BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

I saw posts earlier saying that you can watch iFollow matches via a website. I can't !

Is this the case on a PC or Laptop as on my phone I can't and have to use the App.

I watched today through muddy waters but saw a lot of shit.

One thing was proved, we do play better without Williams.

I am going through severe apathy so may appear less than pissed off. It's a charade.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I would disagree about Rodwell.  I thought he was equally as inept as Mulgrew.  Not only that, it was a petulant foul that got him booked.  He looked very frustrated and could easily have got himself sent off.  History tells us he's not a man to have in the trenches.

After Charlie had that brain fade Rodwell was very weak in his non challenge and just as culpable in conceeding that goal. Both were pathetic.

• Like 5

Thank god we’ve accumulated 43 points already! The writings already on the wall regarding next season with 8 defeats in the last 12 games.

With Dack and Reed likely to be gone in the close season to compound the issues we’re all familiar with already, we need 6 or 7 signings at least in the summer to be competitive. 

More or less a complete rebuild required for me and sadly as time wears on, I don’t see TM as the man to do it. (I wish I did)

Further, can anyone let me know what Mowbray’s preferred way of playing is?

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I saw posts earlier saying that you can watch iFollow matches via a website. I can't !

Is this the case on a PC or Laptop as on my phone I can't and have to use the App.

I watched today through muddy waters but saw a lot of shit.

One thing was proved, we do play better without Williams.

I am going through severe apathy so may appear less than pissed off. It's a charade.

Yes Pc, laptop or Mac, just get into it via the Rovers website.

Have you tried going to rovers.co.uk on your phone via the browswer, then first team fixtures / match centre or ifollow menu?

Edit: Just tried it on android and you can get to the ifollow stuff that way, not got the app installed.

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Yes Pc, laptop or Mac, just get into it via the Rovers website.

Have you tried going to rovers.co.uk on your phone , then first team fixtures / match centre ?

Just tried it on android and you can get to the ifollow stuff that way, not got the app installed

I thought I had but will try again next game. It was a while ago and failed perhaps not understanding it properly so used the app. I have always booked the matchpass via the website. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought I had but will try again next game. It was a while ago and failed perhaps not understanding it properly so used the app. I have always booked the matchpass via the website. Thanks.

Maybe disable the app and then use your log in on the rovers.co.uk site instead, might be worth a try before next weeks game to see if you can access the ifollow videos

1 minute ago, perthblue02 said:

Maybe disable the app and then use your log in on the rovers.co.uk site instead, might be worth a try before next weeks game to see if you can access the ifollow videos

The app has been good in that a free pass account sometimes used for a matchpass does give free access to all our games extended highlights. Most other vids are locked. I'll investigate the website more on my phone.

• Like 1

Few thoughts:

1) Obi Mikel and Assombalonga were a class above... those saying we didn't need him 3 weeks ago need a reality check.

2) Mulgrew and Evans with their worst performances under TM.

3) TM with his worst performance under TM since his last performance under TM. (There are a few now)

4) How Nyambe doesn't start is now officially making me furious.

5) Is it time to try a diamond, Nyambe and Bell at full backs with Dack in front of Travis and Reed, Rodwell, Mulgrew or Lenihan at the base challenging for first headers (tucking into a back 5 when needed). Armstrong and Graham upfront.

6) the referee saved TM a hell of a lot of boos. He's continuously being out managed by every other manager every week now.

7) It's not a red card (in 2019)... it was a "genuine" attempt at the ball and by law is a yellow card. Shocking decision. Another awful ref in this league. 

8. I hate Tony Pulis and for as shambolic as we were I'm glad I dont have to watch Middlesbrough every week. I'm rooting for anyone but them for promotion.

9) Mowbray out.

• Like 2

1st half was the worst half of football we played under Mowbray. Everyone was poor 1st half apart from Dack who tried, chase back and tackle. 

we started 4-2-3-1 with Brereton on right, Dack in 10 role and Armstrong left. after 25 mins Mowbray after we were being outplayed completed, we changed to 3-4-3 formation with a back 3 Rodwell, Mulgrew and Williams, Reed right wing back, Bennett left wing back, Dack and Evans in centre mid. it got us to half time with just being 1 nil down. 

Mulgrew and Rodwell was pathetic today. ,Mulgrew was poor positional and wouldn't head the ball for some reason. Why I don't know but it caused the Williams sending off which was fair but if he stayed on his feet we don't get him sent off. Evans went Missing 1st half. Going forward we didn't nothing. 

2nd half was better but Travis, Nyambe and Bell had a positive impact and should start next game. Reed played better was Travis next to him. Dack, Graham and Armstrong tried up front we got 2 good chances. Graham should have scored and Dack shot took a great save. 

We need to back to the standard of the WBA and Hull performances. Wish we had Lenihan for next game. we need him  back asap

Overall, we got what we deserve, nothing. 

