwell - ok but better CH needed

Del- Shit

Bennett- nice guy, Jack of all trades master of none. Ok in L1 now he's not

Arma - ok in patches but once out against da Silva a quick full back he's useless

Travis - looks leggy need a rest

Reed - Tony doesn't know where to play him

Smallwood  - L1

Dack - lazy, disinterested

Graham - predictable and static

No wonder we lost 

Raya - Needs replacing too jittery and brings trouble 

Mulgrew- ok

Rodwell - ok but better CH needed

Del- Shit

Bennett- nice guy, Jack of all trades master of none. Ok in L1 now he's not

Arma - ok in patches but once out against da Silva a quick full back he's useless

Travis - looks leggy need a rest

Reed - Tony doesn't know where to play him

Smallwood  - L1

Dack - lazy, uninterested

Graham - predictable and static

No wonder we lost 

But apart from that...