BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We have to be wary of Readings continental football tonight apparently, is this the stuff that's served them so well so far this season then or are they saving it just for tonight ???

COYB !

For some reason Chrome on my mobile will no longer open any LT links. Started a couple of weeks ago, all other sites I visit are ok.

There is an upside to this :rover:

• Backroom

If we insist on dropping our two best attacking players I wish we would play Rothwell ahead of bloody Conway 

I know defensive discipline yada yada yada but I think it’s a myth that Conway actually possesses that he’s just that slow he’s often still In our half.

Failing that play Nyambe right back and Bennett further forward and clearly the left back spot is just going to be hot potatoed now. 

Also I think for all concerned Nuttall timed his goals at a bad time, now back out of the squad without the chance of a loan and no backup coming in.

Armstrong should cause them problems though and Ben needs to take his chance, hope we get that goal tonight!

Still fancy us to win 

3-1 Arma, Big Ben and Dack with the goals 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Constant tinkering between Williams and Bell at Left Back, yet Bennett (who everyone can see isn't a right back) keeps getting picked ahead of one of our brightest young prospects in Nyambe and seriously Conway over Rothwell, a disgraceful decision. Mowbray talks about building for the future but the likes of Nyambe and Rothwell are the future whereas the likes of Conway and Bennett are past their best. 

• Like 1

TM "Let's go chasing wins if we can."

Conway, Smallwood, Brereton, Bennett, Travis, Bell and Evans.... Chasing wins???? Tony, you're losing the plot mate.

I'd get it if it was youth players getting game time (Brereton too). But why give appearances to the likes of Smallwood and Conway who should be at new clubs come August if we have any ambition.

Finally beginning to feel it's time for a new manager. No ambition, no logic. See an 18th place finish if this is what we can expect week in week out now.

Even a win tonight won't change my opinion now. He messes around with the formation and "tactics" too much and is too loyal to average L1 players.

Wasted with this manager now. Seriously considering not bothering with the ? tonight... and I've missed 3 games all season.

• Like 2

As critical as I've been of Brereton so far, I just have that feeling for tonight. 

9/1 first goal. Either 25 yard screamer or in off his arse.

A lot rests with Travis to get us up the pitch with that line-up.

If we are level with 20 minutes left, that is some cavalry we have on the bench.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

As critical as I've been of Brereton so far, I just have that feeling for tonight. 

9/1 first goal. Either 25 yard screamer or in off his arse.

A lot rests with Travis to get us up the pitch with that line-up.

Yep I fancy him to bag tonight as well

We usually do ok when we have these head scratching type of line ups 

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

TM "Let's go chasing wins if we can."

Conway, Smallwood, Brereton, Bennett, Travis, Bell and Evans.... Chasing wins???? Tony, you're losing the plot mate.

I'd get it if it was youth players getting game time (Brereton too). But why give appearances to the likes of Smallwood and Conway who should be at new clubs come August if we have any ambition.

Finally beginning to feel it's time for a new manager. No ambition, no logic. See an 18th place finish if this is what we can expect week in week out now.

Even a win tonight won't change my opinion now. He messes around with the formation and "tactics" too much and is too loyal to average L1 players.

Wasted with this manager now. Seriously considering not bothering with the ? tonight... and I've missed 3 games all season.

Apt username.

I note your other points but perhaps wait and see what happens in the match?

Dont usually see calls for the managers’ head before kick off.

Careful approach from Tony, hopefully not too careful.

Nevertheless, with the given lineup I truly hope Ben could bag one tonight to get the giant ape from his back. It could be just the thing we need at the moment and bring gains for the club for weeks to come, even for the rest of the season.

COYB!!!

Edited by Lihamylly

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Someone have a go at the formation please!

I think he will play:-

Travis and Conway wide.

Brereton in Dacks role. 

Armstrong through the middle.

Personally I'd keep Armstrong wide, put Brereton up top with Travis in Dack's role.

Edited by Hasta