BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Isn't Mark Hughes available ?  If Rovers were serious about next season then id be inclined to be sounding him out about coming in summer. Might sound harsh on Mowbray but football is a ruthless business and Hughes was a great fit for Rovers in a time when there was a bit of limited finance still available.  I think his record shows he works better under those circumstances and I think he could be the right man at the right time again particularly when you look at the backroom staff he brings and the emphasis he puts on being fit and organised.

TM is creating a good base here but it might take someone else to kick it on unless he gets wise with any investment he might get in summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not educating you on the history of mowbrays career, look it up for yourself. Think too many draws in first relegated season instead of going for 3, think taking foot of the peddle instead of going for the title lg 1, think not pushing hard for playoffs this season, think transfer record, players playing out of position, late collapses, defence not rectified, too many contracts handed out to players not good enough, Williams and Smallwood, strange lineups and tactics,,, to name but a few. Open your eyes man 

There has been times when TMs tactics have been spot on - even Weds night the high pressing up the pitch we employed should have brought goals.

Ì can't say I agree with all his selections - but I am not party to injuries, fitness performance metrics, training etc that TM sees. Imagine DG played the full match on Weds and picked up a muscle injury - fans would then be asking why he played. TBH football managers are on a hiding to nothing - as fans always know better AFTER a bad result - but are generally quiet when a manager gets in right.

• Like 1

It's a worrying sign he doesn't acknowledge we do have serious defensive frailties though because whatever the line up, tactics, subs, ref etc etc pish poor defending, lack of concentration, bottle and maybe fitness in the last ten mins have undone us time and time again, even after some good work by the team.

Aside from the manager himself that's been a constant theme this season and it needs addressing or as happened under Bowyer the good work will frequently get undone and we'll go nowhere.

He needs to address it.

Calling other fans negative is usually the last resort when no constructive criticism can be made.

Mowbray deserves plenty of criticism for these last 3 games, just as he was praised plenty during last month. Weve reverted to giving away plenty of easy goals and many of the common flaws that have haunted us really this season have come back with a vengeance.

His team selection on Wednesday opened himself up to plenty of criticism. Chaddy picking a totally different team yet then arguing the toss against those who criticised Mowbray for what he picked has lost him any credibility he may have had. 

Even if Graham and Dack were deemed unfit, there are plenty of other bizarre calls he made which led to our defeat. Personnel choices with a very uninspiring midfield, and Reed, Rothwell and Nyambe all on the bench, and tactical choices, with Armstrong central and Brereton out wide. Its not the first time hes made a massively changed side this season, and he implied post match that he does target home games and that Sunday is more important. When Allardyce said similar he was rightly crucifed.

Mowbrays unwillingness to admit or seemingly be desperate to fix our piss poor defensive record has to be a major concern as we wont progress conceding at the rate we do.

Yes a mid table finish would be fairly reasonable and I personally dont want Mowbray sacked. But its the manner of our defeats that has caused concern and our place in the table cannot be used as a cloak to protect him from individual pieces of criticism when it is due.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why bad enough? 

You stick to being a negative poster and your posts..

I bet you were one of these poster who want him out last season even tho he achieve the target  

You would have lost that bet.

I consider myself a realistic poster as opposed to one living in cloud cookoo land.

I was disappointed that he gave up on winning the L1 title and belittled it when it became obvious Wigan would finish top.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Isn't Mark Hughes available ?  If Rovers were serious about next season then id be inclined to be sounding him out about coming in summer. Might sound harsh on Mowbray but football is a ruthless business and Hughes was a great fit for Rovers in a time when there was a bit of limited finance still available.  I think his record shows he works better under those circumstances and I think he could be the right man at the right time again particularly when you look at the backroom staff he brings and the emphasis he puts on being fit and organised.

TM is creating a good base here but it might take someone else to kick it on unless he gets wise with any investment he might get in summer.

I can't see Venkys forking out for the likes of Hughes or his support staff, or indeed similar.

