BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Bristol City

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes not exempt from criticism just because hes our best player. He was poor yesterday and his recent form has not been up to his usual standards.

That being said, subbing him off yesterday made absolutely no sense at all. Taking off our top scorer and biggest goal threat who, poor game or not, was still our best chance of a goal, made absolutely no sense. Especially considering the drop off in quality behind our 3 good attackers, indeed Rothwell has yet to score or assist for us.

Im not sure theres ever a good time to take him off, as hes the master at running the clock down when we are winning too.

You criticise Rothwell and Brereton but how can they prove themselves with that attitude ive highlighted. 

also you have said Brereton should only play up front but how can he do this if you never sub Graham or Dack! 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You criticise Rothwell and Brereton but how can they prove themselves with that attitude ive highlighted. 

also you have said Brereton should only play up front but how can he do this if you never sub Graham or Dack! 

In the game time he has had, Brereton has not done anything to remotely suggest that at any point of any game, assuming Dack and Graham are fit, that Brereton would be more likely to contribute to a goal over them 2.

My comment yesterday about needing a goal and having a 7m striker on the bench was not necessarily suggesting that I would have brought him on if I was Mowbray. It was more highlighting the overall farcical situation regarding his big money signing.

Theres more scope to allow Rothwell into the team in that you could feasibly bring him on easily as well as Dack, Graham and Armstrong (as I felt he should have yesterday) but again whilst to an extent he is unlucky that his opportunities have been limited, for all the energy that hes provided in his cameos, hes never scored or assisted, so I'm not sure how unlucky he can consider himself.

Dacks form has dipped but he still scored last week and he looked our most likely to create something yesterday, even within a poor performance. Its impossible to justify even considering dropping or subbing him or Graham, even if their form momentarily dips, because the quality of the replacements is so far away from their own quality.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In the game time he has had, Brereton has not done anything to remotely suggest that at any point of any game, assuming Dack and Graham are fit, that Brereton would be more likely to contribute to a goal over them 2.

My comment yesterday about needing a goal and having a 7m striker on the bench was not necessarily suggesting that I would have brought him on if I was Mowbray. It was more highlighting the overall farcical situation regarding his big money signing.

Theres more scope to allow Rothwell into the team in that you could feasibly bring him on easily as well as Dack, Graham and Armstrong (as I felt he should have yesterday) but again whilst to an extent he is unlucky that his opportunities have been limited, for all the energy that hes provided in his cameos, hes never scored or assisted, so I'm not sure how unlucky he can consider himself.

Dacks form has dipped but he still scored last week and he looked our most likely to create something yesterday, even within a poor performance. Its impossible to justify even considering dropping or subbing him or Graham, even if their form momentarily dips, because the quality of the replacements is so far away from their own quality.

I would have sub both. Graham was shattered after 70 mins.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would have sub both. Graham was shattered after 70 mins.

You are obsessed about making it seem like Graham is physically incapable and cannot play 90 minutes, or 2 games in a row, despite proving he can numerous times.

If we had subbed both, aside from Armstrong, who is going to score the goals, Brereton, Rothwell or Nuttall? If a chance fell to anyone, youd pick Dack or Graham.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

You are obsessed about making it seem like Graham is physically incapable and cannot play 90 minutes, or 2 games in a row, despite proving he can numerous times.

If we had subbed both, aside from Armstrong, who is going to score the goals, Brereton, Rothwell or Nuttall? If a chance fell to anyone, youd pick Dack or Graham.

You are obsess with keeping players on the pitch who arent performing well enough. Why dont we not bother naming any subs as they will NEVER COME ON. 

Well.unless you give them a chance and proper time on the pitch we never know :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are obsess with keeping players on the pitch who arent performing well enough. Why dont we not bother naming any subs as they will NEVER COME ON. 

Well.unless you give them a chance and proper time on the pitch we never know :rolleyes:

Why are you so desperate to pick fights? This mentality was decidedly absent from the board not that long ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

can you explain why you sick of 4-2-3-1? 

and what would you see Formation wise and starting line up wise? 

Too slow, no championship quality winger in the squad, poor attacking full backs, lack of speed in Dack and Graham, not enough bodies getting into the box. A few of my personal peeves.

He needs to try a 4-4-2. I want to see Armstrong and Brereton up front with Rothwell left mid, Chapman right mid and Reed and Travis in centre midfield.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Too slow, no championship quality winger in the squad, poor attacking full backs, lack of speed in Dack and Graham, not enough bodies getting into the box. A few of my personal peeves.

He needs to try a 4-4-2. I want to see Armstrong and Brereton up front with Rothwell left mid, Chapman right mid and Reed and Travis in centre midfield.

Speed isnt everything. Theres no way we can justify dropping our best 2 players, one with 11 goals and 5 assists, the other with 10 goals and 3 assists. That suggests that them 2 are getting into the box.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem is whenever we make substitutions up front, the players who come on don't show enough to justify doing it again.

