BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Weird how this is true for Nyambe yet not Williams and Bennett after several shockers in a row too:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17441498.tony-mowbray-on-the-absence-of-rovers-full-back-ryan-nyambe/

I thought the exact same. Sounds like a really odd excuse for not playing him. The two you mention had bad games and were still in the fold, same with Raya, Brereton, Mulgrew to name 3 more. 

Nyambe was responsible for the Bristol goal when he came on  though, so not doing himself any favours, but maybe his confidence is knocked. Mine would be too if I saw Bennett starting ahead of me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

Theres  a rumour  doing the rounds that Tony and  Nyambe  have had a big falling out at training  and he has been dropped if ture that makes sense

Well that could be true.

Can't see any other reason why he's not playing.

Rothwell must have burned TM's house down!

Anybody can see where the problem lies we've three midfielders playing in defence  . When was the last time we had a real no frills put your head in center half .  In the summer we need a left back  and right back with paces  two proper  no frills center halves  and a big strong center foward . Hopefully keep the team in tack and have a real go

Nyambe taken out of the firing line for two bad games yet Bennett keeps constantly getting picked, how many bad games does he need before he's dropped. Seems to me like one rule for one and one rule for another, more poor handling of a young player by Mowbray. Every time Mowbray speaks these days I despair at his comments, also he sounds more and more like a manager under increasing pressure.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Nyambe taken out of the firing line for two bad games yet Bennett keeps constantly getting picked, how many bad games does he need before he's dropped. Seems to me like one rule for one and one rule for another, more poor handling of a young player by Mowbray. Every time Mowbray speaks these days I despair at his comments, also he sounds more and more like a manager under increasing pressure.

One rule for one and one rule for another is a good way of phrasing it. 

Ya, between Nyambe and Brereton I think he has handled two young players badly. If he keeps playing Brereton on the wing he could go the entire season without scoring. 

As for Nyambe, at this stage with safety practically secured starting Bennett ahead of him makes absolutely no sense. 

1 hour ago, stinny1 said:

Anybody can see where the problem lies we've three midfielders playing in defence  . When was the last time we had a real no frills put your head in center half .  In the summer we need a left back  and right back with paces  two proper  no frills center halves  and a big strong center foward . Hopefully keep the team in tack and have a real go

Duffy and Hanley 

Also this won't be popular, but I find Mulgrew to be lazy at times. I think he backs out of headers on occasion too. I just wonder does he have it in him to lead us to the premier league. As things stand, I would say no. 

Great set piece delivery, I think that glosses over a lot. As did last season where he could get away with playing at around 80% 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Also this won't be popular, but I find Mulgrew to be lazy at times. I think he backs out of headers on occasion too. I just wonder does he have it in him to lead us to the premier league. As things stand, I would say no. 

Great set piece delivery, I think that glosses over a lot. As did last season where he could get away with playing at around 80% 

He’s not a leader either. I know he’s had a poor season in general too but the only one back there organising and shouting is Lenihan. CM needs to be stripped of the armband come the summer either way as he shouldn’t be a regular starter next season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Weird how this is true for Nyambe yet not Williams and Bennett after several shockers in a row too:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17441498.tony-mowbray-on-the-absence-of-rovers-full-back-ryan-nyambe/

So on the back of two poor performances does anybody expect Mulgrew to be dropped? And in those games Mowbray mentioned Nyambe was far from our worst player. Against Birmingham Raya turned the game against us with his ridiculous decision to chase a loose ball. Had we won I'd wager Mowbray wouldn't have considered that Nyambe had a poor game.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

So on the back of two poor performances does anybody expect Mulgrew to be dropped? And in those games Mowbray mentioned Nyambe was far from our worst player. Against Birmingham Raya turned the game against us with his ridiculous decision to chase a loose ball. Had we won I'd wager Mowbray wouldn't have considered that Nyambe had a poor game.

Absolutely! We can use our reliable, somehow 5th choice centre half right? There hasn't been a rash decision made with him right?

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s not a leader either. I know he’s had a poor season in general too but the only one back there organising and shouting is Lenihan. CM needs to be stripped of the armband come the summer either way as he shouldn’t be a regular starter next season.

Which may be why Lenihan was better playing with Rodwell as he was the clear and designated leader. Having Mulgrew there confuses it a bit as he is captain, but Lenihan is more likely to shout and organise 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Which may be why Lenihan was better playing with Rodwell as he was the clear and designated leader. Having Mulgrew there confuses it a bit as he is captain, but Lenihan is more likely to shout and organise 

"The best teams are loud teams" my key stage 2 PE teacher.

I'm still yet to hear anything more true in football.

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Unfortunately Mowbrays neglect of defence in the transfer market means that there is no alternative in central defence.

Nyambe was dropped because its easier to drop him than Bennett in Mowbrays mind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Too simplistic, you can never have too many leaders.

Lenihan has been perhaps worse than Mulgrew this season lets not forget. 

Lenihan and Rodwell did very well for them 3 games to be fair but the 3 opponents strikers were as easy as youll face. They werent really tested at all and indeed Rodwell in particular impressed more on the ball. As soon as they faced a challenge at Brentford they folded.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Too simplistic, you can never have too many leaders.

Lenihan has been perhaps worse than Mulgrew this season lets not forget. 

Lenihan and Rodwell did very well for them 3 games to be fair but the 3 opponents strikers were as easy as youll face. They werent really tested at all and indeed Rodwell in particular impressed more on the ball. As soon as they faced a challenge at Brentford they folded.

I never said anything about having too many leaders, I said if anything Mulgrew doesn't lead enough. Sometimes you jump in with your premeditated points and fail to read what the posters actually says. 

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unfortunately Mowbrays neglect of defence in the transfer market means that there is no alternative in central defence.

Nyambe was dropped because its easier to drop him than Bennett in Mowbrays mind.

My point was to show how ludicrous it was to drop Nyambe after his perceived two 'bad' games. I agree with your second sentence which in my opinion highlights that Mowbray has his favourites and will drop others to play them even if they are out of position.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My point was to show how ludicrous it was to drop Nyambe after his perceived two 'bad' games. I agree with your second sentence which in my opinion highlights that Mowbray has his favourites and will drop others to play them even if they are out of position.

Very true. Mogga has singled Nyambe out publicly but Mulgrew has made some dreadful mistakes this season (even before Boro) and has yet to be singled out for criticism. So have Raya and Rodwell.