BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Looking longer term.......

Where do you personally see the club heading over the next 5, 10 or even 15 years? What do you think the aims and objectives of the club should be moving forward over that timescale? How do you see us achieving those aims, or what strategies should the club adopt to achieve them? Maybe this could be a longer term thread and we can look back in a few years.

Discuss............. ???

P.s I understand how hard this can be with the present ownership in charge!

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

More chance of predicting BREXIT while Venkys are in charge. 

I hope slow and steady progress culminating in a serious go at promotion next season or the one after.

I think it was @Stuart who made the point the other day that we could just as easily be involved in a relegation scrap next year. Which is true. A lot depends on recruitment or the highly rated under 23s stepping up. This division is absolutely ruthless. Hopefully we see Tony becoming a bit more ruthless. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

The idea seems to be building a young British team to challenge for promotion in a few seasons time whilst ensuring we always have assets that can be sold for profits if ever needed to balance the books for FFP.

Venky's aren't stupid business people no matter what anyone says. They know the only way to get anything like their owed debt back would be promotion to the Premier League but in the meantime they will continue to lose money every month. Problem is, if we did go up and got the riches that come with it, would they back the manager or run to the hills and leave us out to dry?

This need of Premier League football helps explain TM and Waggott's rhetoric that they're having to calm them down and stopping them throwing the amount of money they originally wanted to at the team. It's hard to envisage where exactly we'll be in regards to ownership in 5/10 years time. But I'm happy with the way it's currently going we seem to have a plan finally.

Venkys want promotion back to the Prem ASAP. How they go about achieving it will be determined by who they listen to. It seems Waggott and Mowbray have their ear at the moment and are recommending a slow build. Venkys seem to want to go quicker. Results will determine what happens next... 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

Carry on like we have been this past 18 months and a normal club could re-emerge.

However, around 2014/15 I thought something similar, we’d put together a good Championship squad, the likes of Myers were saying all the right things. Ewood was spruced up a bit. 

The first game of the season, Friday night against Cardiff there was real optimism...

Fast forward 2 years and they’d pretty much sold the lot and Coil was in charge.

So I try not to think ahead with these owners.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

I see us as being the next Crewe Alexandra (but hopefully without the paedos).

Churning out British players to sell on for small profits whilst forever languishing in the 2nd tier with the fear of relegation being more likely than promotion year after year.

The likes of Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford, Palace, Souhampton etc etc have shown what can be achieved by small to mid-sized clubs with good management and ambition.

There's no reason why we cannot do the same - and soon.

For heaven's sake, if a fourth division club such as Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic can reach the top half of the Premier League, anyone can

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Where do you personally see the club heading over the next 5, 10 or even 15 years? What do you think the aims and objectives of the club should be moving forward over that timescale? How do you see us achieving those aims, or what strategies should the club adopt to achieve them? Maybe this could be a longer term thread and we can look back in a few years.

Discuss............. ???

P.s I understand how hard this can be with the present ownership in charge!

Have you just had a job interview pal?

?

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Carry on like we have been this past 18 months and a normal club could re-emerge.

However, around 2014/15 I thought something similar, we’d put together a good Championship squad, the likes of Myers were saying all the right things. Ewood was spruced up a bit. 

The first game of the season, Friday night against Cardiff there was real optimism...

Fast forward 2 years and they’d pretty much sold the lot and Coil was in charge.

So I try not to think ahead with these owners.

Absolutely correct. They've been what seemed to be the right track before, and then...damn. Sobering post there, Mattyblue.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

The idea seems to be building a young British team to challenge for promotion in a few seasons time whilst ensuring we always have assets that can be sold for profits if ever needed to balance the books for FFP.

Venky's aren't stupid business people no matter what anyone says. They know the only way to get anything like their owed debt back would be promotion to the Premier League but in the meantime they will continue to lose money every month. Problem is, if we did go up and got the riches that come with it, would they back the manager or run to the hills and leave us out to dry?

This need of Premier League football helps explain TM and Waggott's rhetoric that they're having to calm them down and stopping them throwing the amount of money they originally wanted to at the team. It's hard to envisage where exactly we'll be in regards to ownership in 5/10 years time. But I'm happy with the way it's currently going we seem to have a plan finally.

If we got promoted with the big payday that entails I'd be delighted if they took the money, left us with no  debts, and we never heard a word from the Chicken Chokers ever again.

• Like 2