If we brought Nuttall or Brereton on and they kept changing the flow of the games, or nicking goals, then you would understand it.

But in most of the games we play, when we remove Graham (and to some extent Dack) we don't get any better.

The other stupid thing yesterday was not putting Rothwell in Dacks position. We took him off and it meant putting 2 more players out of position.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

You'd expect us to be in the bottom three if that was the balance of the squad.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's not hitting the heights of earlier in the season but he's still our most creative outlet. He doesn't look fit to me at the moment. He's a chunky monkey who seems to suffer more than most when he's not in tip-top condition. 

Completely agree.

Even at 75% fitness Dack is still arguably our best player and the one most likely to produce a moment of magic and change the course of a game. For that reason I would generally be loath to bring him off unless he has a limb hanging off.

However whilst he is a thick set lad I've thought he's looked a little bit overweight and a little bit sub par since Preston away. I remember back to the start of last season in League 1 when we were struggling and Dack wasn't playing. Then he came in and even though results didn't pick up immediately he carried the team with his energy and enthusiasm. He was here there and everywhere, rattling into tackles and giving opposition players a dig. A right tenacious little bugger.

He doesn't seem to quite have those levels of fitness and tenacity this season unless he's been told to modify his game for the higher division.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thanks for answering the question.

Chapman isn't fit. 

I think we might 4-4-2 if we lost Dack in summer next season. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

The problem is whenever we make substitutions up front, the players who come on don't show enough to justify doing it again.

If we brought Nuttall or Brereton on and they kept changing the flow of the games, or nicking goals, then you would understand it.

But in most of the games we play, when we remove Graham (and to some extent Dack) we don't get any better.

The other stupid thing yesterday was not putting Rothwell in Dacks position. We took him off and it meant putting 2 more players out of position.

I thought Brereton did fine at Brentford when he came on and more than Nuttall. 

putting 2 more players out of position? moving Armstrong from leff wing to right wing, a position he has played alot here. 

Bennett has played behind the striker a number of times and was excellent there against Brentford at home. or have you forgot that?

Edited by chaddyrovers

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for answering the question.

Chapman isn't fit. 

I think we might 4-4-2 if we lost Dack in summer next season. 

putting 2 more players out of position? moving Armstrong from leff wing to right wing, a position he has played alot here. 

Bennett has played behind the striker a number of times and was excellent there against Brentford at home. or have you forgot that?

If Dack goes I suspect we will miss him and his constant goal threar far more than some appreciate.

Brereton did fine and did one or two nice touches but in doing fine, offered absolutely no goal threat and created no chances for others. Doing fine doesnt get you goals.

Do you genuinely think at a point in a game when we needed a goal, taking off someone with 29 Rovers goals, bringing on a wide man with 0 Rovers goals and 6 career goals and moving into Dacks vacated role someone with 2 goals in the time Dack has been at the club was a move geared to giving us a bigger goal threat?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If Dack goes I suspect we will miss him and his constant goal threar far more than some appreciate.

Brereton did fine and did one or two nice touches but in doing fine, offered absolutely no goal threat and created no chances for others. Doing fine doesnt get you goals.

Do you genuinely think at a point in a game when we needed a goal, taking off someone with 29 Rovers goals, bringing on a wide man with 0 Rovers goals and 6 career goals and moving into Dacks vacated role someone with 2 goals in the time Dack has been at the club was a move geared to giving us a bigger goal threat?

I still dont Dack will go in summer anyway. 

I was there. Thanks. 

Look into Mowbray reasons for doing that change. 

I told you several times what changes Ive would have done. 

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still dont Dack will go in summer anyway. 

I was there. Thanks. 

Look into Mowbray reasons for doing that change. 

I told you several times what changes Ive would have done. 

Hopefully not.

Whatever Mowbrays reasons were for that change, they puzzled me at the time and didnt work. So whatever his reasons were are irrelevant as they were ineffective.

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully not.

Whatever Mowbrays reasons were for that change, they puzzled me at the time and didnt work. So whatever his reasons were are irrelevant as they were ineffective.

So you havent why he did it? Did they score from open play? No they scored from a corner. Cos Raya didnt come for the ball, Nyambe did a poor job of marking him. Thats why. Nothing tactically cost us.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I saw from 80 minutes onwards at Brentford and Brereton did nothing.

Rothwell is not a left winger and Bennett is not a second striker.

We can agree to disagree here, but the fact is that when Dack went off we lost all the momentum we had just been building up to that point. Either the substitutions had a negative effect, or Palmer coming on changed the game. 

• Backroom
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you havent why he did it? Did they score from open play? No they scored from a corner. Cos Raya didnt come for the ball, Nyambe did a poor job of marking him. Thats why. Nothing tactically cost us.

Nothing tactical cost us? I bloody hope they work on defending corners in training.

It was clear the second sub confused matters at weekend, for a good while a few seemed unsure of their role