BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Bristol City

19 hours ago, JeffRover said:

As I said in an earlier thread, Palmer will probably bag an injury time goal. The one thing I don’t want is that arrogant tw@t Lee Johnson celebrating on that touchline. Hate his guts, always blaming the refs instead of his own shortcomings. In our own camp, looks like we are ravaged by injuries with Mulgrew, Lenihan, Evans, Dack and Graham which is a massive blow. Very reminiscent of the Brentford home game back in August when we managed to nick a narrow 1 - 0 win. I’d try to replicate something similar to what we did that day and try Bennett in the number 10 role and shift Nyambe to right back. I’d go with the following:

Raya

Nyambe     Rodwell       Mulgrew (if fit)    Bell

Reed          Travis (if fit)

Armstrong       Bennett            Rothwell

Brereton 

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Magloire, Smallwood, Conway, Nuttall, Butterworth 

That makes us look really thin on the ground. Typical as it’s just after January.....

Let’s hope for a gritty performance and get back to the more stable January performances. Won’t be easy but we’re a decent home side. I’ll go for a 1 - 1 draw. COYB!

p.s   I think I might bring my boots down to Ewood, just in case they don’t have enough subs.

Bennett at 10 is a great shout. Think there might be a case of having Reed in front of Rothwell with Smallwood/Evans if fit coming in CM, but otherwise that's the team which makes the best out of our predicament imo. 

• Like 1

On 05/02/2019 at 16:33, Bigdoggsteel said:

Very similar layout to this forum. Do ye remember Oxfords last year? You needed sunglasses to look at it 

Anyway, do they not just have a regular match thread? Pages of discussion about who is going to the game, but little discussion of the actual game 

OTIB matchday threads generally start ... on the day of the match.

Dack has put a few videos on his Instagram story videoing the lads doing some shooting practice, notably had an ice pack on his foot. If he’s out for Saturday’s game be a massive chance for Palmer, I mean Rothwell in that 10 role... You just know that guy is going too come back and bite us in the arse.

Just now, Butty said:

Dack has put a few videos on his Instagram story videoing the lads doing some shooting practice, notably had an ice pack on his foot. If he’s out for Saturday’s game be a massive chance for Palmer, I mean Rothwell in that 10 role... You just know that guy is going too come back and bite us in the arse.

DG took part it looked like too.

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

I rarely bet but Palmer to score anytime at 4/1 was to good a bet to resist. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would be the bigger loss, Dack or Graham? Tricky one

Currently Graham. Not even about goals but about being able to actually play in the opposition half. Wins throws, free kicks, flick ons, takes the ball down. Our most important player based how we currently play without a doubt.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Currently Graham. Not even about goals but about being able to actually play in the opposition half. Wins throws, free kicks, flick ons, takes the ball down. Our most important player based how we currently play without a doubt.

Agreed. Dack is a very important player for us, but we at least have players who have shown they can come in and do some of what he does, if not at the same level or with the same consistency. 

We literally have nobody who can do what Graham does for us. As soon as he goes off we seem to fall apart. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would be the bigger loss, Dack or Graham? Tricky one

Not tricky for me. Everytime Graham goes off we implode and that’s when Dack is still on the pitch a lot of the time... We are fooked without DG 

• Like 5

Lenihan out for obviously this game, but could be a long one. Report today says he has medial ligament damage in his knee.

Time to find out if his trust in injury prone Rodwell and Mulgrew with a shite left back in Williams as cover is justified.

Edited by Mellor Rover

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Lenihan out for obviously this game, but could be a long one. Report today says he has medial ligament damage in his knee.

Time to find out if his trust in injury prone Rodwell and Mulgrew with a shite left back in Williams as cover is justified.

Medial knee ligaments can be a funny one to predict. Can range between 3 and 10 weeks, it all depends on the player. 

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's very late. We usually go a couple of days before. We have some tropes that need covering weekly :) 

OTIB is very active, but issues are dealt with in other threads before match day. People are currently trying to get used to the notion of not complaining. Much.

?

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

OTIB is very active, but issues are dealt with in other threads before match day. People are currently trying to get used to the notion of not complaining. Much.

?

That scandalous idea will never catch on here. We thrive on a good moan and the day wouldn't be the same without a few :brfcsmilie: COYB

9 hours ago, DE. said:

Agreed. Dack is a very important player for us, but we at least have players who have shown they can come in and do some of what he does, if not at the same level or with the same consistency. 

Do we? In that position? Who the fook are they?