Bad day so far, at least my indian takeaway from Shajan will be very good unlike the football 

• Like 1

Bell scores, then gets dropped and his replacement spends 45 minutes deliberately trying not to cross the half way line and gets sent off. You literally couldn’t find a more ‘Mowbray’ tactical decision if you tried. Bell beat more men today in the second half than Williams has done in his entire career he’s absolutely shite and we’re one injury away from having him at CB.

The converted centre halves, strikers on wings, changing of left backs, a shite winger at right back, 3/4/5/8/10 at the back, Reed on the wing to accomdate Evans, it’s a game of roulette every week trying to figure out what we’re gonna play next and it shows when the players look fecking clueless. Harrison Reed, our best central midfielder (!!!) looked like he’d forgotten how to play there first half an hour it’s been that long and even when he finally gets a chance in his actual position, there’s still 4 players in the XI not in their actual position!

The good news is our mini run in January and the odd points we’ll get before the end of the season should see us finish lower mid table because this could quite easily turn into 6/7/8 defeats in a row as it stands and if we lose the next 2 at Birmingham and Rotherham I can see the crowd turning.

We are so far behind the top 6 it’s unbelievable and we need to replace 6/7 of the current starting 11 this summer to have any sort of chance next season and based off his track record I don’t see Tony being the man to do it or him being given the finances to be able to do it. If Venky’s really are after promotion, and more importantly promotion soon, then we need to break the bank for Jokanovic and go shit or bust. We’re in “safe” hands with Mowbray and I don’t see him taking us down but in equal measure I don’t see a scenario where he takes us up or gets us in the top 6 and I certainly wouldn’t trust him with the funds we need to get us there.

41 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I would disagree about Rodwell.  I thought he was equally as inept as Mulgrew.  Not only that, it was a petulant foul that got him booked.  He looked very frustrated and could easily have got himself sent off.  History tells us he's not a man to have in the trenches.

He's gradually writing himself out of a new contract here. If as he's proving he can't be trusted at CB then there's no point wasting high wages on a half-hearted injury waiting to happen in Cm.

• Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Bell scores, then gets dropped and his replacement spends 45 minutes deliberately trying not to cross the half way line and gets sent off. You literally couldn’t find a more ‘Mowbray’ tactical decision if you tried. Bell beat more men today in the second half than Williams has done in his entire career he’s absolutely shite and we’re one injury away from having him at CB.

The converted centre halves, strikers on wings, changing of left backs, a shite winger at right back, 3/4/5/8/10 at the back, Reed on the wing to accomdate Evans, it’s a game of roulette every week trying to figure out what we’re gonna play next and it shows when the players look fecking clueless. Harrison Reed, our best central midfielder (!!!) looked like he’d forgotten how to play there first half an hour it’s been that long and even when he finally gets a chance in his actual position, there’s still 4 players in the XI not in their actual position!

The good news is our mini run in January and the odd points we’ll get before the end of the season should see us finish lower mid table because this could quite easily turn into 6/7/8 defeats in a row as it stands and if we lose the next 2 at Birmingham and Rotherham I can see the crowd turning.

We are so far behind the top 6 it’s unbelievable and we need to replace 6/7 of the current starting 11 this summer to have any sort of chance next season and based off his track record I don’t see Tony being the man to do it or him being given the finances to be able to do it. If Venky’s really are after promotion, and more importantly promotion soon, then we need to break the bank for Jokanovic and go shit or bust. We’re in “safe” hands with Mowbray and I don’t see him taking us down but in equal measure I don’t see a scenario where he takes us up or gets us in the top 6 and I certainly wouldn’t trust him with the funds we need to get us there.

Spot on. Slightly disagree with your last bit, I think he is capable of taking us down 

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Few thoughts:

1) Obi Mikel and Assombalonga were a class above... those saying we didn't need him 3 weeks ago need a reality check.

2) Mulgrew and Evans with their worst performances under TM.

3) TM with his worst performance under TM since his last performance under TM. (There are a few now)

4) How Nyambe doesn't start is now officially making me furious.

5) Is it time to try a diamond, Nyambe and Bell at full backs with Dack in front of Travis and Reed, Rodwell, Mulgrew or Lenihan at the base challenging for first headers (tucking into a back 5 when needed). Armstrong and Graham upfront.

6) the referee saved TM a hell of a lot of boos. He's continuously being out managed by every other manager every week now.

7) It's not a red card (in 2019)... it was a "genuine" attempt at the ball and by law is a yellow card. Shocking decision. Another awful ref in this league. 

8. I hate Tony Pulis and for as shambolic as we were I'm glad I dont have to watch Middlesbrough every week. I'm rooting for anyone but them for promotion.

9) Mowbray out.

