BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Rovers put the 1st half chances its a different game but you would still try and insist on finding a negative thing to moan again. 

Of course I dont want Mowbray sack. I would have given him a longer contract and IMO best manager since Mark Hughes time at the club. 

And if my aunt had b@lls she'd be my uncle!!!

Strange you don't mention the two great chances Reading missed - it could have been 4-1!!!

Are you honestly saying that Mowbray is a better manager than Big Sam!?!?

Mowbray is not even as good as Bowyer who unearthed some real talent for Rovers.

I think giving Mowbray a contract for another 3 or 4 years will prove a huge mistake.  I think he is a manager rapidly approaching the end of his shelf life.  In my opinion, he is overly cautious, tactically naive and poor and very indifferent where player trading is concerned.  In my view, we have gone as far as we can with him and we will now regress pretty quickly.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah but leaving the full back exposed. Offered nothing to cover the full back bar a clumsy foul. He wont though, hes a striker.

If thats your argument then that could go for anything. Nyambe and Reed were also in your team.

They didnt put the chance away, one good chance for Armstrong and a couple of half chances. No firepower on the pitch. I am negative because a bizarre team selection and continious defensive and organisational woes led to a third straight loss, an 8th loss in 15 and v a shit team at that.

Best manager since Allardyce. Albeit the alternatives are all shit. Im not saying hes not done a good job but theres a massive red flag surrounding his defensive negligence and you seem as relaxed about it as him despite it costing us game in game out.

4 good chances. 2 for Armstrong, 1 for Bell and 1 for Conway. 

Bizarre team selection? Why cos Graham and Dack wasnt fit to start. Graham struggling to play 3 games a week and Dack hasnt trained for a few days before game. Do you have no info to say otherwise? 

Ive already discuss the defensive problem. Didnt I say Oliveria should have been show down the line by Rodwell not inside? Or did you miss it again? :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bizarre team selection? Why cos Graham and Dack wasnt fit to start. Graham struggling to play 3 games a week and Dack hasnt trained for a few days before game. Do you have no info to say otherwise? 

Ive already discuss the defensive problem. Didnt I say Oliveria should have been show down the line by Rodwell not inside? Or did you miss it again? :rolleyes:

I said in a previous tweet that even with them 2 presumed injured there was plenty he could have done that would have been more logical. Brereton central, Armstrong wide, Rothwell, Reed, Williams and Nyambe in.

You blame individuals and dont appreciate that Mowbray has neglected our defensive areas in the transfer market and thus the individuals left are more prone to mistakes, and also everyone seems to be making mistakes which suggests organisational issues. Mowbray cannot be absolved of blame.

@Ewood Ace has given you a perfect example of how you just simply modify your opinion to suit Mowbray having picked a totally different team prior.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I think before the season began we all sort of said it would be, we'd all be happy to consolidate.

I think I said 14th based on early season performances I would have revised that to top 8, current form and a bit of hindsight I'll say 16th now. Poor.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

I think before the season began we all sort of said it would be, we'd all be happy to consolidate.

Well, I would certainly have chosen consolidation before relegation, but I do feel some fans' expectations have been merely dumbed down.

With the momentum and the nucleus of good players, I am very frustrated that we have chosen not to build on that.

I also sense Tony is covering for the owners, saying the money was there, but that is only an educated guess.

I just hope that we don't see a slump like the second half of 69-70 or 97-98 seasons because that would set a negative downward momentum.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, I would certainly have chosen consolidation before relegation, but I do feel some fans' expectations have been merely dumbed down.

With the momentum and the nucleus of good players, I am very frustrated that we have chosen not to build on that.

I also sense Tony is covering for the owners, saying the money was there, but that is only an educated guess.

I just hope that we don't see a slump like the second half of 69-70 or 97-98 seasons because that would set a negative downward momentum.

True, an absolute collapse from here to the end of the season would set a very bad tone for next season. It would probably even impact on the quality of player we could attract. We need to be aiming for the top 10. Some quality signings during the summer and have a right go next season. It will be a big one for Mowbray. Consolidating this year was acceptable. More ambition required and expected next year. 

