BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

It’s hard not to think that nobody cares about Rovers 2018/19 season at this point. Not even those people getting paid for it still.

Is 43 points enough? Because that looks like the point that we’ve taken our foot off the gas.

That starting line up though... ?

I think we have enough points in the bag to stay up this season, probably fairly comfortably, but we are a bottom three team without Dack and Graham in the side. There's just nothing there in terms of quality.

• Like 2

Just now, Miker said:

Ffs typical Rovers performance. Huffing and puffing but with no real end product... then the other side has 1 attack and they score.

Left back is a real problem area for us... and we have to get someone new in next season.

Three clear-cut chances, plus two other excellent opportunities. Let down by poor finishing.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

He said before the game that this season was all about consolidating our place in the Championship. Shocking lack of ambition.If your team has a chance of promotion surely you go for it?

I keep reading this from people that after two losses say the season is over.

So if we’d spunked a load on Assombalonga or something, upset the wage structure, but happened to lose two games...

...what an amazing business decision that would have been.

We’ve played decently this half.

STILL CANNOT BELIEVE the amount of “Mowbray out” on here.

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

Sounds like the players/defenders do. If the team selected are creating chances, then surely the manager had done well hasn't he? He can't put the ball in the net or stop it. 

If you he selected his top two goal scorers or even just one of them then maybe we would have scored one of them.

Just now, Pedro said:

Sounds like the players/defenders do. If the team selected are creating chances, then surely the manager had done well hasn't he? He can't put the ball in the net or stop it. 

You can blame Mowbray for buying Bell, but that’s about it. 

We’ve created numerous chances but the players are making individual mistakes. You can’t blame the tactical setup for us conceding from the 1 chance Reading have had all day.

• Like 2

Any other championship side would be 2 or 3 up by now. Reading are horrendous.

Have you seen a Rovers team shit their pants in the final third like this team? Pathetic

Actually thought Bell got fouled before the goal. Suicidal marking in the box considering the defensive players we have on the pitch. 

We should be thanking our lucky stars we have 43 points, as opposed to being proud of it. 

Edited by Fraserkirky

• Backroom

Have to say, I’ve enjoyed BB’s performance up front. Not a chaser like Graham, but happy to dribble forward and just push it out into the channels. Needs to make sure he’s ready for the ball coming into the box though, instead of hanging round the D.

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

I think we have enough points in the bag to stay up this season, probably fairly comfortably, but we are a bottom three team without Dack and Graham in the side. There's just nothing there in terms of quality.

Well there’s nothing we can do about that. The only transfer window Rovers can do any real business in is the Summer one. Apparently.

• Like 1

Problem is they will all be sat there in the dressing room, deflated, pathetic and despondent. Mowbray included.

I’d love to be proven wrong and see a reaction, but we lack character. When the going is good and we are winning, they are all happy pissing about and having a laugh together. Need someone in there to crack a few heads and fire them up.

• Like 1

Well that was totally uninspiring.

Little intensity or passion.

Reading are cr@p.  Sat there thinking this lot wont score against us even if they played until midnight and then we give the lad the freedom of the penalty box.

To be one down against a shower like Reading says it all.

Our full backs are awful.  Our midfield has no creativity.  Armstrong has no football brain and is playing at least one league too high.  Brereton remains the mystery man - a couple of neat touches early on, what you'd expect from any pro, but very little since.

Do I go to the local or endure the second half? 

Edited by Mercer

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Really?   A good half form Rovers with three excellent chances and a bit of sloppy defending.  You are a troll.

Well he has a slight point, I really struggle to accept a manager that thinks it's acceptable playing Richie Smallwood in any team, and a manager that thinks the back four that was abysmal at times in league one didn't need strengthening for two Windows on the trot. Just like players managers have their levels and because of our past miss demeanours we seem to have to be happy with where we are and not strive to change and improve. If that's the best It's guna be under this lot then I suppose it's better than the alternative, but I'd like to see some progress considering over £10mil was spent and the offerings of more was there.

Edited by AAK

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I keep reading this from people that after two losses say the season is over.

So if we’d spunked a load on Assombalonga or something, upset the wage structure, but happened to lose two games...

...what an amazing business decision that would have been.

We’ve played decently this half.

STILL CANNOT BELIEVE the amount of “Mowbray out” on here.

Played averagely against an appalling side, who've handed us chances on a plate...and we're losing.  The constant behind our crap defensive performances over last couple of years is Mulgrew.   Although I think someone like Allardyce would bin the whole back line and keeper.  If we have any aspirations of promotion in the next year or 2, we need to sort the defence ..yet it's not an issue for TM.

A solid enough first half ruined by that useless twat Bell. This game is far from over... Don’t understand the grief TM is getting as we controlled the majority of that first half. Still fancy us too get something from this as reading have looked like a diabolical side, can’t believe we (Bell) let them have that goal. 

• Like 1