Randolph

McNair   Shotton   Fry     Friend

Clayton Mikel Besic

Howson                           Downing

Hugill

Good to time play Boro when Flint and Ayala out

i thought Lenihan was still out injured

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's still a shit defender though, which is his main job.

Not as shit at defending as Williams though, for whom it's his 'strength'.

Seen a lot more goals I'd pin on Del than Bell this season. And I'm someone who thought in the summer that Williams would do an adequate but not great job this season. Woefully inadequate the last few months.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's still a shit defender though, which is his main job.

Does he not remind you abit of Marcus olsson. 

He was a poor defender but had something going forward albeit unpolished, Abit like bell. Olsson did improve over time into not a bad left back. Certainly good enough as cover for the stage we are at now

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Let's separate the two.  Williams just puts us in the shit everytime he goes near the ball.  He's cack and fair play to him for getting as far as he has in his career with obvious limited capabilities.  

Bell has something but it's not as an out and out defender. He is Tony's buy and I think he would do well in a 352. However, Tony hasn't brought in the 3 at the back who can play the role, so in essence he is not playing to bells strength.  His goal the other night shows where he should be coming from .....can you imagine Del Boy doing that? I cant and there wide midfielder knows this too.....Hull was a good example of what Bell is capable of.

As footballers, Bells technically better, and quicker, can go past a man and has a good shot on him. 

A good shot on him? Thats the first goal hes scored for us and I dont recall him coming close before that. So not sure how youve concluded that. And whilst he did right to hit it across the keeper, it was very much a goalkeeping error.

Im guessing that you perceive that he is better going forward judging by your analysis of him. Again, what is this based on? He gets so far up the pitch and shits himself and turns back. I dont recall any assists although im happy to be corrected, whereas Williams has 10 in admittedly many more appearances for us, and his attacking ability is very much limited.

Let’s just say if Bell and Williams were released tomorrow and were free agents, they’d be lucky too be picked up by league one clubs never mind championship clubs. That’s the reality of our left back situation... On tomorrow’s game, bit of a nothing game for us but for Boro it’s one they need too win.. That being said, we’ll probably end up scraping a 1-0 win. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I fully expect a dull, low scoring game with both managers being content with a draw. Boro won't have the same aerial threat with Flint doubtful but Pulis (much like Mowbray) doesn't really have another game plan. 

They're more attacking away tbf

However 

If anyone likes a flutter 0-0 HT result looks good 

Screenshot_20190217-085237.png