BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Just now, BennyBennyson said:

And the only reason Bell was on the pitch is because TM chose not to sign a replacement, even though everybody knew both our left back options are awful. As a result we have paid the price and most deffinatly will continue to.

Thing is he comes out with ah!te like ‘we didn’t sign anyone because they need to be bloody good players to dislodge our current bunch.’ No they don’t, Tony. A cone could do just as much as Bell/Williams. Stop standing still and look to progress FFS.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

Just now, Butty said:

With Bell/Williams at left back we are basically playing with 3 at the back. No wonder we concede a shit tonne of goals..

The whole back 4 is shit, there is not one good defender at the club.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's not awful, he's just not great. I have absolutely no confidence he would ever get us anywhere near the play-offs. His recruitment is shit for a start. 

This is why I have no confidence with the 'stay safe and build from there' mentality. We will loose the likes of Dack and Reed in the summer and TM dosnt have the talent to bring in replacements. We will not build, only continue to drop if the past is anything to go by 

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Mulgrew and Lenihan are good defenders and make a good partnership at this level. Nyambe is good both ways and has big potential. Left side is our weakness, and Raya is horrible at set pieces but a decent shot stopper. A little prone to making mistakes, but still young. Rodwell I feel has good pace running in a direct line, and okay aerial ability, but when left one on one with the attacker there's trouble ahead. 

Why is Bennett playing at right back when nyambe is fit?

why is richie Smallwood considered anywhere near good enough to play?

why did have we spent £7million on brereton?

why do we refuse to sign any defenders?

why do we refuse to play rothwell?

why hasn't rayas distribution or set pieces positions improved in 2 years?

why do we never play any wingers?

why are we playing like schoolboys against bottom 3 opposition?

• Like 8

Just now, Torgeir said:

Mulgrew and Lenihan are good defenders and make a good partnership at this level. Nyambe is good both ways and has big potential. Left side is our weakness, and Raya is horrible at set pieces but a decent shot stopper. A little prone to making mistakes, but still young. Rodwell I feel has good pace running in a direct line, and okay aerial ability, but when left one on one with the attacker there's trouble ahead. 

I'd have to disagree I think Mulgrew isn't good enough and gets away with a lot because of his set pieces, lenihan there's potential there but right now wouldn't be confident in him shoring the defence, mate.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

As mentioned a lot before they aren't really a 'back' four they look more like just 4 players playing at the back. Horses for courses comes to mind again.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

As mentioned a lot before they aren't really a 'back' four they look more like just 4 players playing at the back. Horses for courses comes to mind again.

Yeh fair comment mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

With Bell/Williams at left back we are basically playing with 3 at the back. No wonder we concede a shit tonne of goals..

He's had the funds and time to fix that though. He obviously cannot though. Either that or he's neglecting that part of the pitch which is just as bad. It's one or the other.

Thought taking Brereton off as soon as any creativity came on after running himself into the ground for 70 mins chasing Smallwood and Bennett's 70 yard Hail Mary's summed Mowbray up perfectly tonight.

Rovers didn't take their 1st half chances and it was very costly. Armstrong twice, Bell and Conway should all have scored. But all didn't and it proved costly. 

Second half we created more chances Brereton, Dack and Bell. Bell scored and good on him keep getting in there. Brereton should scored. 

Brereton was alot better today and he can build on this. His touch and movement was good. if Armstrong plays a better ball to him 1st half he 1 and 1 with Keeper instead it was poor ball but he still manage to pull it back to Armstrong who should scored. 

Defence not good enough for goals but why do you show Oliveria inside when he is all right footed. Clueless. 

Thought Dack was far too deep when he came on. 

Today's defeat wasn't down to poor team selection(as some/most people will say) but failure to take your chances. The game should have been dead and buried by the time they scored 1st goal. after that we still created chances. Yes our defending was poor for the goals. no question of that

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers didn't take their 1st half chances and it was very costly. Armstrong twice, Bell and Conway should all have scored. But all didn't and it proved costly. 

Second half we created more chances Brereton, Dack and Bell. Bell scored and good on him keep getting in there. Brereton should scored. 

Brereton was alot better today and he can build on this. His touch and movement was good. if Armstrong plays a better ball to him 1st half he 1 and 1 with Keeper instead it was poor ball but he still manage to pull it back to Armstrong who should scored. 

Defence not good enough for goals but why do you show Oliveria inside when he is all right footed. Clueless. 

Thought Dack was far too deep when he came on. 

Today's defeat wasn't down to poor team selection(as some/most people will say) but failure to take your chances. The game should have been dead and buried by the time they scored 1st goal. after that we still created chances. Yes our defending was poor for the goals. no question of that

Who picked the players that missed the chances whilst our 2 best finishers (not in training) sat on the bench?

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Raya is horrible at set pieces but a decent shot stopper. A little prone to making mistakes, but still young. 

So, if he was 30 you would be all for him being replaced? But as hes young that's ok.....stupid logic. He is just not improving his weaknesses.  New goalie imminently 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

So, if he was 30 you would be all for him being replaced? But as hes young that's ok.....stupid logic. He is just not improving his weaknesses.  New goalie imminently 

De Gea hasn't really improved his weaknesses either. Was caught out by a high corner, almost identical to the Bristol City goal, last night.

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Lennihan may become one.  Mulgrew isn't.  Rodwell needs to be besides a dominant cb.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

It's his first full season in the Championship. I would give him a little more time to develop, yes.

Just as it in the Brentford game, best bit for me was the commentary, against brentford commentator said "I wish the guy on the tannoy would shut his mouth he's doing my head in" and then tonight "David raya with another woeful kick, I think he wasn't trying to pass the ball out of play to Mowbray there" ?

Edited by AAK

4 minutes ago, AAK said:

Why is Bennett playing at right back when nyambe is fit?

why is richie Smallwood considered anywhere near good enough to play?

why did have we spent £7million on brereton?

why do we refuse to sign any defenders?

why do we refuse to play rothwell?

why hasn't rayas distribution or set pieces positions improved in 2 years?

why do we never play any wingers?

why are we playing like schoolboys against bottom 3 opposition?

Beats me. That is only not the manager's fault if someone in the shadows is in charge of team selection, tactics, coaching and transfer policy.

I'd like to know who this shadowy figure is. As s/he should be held accountable.

Just now, Songman said:

The most bewildering thing is the 4 year contract we have given Mowbray.

We're safe and sitting comfortably in mid-table with pretty much the same team that got us up last season. Horrible showing tonight, but Mowbray has improved the team and club substantially since signing.

• Like 5

Reading didn't  have too work hard for there goals tonight  and we've  too many square pegs in round holes players needed  left back , right back with paces and proper winger with paces a big strong center half and a Stricker over too you Tony