BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Ideally, Bell should only ever be seen again on the wing instead of Conway. Defensively he cannot tackle, close down or control the ball, and he doesn't see danger. People like him because, on the overlap, he's quick and can win a few corner. He can also stretch teams.

But a full back needs to first and foremost defend and he can't do it. How many men didn't Berg 'beat' at full back when we won the premier league. 

So if he can’t be trusted in a 4, who plays there?

17 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If only Bell put as much effort into defending as he does attacking. A couple times today players went past him without him attempting a challenge and when Raya made a good save from Howson's cross, Bell was at most 2 yards away from Howson but didn't even attempt to put a leg out to try and stop the ball going into the box. For me Bell can't play in a back 4 as he is not good enough defensively, he either needs to be used as a winger or as a wing back in a 5. 

So who plays when we play a back 4?

Theres no way that Bell should be played as a winger. If hes not good enough defensively, which he isnt, you cant just shoehorn him in further forward. His final ball is nowhere near good enough to be a winger, being a winger is different in that as a full back attacking you have space to run into, and he showed in a game last year (cant remember v whom) that he isnt suitable as a winger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure what he expected after announcing we hadnt achieved what we wanted this season with nearly one third of it still to go. Tbe most blatant invitation to lay down tools imaginable.

Nothing new we didn't know arising out of today. Nyambe and Bell need to be in  either full back position, we need a proper centre half, Travis needs to play, we could do with adding Reed in summer and him and Travis need to be the CM pairing. Dack playing way too deep recently.

Williams Bennett Evans Graham Conway not good enough. Get rid in summer.

Will Tony do it? Doubt it.

I actually disagree about Reed - think right midfield is his best position - in the centre he chases the ball too much and gets caught out of position. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All this increasing Mowbray out sentiment worries me. We are a shambles on the pitch at the moment but my biggest fear is, we'd be far worse off rolling the dice. We are still owned by loons and undoubtedly, he is far from perfect but has our best interests at heart.

I was in agreement until today .... WE  appear to have the losing habit !

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I actually disagree about Reed - think right midfield is his best position - in the centre he chases the ball too much and gets caught out of position. 

Disagree - he is head and shoulders above our other Cm's - only Travis has come close and he has dropped off. 

• Like 1

I keep saying it but Bell ain't great but he better than Williams. 

Williams takes up some of the weirdest positions ive ever seen from a full back, he gets dragged all over the place. He's not good at anything.

I assumed that Williams was recalled for his ariel ability with Boro being a pretty big side at set pieces. That was the only reasoning that made sense to me.

I'd happily never see him in a Rovers shirt again. He's not even good enough as back up, belongs in League 1.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Said season was over two matches ago and someone came on questioning it - still dont think its season over?

Even TM does otherwise he would have gone for three points against Reading. All of this must really screw the minds of some players.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Said season was over two matches ago and someone came on questioning it - still dont think its season over?

Just hope 43 points is enough. The way its going last match home to Swansea is looking the most likely source of further  points 

30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All this increasing Mowbray out sentiment worries me. We are a shambles on the pitch at the moment but my biggest fear is, we'd be far worse off rolling the dice. We are still owned by loons and undoubtedly, he is far from perfect but has our best interests at heart.

The synic in me suggests that perhaps Mowbray has his own best interests at heart. 

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not if we carry on losing it won’t be over ?

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Just hope 43 points is enough. The way its going last match home to Swansea is looking the most likely source of further  points 

I don't think there is any worry about relegation this season, especially with the teams that are currently in the bottom four. 

20 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think Reed's performances have dipped recently.  However, it's not surprising if he doesn't know where he will play from one match to another.

To me, his best position is central midfield but he needs a wise old head next to him to help him develop.

Not sure now that Reed is the long term answer to our central midfield problems.

Think today Mowbray got it hopelessly wrong tactically.  M'boro very strong in midfield and their five outnumbered, outthought and outfought our flimsy 3, 4 or 5 or whatever Mowbray had in mind.  It was men against boys in midfield and why we were 'slaughtered' even though we lost by just the one goal.

Edited by Mercer

6 minutes ago, alcd said:

They’ve just beaten Brentford 4-1, who beat us 5-2.

Smacked of a performance where the players feel the season is over. The way things are though, would ye rule out getting dragged right down? We probably have enough points on the board, but it is worrying.

I said a few weeks ago that this team strikes me as a bunch of mates on holidays. Too much messing on social media,not enough fight. 

Mulgrew isn't a good enough defender for this level. Harsh, but that's the reality. Take his set pieces out and there are too many mistakes. 

Reed was non existant today. What has happened him the past few weeks

Armstrong back to his predictable worse

Dack looked hungover. He must have had a big fry before today's game 

The players look like they are on holidays already. Bad form from a  bunch who the manager has shown enormous loyalty to. At the end of the day the buck stops with Mowbray and the January transfer window and subsequent games have been quite simply putrid. Not acceptable in any way. 

• Like 5