BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

clearly never read and listen to were Mowbray said Jack Rodwell would play when he signed here. Arrogant that. 

well they didn't. hindsight is such a wonderful thing isn't. Graham being 33 years old now was only going to struggling to play 3 games a week at some point. I see it has the perfect opportunity to play Brereton from the start. 

Clearly never listen to Danny Graham.

And of the three games in a week debate, the striker said: “It’s getting a bit boring to be honest.

“I’ve played three games in a week already this season.

“Everyone goes on about me being 33, it doesn’t matter how old you are as long as you keep yourself fit and right.

“I feel as though I’m fitter now than I ever have been at this football club so I think three games in a week is fine for me.

“If other people want to talk about it then that’s fine.

“In the past the gaffer has even changed players who you think would play three games in a week so it doesn’t make a difference.”

Of course, Danny Graham is always going to say that isn't he. And Mowbray is always going to say he was too tired when he drops a tactically clanger like on Wednesday.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What evidence is there that the Venky's actually do want to take us to the next level?

The whole pattern, choice of managers, transfer behaviour and league positions etc, since the take over certainly do not point in the direction of "next level".

Strangely enough I think that the last 3 appointments actually show that they want to take us to the next level. All three manager's biggest success in their careers have been getting a team promoted from the Championship and I think that they look at that and think they've done it before they can do it again. However the problem is that they don't know anything about football because if they did then they would know how these manager's that had success years ago are looking dated now as the Championship has changed massively over the last decade.

Also this year a good budget was given to the manager, of course there are a lot of question marks over how it was spent but that lies with the manager rather than the owners. And according to the manager we had more money unspent which is again the manager decision and not the owners, I think we would all be more worried if the owners started dictating how much had to be spent and who on.

Finally promotion to the Premier League is worth at least £170 Million, so there is no way that sometime soon they aren't going to want to try and get a slice of that. 

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Clearly never listen to Danny Graham.

And of the three games in a week debate, the striker said: “It’s getting a bit boring to be honest.

“I’ve played three games in a week already this season.

“Everyone goes on about me being 33, it doesn’t matter how old you are as long as you keep yourself fit and right.

“I feel as though I’m fitter now than I ever have been at this football club so I think three games in a week is fine for me.

“If other people want to talk about it then that’s fine.

“In the past the gaffer has even changed players who you think would play three games in a week so it doesn’t make a difference.”

Of course, Danny Graham is always going to say that isn't he. And Mowbray is always going to say he was too tired when he drops a tactically clanger like on Wednesday.

Mowbray on why Graham didnt start

Dack was used from the bench, as was Danny Graham, who the manager opted to have as a substitute for the second of three games in a week.   “Sunday is a big, big game for us, as all games are, and tonight it was in my mind to rest a 33-year-old Danny with us having three games this week," Mowbray added.   “Statistically his numbers were down on Saturday and then to throw him in again and then expect him to go again on Sunday was going to be tough.   “The logic was to give him a breather and to sit him on the bench in case we needed him.   "

If they are minted and use the club to offset profits from elsewhere being comfortable now losing on the books 10 mill per year then I don't think they'll be that bothered. True the club would prosper with that income if it was used and managed correctly but they are already prosperous beyond what they can spend if some are to be believed so again they might not be that bothered I think that might have been one of the main problems of their time here.

They'd certainly get off on the publicity for their business and some egos but again the original plan was exposure for their Venky brand moving into Europe but that's probably been more or less scrapped now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If Sharpe knows a lot but doesn't go public then he's not much of a journalist. When has he ever had a big exclusive about the club or about transfers? Personally I don't think he has much of the inside track on the club.

Transfer wise. Joe Rothwell..

Big Exclusive. Not for many years. Maybe when Souness told they he wouldnt be replacing Ince. National media were linking him and Sam Allardyce to replace Ince

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on why Graham didnt start

Dack was used from the bench, as was Danny Graham, who the manager opted to have as a substitute for the second of three games in a week.   “Sunday is a big, big game for us, as all games are, and tonight it was in my mind to rest a 33-year-old Danny with us having three games this week," Mowbray added.   “Statistically his numbers were down on Saturday and then to throw him in again and then expect him to go again on Sunday was going to be tough.   “The logic was to give him a breather and to sit him on the bench in case we needed him.   "

So he could have played but TM thought we would get away with it ("unless we need him").

• Like 1

DG was replaced by Mowbrays  10 million pounds forward line who both their ages added together are barely much more than Danny himself. We should've coped and if they could finish we would have, they linked up well in the first ten mins until Brereton remembered he'd been put on to a be a wide striker then the threat almost vanished.

