BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

With the shambolic stuff from both players and manger since the window slammed i'm just wondering if Mowbray is a bit miffed at something and trying to prove a point.

Have they pulled a Lambert on him and finally shown their true colours last window ?  I'm beginning to wonder....

• Like 2

• Backroom

Shocking result and it’s on the manager.

The season is pretty much done for us now so let’s find out what works for us and what doesn’t. At the minute we are working out what doesn’t for sure!

Theres no reason why Conway should ever start a game for us again and surely Rothwell needs a go now 

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Nope same here, people just can not see the positives , Last weekend we conceded five, tonight only two, That's over a 50% improvement

Don't forget to add that a 'draw wasn't good for anyone' and that we are pulling clear of the goals conceeded in the last 15mins league. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

On a side note I preached for us to make a move for Nelson Olivera back in June/July. What a good player he was in a garbage team.

He obviously hasn't ever played against Coventry, and Norwich is too far away from Middlesbrough.

Genuine "Angry" Pirate tonight. 

To be fair he done nothing until he scored which should’ve been blocked 

I can’t actually believe people are slating Mowbray and saying he should go... Bell gave them their first goal and we committed ourselves looking for a winner and they hit us on the break. Overall we were the better side tonight, created more chances and had way more of the ball. This wasn’t an away performance like Wigan or Preston.. Our season is over anyway, this squad was never going too get into the playoffs and I think deep down we all knew that. I’d have taken a mid table finish before the season started and it’s looking that way now... Rothwell impressive when he came on, May as well give him and Brereton a run in the side now. BB was by no means spectacular tonight, but I think tonight was probably his best performance in a rovers shirt, he actually played okay. Just calm down and enjoy the rest of the season, we aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Don’t torture yourself too much lads. I just pray we get our recruitment right in the summer, we should be planning that now knowing we’ll definitely be in this league next season. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

Even though Rodwell backed off, Oliveira's goal was superb.

It's what you expect your 'big' players to do.

For £7million+, Brereton should be a 'big' player for us and produce moments of magic like Oliveira.  Brereton produced one or two neat touches in the first half but feckin hell, he's a professional footballer!!!

The sheer folly of his expensive signing is now plain for all to see - we have so many areas of the team that need improving (which we knew in the summer!).

As I've said previously, if Mowbray couldn't improve our starting eleven in the Jan. window from the budgets available then it's time he was gone.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

Just now, Butty said:

I can’t actually believe people are slating Mowbray and saying he should go... Bell gave them their first goal and we committed ourselves looking for a winner and they hit us on the break. Overall we were the better side tonight, created more chances and had way more of the ball. This wasn’t an away performance like Wigan or Preston.. Our season is over anyway, this squad was never going too get into the playoffs and I think deep down we all knew that. I’d have taken a mid table finish before the season started and it’s looking that way now... Rothwell impressive when he came on, May as well give him and Brereton a run in the side now. BB was by no means spectacular tonight, but I think tonight was probably his best performance in a rovers shirt, he actually played okay. Just calm down and enjoy the rest of the season, we aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Don’t torture yourself too much lads. I just pray we get our recruitment right in the summer, we should be planning that now knowing we’ll definitely be in this league next season. 

Mowbray's still a bit shit though. 

Edited by blueboy3333

I'm sat here stunned after that. Reading are the worst side I've seen in a long time...as bad as some of the dross in L1 last season yet we go home with nothing. 2 defeats on the spin yet no reaction, no passion on or off the pitch and a general acceptance of season over all round. Amazing to think that at 2-0 against Brentford 2 games ago we were a point off the playoffs. TM needs to feel the pressure because this blasé approach has to be snapped out of. We need to be nasty, quick out  of the blocks. Ruthless in the last third, decisive with the ball and tenacious without it and this needs pushing from the man in charge. Unfortunately his words and actions reflect someone in the comfort zone and that is no good. As has been said earlier in the thread, next season could be spent fighting relegation if there is no improvement in the fundamentals of the game. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Have to disagree with this. This is who he is as a player, take it away from him and he becomes like any other player on the pitch. Yes he can improve and get better but his ability and willingness to try things in possession is what makes him a good player. 