Definite red, only would have been a booking had it been inside the box if I understand that rule correctly 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

1st half was the worst half of football we played under Mowbray. Everyone was poor 1st half apart from Dack who tried, chase back and tackle. 

we started 4-2-3-1 with Brereton on right, Dack in 10 role and Armstrong left. after 25 mins Mowbray after we were being outplayed completed, we changed to 3-4-3 formation with a back 3 Rodwell, Mulgrew and Williams, Reed right wing back, Bennett left wing back, Dack and Evans in centre mid. it got us to half time with just being 1 nil down. 

Mulgrew and Rodwell was pathetic today. ,Mulgrew was poor positional and wouldn't head the ball for some reason. Why I don't know but it caused the Williams sending off which was fair but if he stayed on his feet we don't get him sent off. Evans went Missing 1st half. Going forward we didn't nothing. 

2nd half was better but Travis, Nyambe and Bell had a positive impact and should start next game. Reed played better was Travis next to him. Dack, Graham and Armstrong tried up front we got 2 good chances. Graham should have scored and Dack shot took a great save. 

We need to back to the standard of the WBA and Hull performances. Wish we had Lenihan for next game. we need him  back asap

Overall, we got what we deserve, nothing. 

Bad day so far, at least my indian takeaway from Shajan will be very good unlike the football 

The tactical change was neither a wise one nor one that should have been reactive. Middlesboroughs 3 at the back formation was hardly a secret, playing an extra (useless) striker as a wide man at the expense of Travis made a bigger disconnect between attack and midfield and meant we were over run.

But even if he did want to make that change, he couldnt do it without making personnel changes. The change he did make was horrendous and had a massive domino effect. It meant Bennett had to go to left wing back, where he cannot play as proved v Newcastle, Reed had to then moved to an unfamiliar wing back position, which in turn left our best player in a midfield 2 often deep inside his own half where we dont want him. If he did want to admit a selection mistake, surely bring on Bell for Brereron and adjust accordingly, Bennett RWB, Reed CM with Evans and Dack in front. Saying that, the problem was them dominating the midfield so it would have not changed that, indeed all his change did was moved Reed away and made it worse.

But it definitely wasnt effective. 

I couldn't believe how bad we were in the first half. Mulgrew played like a drunken Sunday morning footballer and there were many others who were lethargic and lacked any kind of commitment. We were better in the second half but I won't be kidded by that. Most teams in the Championship would have gone for the jugular and been out of sight but Pulis was happy to win by one goal. I am starting to feel sorry for Brereton and more anger to whoever sanctioned the move and agreed the fee. Where does Mowbray go from here though? He has chopped and changed personnel and tactics to no avail and it really does seem that many players, with contract extensions in their pockets have gone back into Easy Street and are going through the motions. Mowbray has never totally convinced me and he is facing a real test now to start getting results again from a squad were many players don't appear to care.

Looking ahead and we could have only one centre back available for next Saturday after Mowbray's refusal to bring in another one in January despite most people's concerns. Hopefully he bloods a kid or two but my guess is that he will simply play players out of position.

• Like 2

Firstly, doubt these Sky pundits watch very much of Rovers.  I think it's a myth about Mowbray's Rovers being a footballing team - for two years, IMO, our football has in the main been shite.  All those slagging off Big Sam's style need to look in the mirror at themselves.

That first half was as bad as anything under Kean or C o y l e.

As a team, we don't look mentally or physically up for it.  I think team selections are mystifying (too many square pegs in round holes), our tactics are baffling and our player trading, other than the odd player, is very poor.

I have been saying for some time that, IMO, Mowbray has taken us as far as he can.  I think we have so many gaping holes in the team and what we have seen today, and on several occasions this season (not least at Preston and Wigan), is the culmination of Mowbray's management.  I think we are a poor to very average side.  I would not trust Mowbray in the transfer market after the Brereton debacle.  We need a new managerial team - full stop.

Chaddy, I will be in the Shajan later.  Let me know what time you will be there and if I'm about, I'll get you that pint!  Enjoy your takeaway.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

If only Bell put as much effort into defending as he does attacking. A couple times today players went past him without him attempting a challenge and when Raya made a good save from Howson's cross, Bell was at most 2 yards away from Howson but didn't even attempt to put a leg out to try and stop the ball going into the box. For me Bell can't play in a back 4 as he is not good enough defensively, he either needs to be used as a winger or as a wing back in a 5. 

• Like 1

All this increasing Mowbray out sentiment worries me. We are a shambles on the pitch at the moment but my biggest fear is, we'd be far worse off rolling the dice. We are still owned by loons and undoubtedly, he is far from perfect but has our best interests at heart.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Ideally, Bell should only ever be seen again on the wing instead of Conway. Defensively he cannot tackle, close down or control the ball, and he doesn't see danger. People like him because, on the overlap, he's quick and can win a few corner. He can also stretch teams.

But a full back needs to first and foremost defend and he can't do it. How many men didn't Berg 'beat' at full back when we won the premier league.