BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Got the lineup all wrong today, but guessing Dack, Graham, Reed and Nyambe all aren't fully fit. Lacked Reed's engine in the midfield and so many sloppy mistakes in the first half when we really could have been all over them. Then 1-0 Reading against the run of play and it was all downhill from there. Can't defend a lead and can't chase one.

Season over. I hope Brereton and other youngsters are given some time on the pitch now at the expense of Conway and Smallwood especially.

Another yes another late goal conceded, leaving our best players to play boro which we probably won’t win, why not get the three tonight against a poorer team. There for the taking. 

Bye tony, tactically naive, poor signings, not sorted late goals conceded, seemingly a fitness issue. Trying to play players out of position. Defence has needed rectified since we sold hanley and hasn’t been. All in all. Iv has enough. Been building for a while but last straw now, I want him to go at the end of the season 

I think I must be the only one that's not too pissed about this.

However pathetic our performance was tonight, our season ended at the weekend.

Time to give the kids a go! Unleash Rothwell and wot not!

Surely there should be an immediate 50% off sale on the £99 ticket offer.

Resting Graham, Dack and Reed in a game where we'll see plenty of possession and space is very bizarre.

Only 4min30 of added time played also bizarre.

Pretty much ends the excitement for the season now.

Lots of work neeeed in the summer if we want to continue moving forwards. 

I'm signing off for the season. As I said after Brentford, they've exceeded my expectations but I can't carry on rest of this season watching this dross and poor decision making from the manager. When the summer comes, he needs to stop being soft, be ruthless and get rid of the deadwood. He's given the league 1 players their chance as promised, they've done a job for us but if he actually wants to move forward as he says in the media, he isn't going to do it with many of these players. Conway out, Smallwood out, Raya bench, Bell out, Williams bench. Build a midfield around Joe Rothwell, he is that good, I hope he see's this. 

Stick with this lot and we'll really struggle next season. We've riden a wave earlier on in the season, if we don't try to improve in these key positions then we'll struggle just like we have done tonight. This should be a clear warning sign to Mowbray at whats to come, I hope he see's it else we're going to end up in big trouble. 

Edited by Neal

Just now, LDRover said:

I like Mowbray, I really do but he has to be under pressure now due to his inability to rectify our obvious defensive frailties and soft underbelly.

January was the time to deal with this.

But no, we are pretty much safe, may as well draw stumps.

Can I have a refund on 30% of my season ticket, please? Preston, Wigan and Bolton to come - lose those without a fight, I dare you...

• Like 1

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Yet another Championship manager outclasses Tony Mowbray on matchday.

Send him upstairs, Director of something or other.

I think he outclassed himself to be honest. Reading offered little to nothing before their goal. It was in our own hands and we blew it.

Just now, AAK said:

Rothwell came on, played with intent, made things happen, that's him done for another 10 games then.

Yes, but too much ball carrying for me, same as Brereton. Needs to learn when to give and go and when to run at people. Thought he looked better in the early parts of the season, but has warranted a run of games by now to be honest.

They were, honestly, the worst team we've played this season. They attacked 4 times and should've scored 4 goals.

For a team that sets up almost deliberately NOT to create chances, we're pathetic at defending.

24 minutes ago, Husky said:

I think I must be the only one that's not too pissed about this.

Nope same here, people just can not see the positives , Last weekend* we conceded five, tonight only two, That's over a 50% improvement

Edit forgot about the Bristol game , change to last away game :)

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, Torgeir said:

Yes, but too much ball carrying for me, same as Brereton. Needs to learn when to give and go and when to run at people. Thought he looked better in the early parts of the season, but has warranted a run of games by now to be honest.

Have to disagree with this. This is who he is as a player, take it away from him and he becomes like any other player on the pitch. Yes he can improve and get better but his ability and willingness to try things in possession is what makes him a good player.