And also why he loses possession in dangerous positions and gives the ball away needlessly. I like his style of play, but sometimes seems too eager and forces things instead of varying what he does and thus becoming more unpredictable. Difficult game for him to make an impact with Reading sitting back, he did indeed do a lot more than Conway managed for an hour, and I cannot fathom why Conway is such a trusted player by the manager. He's had one good game for the past three our four seasons.

• Like 1

One question to everybody. Why is Bennet starting as an out of position right back over our young but promising actual right back who is fully fit?

Though Brereton had a good game. Only thing he messed up was the chance in the second half. Big improvement compared to recently.

Dack looks 100% unfit and why not bring Travis off as he was absolutely knackered by 70 minutes.

Don't think Mowbray a good manager I just think a lot of Rovers fans are that terrified of who Venkys could appointment instead that he's put up with. Bottom 6 manager for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Can't believe you can't see the poor defending week to week. Apparently the manager can't either and doesn't think it's an issue.

• Like 2

We won’t get better than midtable with a defence that can’t defend, Reading really should have had four. I can’t see any of the back five featuring in a promotion team.

As to the calls to bin Mowbray, I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict a midtable team losing an away game in February won’t precipitate a crisis meeting and firing.

But at least two questions were answered tonight:

- Why wasn’t he picking Travis earlier? Because he gives the ball away loads.

- Why won’t he play Armstrong in his natural position? Because he’s hopeless at being the focal point of the attack.

Other questions still remain, especially about Conway/Rothwell.

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

I can’t actually believe people are slating Mowbray and saying he should go... Bell gave them their first goal and we committed ourselves looking for a winner and they hit us on the break. Overall we were the better side tonight, created more chance a and had way more of the ball. This wasn’t an away performance like Wigan or Preston.. Our season is over anyway, this squad was never going too get into the playoffs and I think deep down we all knew that. I’d have taken a mid table finish before the season started and it’s looking that way now... Rothwell impressive when he came on, May as well give him and Brereton a run in the side now. BB was by no means spectacular tonight, but I think tonight was probably his best performance in a rovers shirt, he actually played okay. Just calm down and enjoy the rest of the season, we aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Don’t torture yourself too much lads. I just pray we get our recruitment right in the summer, we should be planning that now knowing we’ll definitely be in this league next season. 

And the only reason Bell was on the pitch is because TM chose not to sign a replacement, even though everybody knew both our left back options are awful. As a result we have paid the price and most deffinatly will continue to.

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

I can’t actually believe people are slating Mowbray and saying he should go... Bell gave them their first goal and we committed ourselves looking for a winner and they hit us on the break. Overall we were the better side tonight, created more chance a and had way more of the ball. This wasn’t an away performance like Wigan or Preston.. Our season is over anyway, this squad was never going too get into the playoffs and I think deep down we all knew that. I’d have taken a mid table finish before the season started and it’s looking that way now... Rothwell impressive when he came on, May as well give him and Brereton a run in the side now. BB was by no means spectacular tonight, but I think tonight was probably his best performance in a rovers shirt, he actually played okay. Just calm down and enjoy the rest of the season, we aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Don’t torture yourself too much lads. I just pray we get our recruitment right in the summer, we should be planning that now knowing we’ll definitely be in this league next season. 

Mowbray had the chance in the window to strengthen in defence, we can all see that our 2 left full backs are not good enough at this level,

he has to take some flack for that, plus playing too many players out of position on far too many occasions.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

One question to everybody. Why is Bennet starting as an out of position right back over our young but promising actual right back who is fully fit?

Though Brereton had a good game. Only thing he messed up was the chance in the second half. Big improvement compared to recently.

Dack looks 100% unfit and why not bring Travis off as he was absolutely knackered by 70 minutes.

Don't think Mowbray a good manager I just think a lot of Rovers fans are that terrified of who Venkys could appointment instead that he's put up with. Bottom 6 manager for me.

Think the last paragraph sums it up.  Done with Mowbray now.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Can't believe you can't see the poor defending week to week. Apparently the manager can't either and doesn't think it's an issue.

With Bell/Williams at left back we are basically playing with 3 at the back. No wonder we concede a shit tonne of goals..