BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Whatever you do Rovers, do not lose this. We may have messageboard meltdown. Think I’m going to this match, and my away record this season isn’t the best. 3 losses out of 3 and 11 goals conceded. Pray for me! ?

Edited by JeffRover

• J*B pinned this topic

Reading have become harder to beat recently under their new manager with a couple of decent draws but they're a poor side and struggle to get wins. I still think they'll crawl out of danger and be replaced by Rotherham before the end of the season. Only won 5 of 31 games this season but they'll be looking at this one as a must win. I'd guess at a 0-0 draw but would never be confident in us keeping a clean sheet no matter how poor the opposition. A win here would more or less secure survival in good time for a newly promoted team.

I was going through my old photos from 2006 and came across the ones I took from 2006 when I went to see the Rovers play at Reading. I remembered that game well as Reading should've knocked the stuffing out of us with the chances they had. Instead David Bentley ran into the area with options left and right... and decided to crack one in himself. Winner!

Ah the good old days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffRover said:

Whatever you do Rovers, do not lose this. We may have messageboard meltdown. Think I’m going to this match, and my record this season isn’t the best. 3 losses out of 3 and 11 goals conceded. Pray for me! ?

Don't think there will be meltdown really as I think most of us have consigned ourselves to finishing midtable this season now. That is still above most peoples expectations at the start, so we have to be happy enough - just a shame that we have been within touching distance a couple of times and not managed to take our chances to force ourselves into contention.

I blame Nixons prediction.

• Like 1

Leutwiler

Nyambe             Rodwell                 Mulgrew     Bell

Reed                      Travis

Armstrong                       Dack                       Rothwell    

Graham

Subs: Raya, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Chapman, Butterworth, Nuttall

• Like 2

Time to drop Raya to focus his mind a bit. He's been responsible for some glaring errors recently which have led to goals. 

We aren't going down or up so it's time our £7m man started a game or two. He's been here 6 months now. 

Chapman, if fit, should be on the bench. As should Butterworth or Buckley if Mowbray really wants to give them game time before next season. At 20 years old Magloire should also be tested at some point if he's seen as one for the future. 

15 games left and we aren't good enough defensively to sustain a play-off push. Time to plan for next season. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Time to drop Raya to focus his mind a bit. He's been responsible for some glaring errors recently which have led to goals. 

We aren't going down or up so it's time our £7m man started a game or two. He's been here 6 months now. 

Chapman, if fit, should be on the bench. As should Butterworth or Buckley if Mowbray really wants to give them game time before next season. At 20 years old Magloire should also be tested at some point if he's seen as one for the future. 

15 games left and we aren't good enough defensively to sustain a play-off push. Time to plan for next season. 

I just don’t see the point in dropping Raya. I don’t think that the goal Saturday was his fault. Leutwiler is not good enough. No point.

i get that some fans don’t rate Raya but only solution is to by a new keeper in he summer.

Don't know why and have no enthusiasm whatsoever after the debacles in the last 2 matches but took the decision to attend some time ago and will make the long journey.  Hope it's better than the last time at Reading 2 years ago in the relegation season when Rovers looked like they couldn't be bothered, particularly Steele in goal. We' re very unlikely to make the playoffs so Mowbray ought to pick his best players in an attacking line-up and tell the them to go out and enjoy themselves. Worked for Matt Busby and would be better than Mowbray's daft formations and tactical mis-steps that confuse players and fans alike. It won't happen though. 

Reading 1 Rovers 0

Edited by jim mk2

30 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I just don’t see the point in dropping Raya. I don’t think that the goal Saturday was his fault. Leutwiler is not good enough. No point.

i get that some fans don’t rate Raya but only solution is to by a new keeper in he summer.

The point is he's costing us goals and games. There has to be a deterrent to playing badly. He can throw them in his own net and he's still guaranteed a place. Yesterday the bloke scored from 2 yards out. Raya never moved. Of course he's at fault. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The point is he's costing us goals and games. There has to be a deterrent to playing badly. He can throw them in his own net and he's still guaranteed a place. Yesterday the bloke scored from 2 yards out. Raya never moved. Of course he's at fault. 

I dont get the feeling that theres a chance of a new goalkeeper coming in to potentially be number 1, indeed I would predict that any new keeper would be purely back up. He has definitely improved but hes still far too error prone.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont get the feeling that theres a chance of a new goalkeeper coming in to potentially be number 1, indeed I would predict that any new keeper would be purely back up. He has definitely improved but hes still far too error prone.

Mowbray was after a keeper last summer to challenge Raya. He still should be. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The word challenge somewhat implies that the new keeper wont necessarily come in as a number 1. We need someone who is better.

In fairness that should apply to any players we bring in. It's pointless signing anybody if they aren't better than what we have.

• Like 3

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Rodwell Bell

Travis Reed

Rothwell Dack Armstrong

Brereton

Time to attack some teams and see what our ‘fringe’ players (£7million) can offer ahead of next season.

An interesting stat for everyone. We have lost all bar 1 midweek league game on the Sky red button. There have been some dismal performances thrown in there too, with special mentions to the Sheff Utd home game and Wigan away. Not hopeful really. I'll post my preferred team after Mowbray gives an injury update.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I thought Nyambe was more at fault, it was a good ball in and he lost his man. You think Raya should’ve come for it fair enough and he gave Brentford a goal last week. Still don’t think that means we should start with a keeper whose nowhere near as good as he is just to punish him, it’s about winning games and we’ll win more games with Raya. 

If Raya keeps making mistakes then we change in the summer not now when we have no replacement.

• Like 1