BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Would you ever...

...want Rovers to lose if it meant Burnley not winning the league?

With Everton v Man City as the inspiration, a Sky poll currently says that 59% of fans would want their own team to lose if it meant their greatest rival could potentially miss out on something.

How about here? Any thoughts? Has it ever happened to you already?

It would be a bit weird going to watch a game live and essentially supporting the opposition.

Edited by Husky

• Backroom

What if something was riding on our game though?

Not major, like maybe Europa League.

As much as that comp is derided, our first entry for almost a couple decades, a chance for a trip abroad to watch us play in some new places...........Nah, couldn't do it, let em win the league.

More interested in our club progressing. 

If our game's a dead rubber for us tho,  I'd have the canteen staff and the cleaners out on the field. ?

9 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

As they will never win the PL, it is a none question, as to anything else, well if we are in the mix, we should never throw a game!

I think it’s an exercise in guessing if Everton will let City win tonight.

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Interesting responses. I thought there might be more debate.

I guess it would depend on the consequences of Rovers losing. Would I take relegation to the Championship to stop them? Probably.

Sad! 

Has the time since we went down not made you think that if we did go up, you would never, ever want us to go down again? It has for me 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

That time we gubbed Villa and more or less confirmed manyoo as Champions. Gutted.

I remember that feeling well.

I started off genuinely wanting Rovers to lose to Villa that night, just to spike Man U, but, as soon as the team ran out in those famous blue and white shirts, I reverted to type...

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sad! 

Has the time since we went down not made you think that if we did go up, you would never, ever want us to go down again? It has for me 

I don’t think you get how much I wouldn’t want Bumley to be champions of England.

Maybe you need to be from Blackburn...

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I don’t think you get how much I wouldn’t want Bumley to be champions of England.

Maybe you need to be from Blackburn...

I’d rather tread on a hand grenade than deal with that lot being PL champions!

They were bad enough as winners of the  Championship!!