Mowbray himself has said many times that the aim is premier league football. So any talk of him wanting to plod along in mid table or a lack of ambition on his behalf is unfounded nonsense really. Now we just need to see if he can back his words up. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

True, an absolute collapse from here to the end of the season would set a very bad tone for next season. It would probably even impact on the quality of player we could attract. We need to be aiming for the top 10. Some quality signings during the summer and have a right go next season. It will be a big one for Mowbray. Consolidating this year was acceptable. More ambition required and expected next year. 

Mowbray himself has said many times that the aim is premier league football. So any talk of him wanting to plod along in mid table or a lack of ambition on his behalf is unfounded nonsense really. Now we just need to see if he can back his words up. 

Was that deliberate irony? If so, I take my hat off to you.

Seriously, though, I hope you are right about the summer recruitment, but we are almost certainly going to need to manage key departures, as well, so we will probably be starting from further back.

I do wonder how a manager, who was a good defender can preside over such a shambles at the back

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Are you honestly saying that Mowbray is a better manager than Big Sam!?!?

I think giving Mowbray a contract for another 3 or 4 years will prove a huge mistake.  I think he is a manager rapidly approaching the end of his shelf life.  In my opinion, he is overly cautious, tactically naive and poor and very indifferent where player trading is concerned.  In my view, we have gone as far as we can with him and we will now regress pretty quickly.

Down to opinion Mercer. 

I would have given Mowbray a 5 years contract after we got promotion. I'm happy to back his plans for the club short and long term

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I said in a previous tweet that even with them 2 presumed injured there was plenty he could have done that would have been more logical. Brereton central, Armstrong wide, Rothwell, Reed, Williams and Nyambe in.

You blame individuals and dont appreciate that Mowbray has neglected our defensive areas in the transfer market and thus the individuals left are more prone to mistakes, and also everyone seems to be making mistakes which suggests organisational issues. Mowbray cannot be absolved of blame.

@Ewood Ace has given you a perfect example of how you just simply modify your opinion to suit Mowbray having picked a totally different team prior.

Williams is awful. Hopefully he will be gone in the summer. 

Players had the chances to win the game in the 1st 40 mins of the game. take your chances you win the game. 

I picked my team before the game but I don't have a clue about the fitness of the squad.  But I based my opinion the team picked and how we played. 

Ive posted about the defensive problem with the second goal. 

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Was that deliberate irony? If so, I take my hat off to you.

Seriously, though, I hope you are right about the summer recruitment, but we are almost certainly going to need to manage key departures, as well, so we will probably be starting from further back.

I do wonder how a manager, who was a good defender can preside over such a shambles at the back

Why irony? Sorry, I don't get ya. 

We will see re departures. I personally don't think Dack has done enough this season to get a move to the premier league. Maybe one of the relegated sides or a West Brom or Stoke might move if they don't go up. I'm probably 70 that he will be here next season,30 that he won't be. 

Ya, well he is loyal to a fault with players. Undoubtedly he needs to be ruthless during the summer. Particularly with defenders. At least one of Mulgrew and Lenihan needs to be dropped. Which one though and how will that go down? Mulgrew is club captain. Should it be him or Lenihan? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What about those who could have started and didn't? Like Reed and Rothwell? 

Mowbray earner the right to this season and money to build his team, done what was needed last season, not brilliant but pass marks. 

Imo he hasn’t influenced this team this season anywhere near enough as he should’ve. I laugh every time I hear a commentator say he is known for attractive football, utter cosh. 

Eyebrows were raised with handing out contacts like sweets and I think it’s been justified with a number of them undeserving. 

Transfer markets have been nothing short of a shambles. 

Team selection and tactics highly questionable. 

His history cannot be ignored either, more blots than successes. 

I don’t for one minute think he will go anytime soon, he seems to have won the venkys over. I think he should be and get a Hughes or a Wagner in. I understand people are worried if we got rid who venkys would bring in after recent appointments but I don’t see a promotion push next year, I see more of the same and I’d rather gamble than stagnate 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why irony? Sorry, I don't get ya. 

We will see re departures. I personally don't think Dack has done enough this season to get a move to the premier league. Maybe one of the relegated sides or a West Brom or Stoke might move if they don't go up. I'm probably 70 that he will be here next season,30 that he won't be. 

Ya, well he is loyal to a fault with players. Undoubtedly he needs to be ruthless during the summer. Particularly with defenders. At least one of Mulgrew and Lenihan needs to be dropped. Which one though and how will that go down? Mulgrew is club captain. Should it be him or Lenihan? 