Mowbray accepted the job which had the condition he worked with the existing backroom, hence we still have Lowe and no proper goalkeeping coach.

Venkys do it on the cheap.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I don't think it's negative to highlight things such as: 

We concede too many late goals/we conceded late again the other night not long after scoring.

We dropped our two best attacking players to the bench the other night.

Our first choice right back is on the bench and another player that isn't a right back is currently playing there.

If anyone cares about the club, why aren't they allowed to highlight such concerns about this great club that we all support without being labelled negative?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why bad enough? 

You stick to being a negative poster and your posts..

I bet you were one of these poster who want him out last season even tho he achieve the target  

I'll be honest, I thought Mowbray's legs had gone. It's always a chastening experience to be proved wrong, wouldn't you agree? 

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I can't see Venkys forking out for the likes of Hughes or his support staff, or indeed similar.

Mowbray accepted the job which had the condition he worked with the existing backroom, hence we still have Lowe and no proper goalkeeping coach.

Venkys do it on the cheap.

Me neither but if they seriously want the club to move onto the next level that is the pond to be fishing in and if they haven't learned that doing it on the cheap doesn't actually do it and costs more in the long run they ought to clear off right now.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton drifted inside alot like I keep saying. Did he not? 

I selected my team but I dont know was fit before the game as Im not on coaching staff am I? 

If Rovers put the 1st half chances its a different game but you would still try and insist on finding a negative thing to moan again. 

Of course I dont want Mowbray sack. I would have given him a longer contract and IMO best manager since Mark Hughes time at the club. 

TM a better manager than Allardyce? :wacko: In your dreams!

Sam could set up a defence for a start.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The aim this season was consolidation, so he achieved the goal. There are worrying things that we can all see, but he deserves next season where there will be genuine expectations on challenging for promotion.  

Despite being labelled by another as a 'negative' I stated yesterday I was ok to give Mowbray 4 more windows, not just Summers, to get us to serious promotion contention. Next year may be a bit too early.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

There has been times when TMs tactics have been spot on - even Weds night the high pressing up the pitch we employed should have brought goals.

Ì can't say I agree with all his selections - but I am not party to injuries, fitness performance metrics, training etc that TM sees. Imagine DG played the full match on Weds and picked up a muscle injury - fans would then be asking why he played. TBH football managers are on a hiding to nothing - as fans always know better AFTER a bad result - but are generally quiet when a manager gets in right.

For God's sake, we've just lost 3 in a row!

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Despite being labelled by another as a 'negative' I stated yesterday I was ok to give Mowbray 4 more windows, not just Summers, to get us to serious promotion contention. Next year may be a bit too early.

I think managers these days should be given more time. So I would agree with you. The caveat being that we need to improve defensively next season. If the glaring issues continue, that would be a big red flag for me.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

King Kenny lost six in a row - that's football. 

The problem of giving away late goals and conceding under the slightest pressure has been ongoing under Mowbray. Dalglish would have sorted out our defence by now.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The aim this season was consolidation, so he achieved the goal. There are worrying things that we can all see, but he deserves next season where there will be genuine expectations on challenging for promotion.  

I agree.......unless there is somehow opportunity to bring in someone of calibre with a backroom team to match although most of those probably wouldn't touch it at the min unless they were guaranteed a big budget in a legal document.

You never know unless you try though.

20 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Strange you say that you pick players on form and that Smallwood was better than Reed on Saturday and that Reed has been poor recently. Yet in your team you had Reed starting and Smallwood on the bench. Funny that pre game you thought Reed should start yet because Mowbray picks Smallwood instead, Reed has suddenly become poor and Smallwood a better option. Talk about contradicting yourself.

Good point well made.

10 minutes ago, unsall said:

And last month won 4 in a row, manager   of the  month, Armstrong player of the month.

And in December we lost another three back to back. Hopefully you do understand that one of the criticisms is the erratic form.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

And in December we lost another three back to back. Hopefully you do understand that one of the criticisms is the erratic form.

Understand perfectly thank you, also understand we’ve just come from lower league, and people will have to be patient.