Look a handy potential partnership in that first ten though.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

So he could have played but TM thought we would get away with it ("unless we need him").

Danny Graham number statistically were down against Bristol City as Mowbray. Like I did say on Saturday he looked Knackered after 75/80 mins. It was clear as day to see. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Danny Graham number statistically were down against Bristol City as Mowbray. Like I did say on Saturday he looked Knackered after 75/80 mins. It was clear as day to see. 

Clear as day yet you put him in your preferred pre match line up

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was Saturday. What day did we play Reading? 

And as LDRover says, if it was clear as day why did you pick him?

And Reed?

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What statistics?

The statistics that managers and coaching staff have access to. Most managers have them

Just now, Hasta said:

What day did we play Reading?

And as LDRover says, if it was clear as day why did you pick him?

my team below. where is Graham? on page 1!

we played Reading at Wednesday

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:41, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Raya

Nyambe Rodwell Mulgrew Bell

Reed Travis

Bennett         Dack        Armstrong

Brereton

subs:- Luetwiler, Williams, Smallwood, Rothwell, Conway, Graham, Nuttall 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The statistics that managers and coaching staff have access to. Most managers have them

my team below. where is Graham? on page 1!

we played Reading at Wednesday

Apologies.

And as for Reed being in your team initially and then agreeing he should be dropped for Smallwood like you said on the previous page?

As for DG, many players look knackered at the end of games and still play 3 or 4 days later. We haven't got the squad to not play our two main goal threats. The performance and result backs that view up Chaddy. If Dack was t playing, and DG could, he should have played. 

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

As for DG, many players look knackered at the end of games and still play 3 or 4 days later. We haven't got the squad to not play our two main goal threats. The performance and result backs that view up Chaddy.

Graham is 33 years old and does work his socks off majority of the time. But we shouldn't be relying on him now. Time to give Armstrong or Brereton up front role for some games. I prefer Armstrong wide but I think them 2 would be decent as a front 2. 

I didn't mind Armstrong upfront with Brereton drifting inside more. His best bits came from that inside position. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham is 33 years old and does work his socks off majority of the time. But we shouldn't be relying on him now. Time to give Armstrong or Brereton up front role for some games. I prefer Armstrong wide but I think them 2 would be decent as a front 2. 

I didn't mind Armstrong upfront with Brereton drifting inside more. His best bits came from that inside position. 

You've not quoted and ignored a bit of my post which you seem to refuse to answer. 

As for the striker position, the problem is when those two have played upfront they haven't taken their chances and excelled. We shouldn't be relying on DG, but following the failed transfer window we are.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Time to start playing Brereton more now

You've ignored the question again Chaddy. 

You put Reed in your starting line up.

After he was dropped and you agreed with the decision, you said "I pick players on form. Reed was poor at Saturday. Smallwood was good and better than Reed. Reed has been poor recently"

So why did you put Reed in your starting line up?

Edited by Hasta

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did. 

I picked Reed but Smallwood played better than him on Saturday. So deserve to keep his place. So I see why he was picked ahead. 

Ok thanks for explaining.

So you don't pick players on form like you said.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

clearly never read and listen to were Mowbray said Jack Rodwell would play when he signed here. Arrogant that. 

well they didn't. hindsight is such a wonderful thing isn't. Graham being 33 years old now was only going to struggling to play 3 games a week at some point. I see it has the perfect opportunity to play Brereton from the start. 

Sharpe knows alot IMO but didn't go public with it

Its not arrogant to have a view contrary to that of the manager,

And Graham has played 3 games (the majority of) 3 times in a week this season already, as I said the other day.

If thats the case hes a poor journalist! Gets a story and doesnt release it?!

How many top 10 champ teams would be after mowbray should they move their current man out? I can tell you none. I get that he gets kudos from rovers fans for getting us promoted but so did souness and before he jumped ship I remember thinking his time was up here despite getting us up and winning us silverware. Put it another way had we survived a few seasons back, and Mowbray had is languishing bottom half of the table the last few years wouldn’t fans be asking for a change to push us on. Top champ teams are hiring progressive managers like Bielsa, farka, santo, Wagner to take them to the next level, we should be thinking the same. It’s a gamble of course it is but I’m happy to take it 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 00:19, Ewood Ace said:

Strange you say that you pick players on form and that Smallwood was better than Reed on Saturday and that Reed has been poor recently. Yet in your team you had Reed starting and Smallwood on the bench. Funny that pre game you thought Reed should start yet because Mowbray picks Smallwood instead, Reed has suddenly become poor and Smallwood a better option. Talk about contradicting yourself.

Welcome to the world of Chaddy.