I thought it was a nod to the Bowyer parallel...( as opposed to the Rodwell incident)

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham says he can play three times a week. He did it last year. He wasnt injured. He could have started yesterday if required.

The fact is Mowbray was never going to say Graham and Dack could have played but he thought the team he put out was tactically better suited to getting a result.

We didn't start with our goalscorers and didn't score goals.  You keep mentioning the chances we created but all this does is re-inforce the folly of leaving DG on the bench.

You can spout all the superfan rose-tinted shite you want but, for the posession and positions we created, the result itself speaks volumes.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 9

Just now, Hasta said:

Graham says he can play three times a week. He did it last year. He wasnt injured. He could have started yesterday if required.

The fact is Mowbray was never going to say Graham and Dack could have played but he thought the team he put out was tactically better suited to getting a result.

We didn't start with our goalscorers and didn't score goals.  You keep mentioning the chances we created but all this does is re-inforce the folly of leaving DG on the bench.

You can spout all the superfan rose-tinted shite you want but, for the posession and positions we created, the result itself speaks volumes.

He has this season too. He played the full game v Villa, an hour v Derby and then all but the last 5 at Stoke in which he was incredible. He then played an hour v Sheff United in between 90 minutes v Forest and Bolton. In 11 days over christmas he played 90 minutes v Norwich, Leeds and West Brom.

Even if both him and Dack are deemed unfit to start he got his team wrong regardless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Strange you say that you pick players on form and that Smallwood was better than Reed on Saturday and that Reed has been poor recently. Yet in your team you had Reed starting and Smallwood on the bench. Funny that pre game you thought Reed should start yet because Mowbray picks Smallwood instead, Reed has suddenly become poor and Smallwood a better option. Talk about contradicting yourself.

He's not a troll though. No sirree. 

21 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

If we didn't concede late goals every week we'd be Barcelona?????? I thought that if you started your post by calling someone mental you'd go on to make a good point and talk some sense. I was wrong?

What was wrong about it? If we were a good all round footballing team and were not conceding late goals and have very little weaknesses in our team we would be playing at the highest level? 

21 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If your happy to continue as we are your the mental one I’m afraid. Lessons not learned will continue to hurt us. Your like a domestic abuse partner, scared to give up what we have in case it’s not better. Dream a little. Mowbray has made more blemishes than good imo

How and where? 

Yes we need need to learn from our mistakes but by getting rid of him in his first full season as our manager in the Championship after getting us promoted is a little bit far.

1 hour ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

How and where? 

Yes we need need to learn from our mistakes but by getting rid of him in his first full season as our manager in the Championship after getting us promoted is a little bit far.

Not educating you on the history of mowbrays career, look it up for yourself. Think too many draws in first relegated season instead of going for 3, think taking foot of the peddle instead of going for the title lg 1, think not pushing hard for playoffs this season, think transfer record, players playing out of position, late collapses, defence not rectified, too many contracts handed out to players not good enough, Williams and Smallwood, strange lineups and tactics,,, to name but a few. Open your eyes man 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Down to opinion Mercer. 

I would have given Mowbray a 5 years contract after we got promotion. I'm happy to back his plans for the club short and long term

Williams is awful. Hopefully he will be gone in the summer. 

Players had the chances to win the game in the 1st 40 mins of the game. take your chances you win the game. 

I picked my team before the game but I don't have a clue about the fitness of the squad.  But I based my opinion the team picked and how we played. 

Ive posted about the defensive problem with the second goal. 

For coming 2nd in L2?

It is bad enough he's swung a contract until June 2022.

Stick to Football Manager or whatever it's called and enjoy the slow build to nowhere.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For coming 2nd in L2?

It is bad enough he's swung a contract until June 2022.

Stick to Football Manager or whatever it's called and enjoy the slow build to nowhere.

Why bad enough? 

You stick to being a negative poster and your posts..

I bet you were one of these poster who want him out last season even tho he achieve the target  

9 hours ago, Hasta said:

Thats was earlier in the season. 

Mowbray has no reason to lie. 

We dont know if Graham and Dack being on the pitch would have made any different..

"You can spout all the superfan rose-tinted shite you want. "

Cos I different opinion to most people on here. Thought that was part of brfcs, different opinions