BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Firstly, doubt these Sky pundits watch very much of Rovers.  I think it's a myth about Mowbray's Rovers being a footballing team - for two years, IMO, our football has in the main been shite.  All those slagging off Big Sam's style need to look in the mirror at themselves.

That first half was as bad as anything under Kean or C o y l e.

As a team, we don't look mentally or physically up for it.  I think team selections are mystifying (too many square pegs in round holes), our tactics are baffling and our player trading, other than the odd player, is very poor.

I have been saying for some time that, IMO, Mowbray has taken us as far as he can.  I think we have so many gaping holes in the team and what we have seen today, and on several occasions this season (not least at Preston and Wigan) is the culmination of Mowbray's management.  I think we are a poor to very average side.  I would not trust Mowbray in the transfer market after the Brereton debacle.  We need a new managerial team - full stop.

Chaddy, I will be in the Shajan later.  Let me know what time you will be there and if I'm about, I'll get you that pint!  Enjoy your takeaway.

Disagree on the Football mainly being shite. 

so if you going to sack him Mercer can you give me 3 names who you would like to replace him? please be realistic. You can ask you want after

Already been to pick it. Just eating now mercer. Mix starter, Lamb rogan josh with chips, saag aloo and 2 garlic naan breads. Its very good quality, shame Rovers performance today wasn't. 

I've backed Mowbray completely. I still remember people on here last season saying sack Mowbray for Paul Hurst

Edited by chaddyrovers

I really wonder about our fitness levels which seem to have dropped off alarmingly over the last few games. Boro had a corner towards the end of the game and I saw four of our players on their haunches. It was the same corner when Boro took a short one and Reed really struggled to get out to prevent it. I know we only had ten men for the second half but it wasn't like Boro made the extra man count by working us.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Disagree on the Football mainly being shite. 

so if you going to sack him Mercer can you give me 3 names who you would like to replace him? please be realistic. You can ask you want after

Already been to pick it. Just eating now mercer. Mix starter, Lamb rogan josh with chips, saag aloo and 2 garlic naan breads. Its very good quality, shame Rovers performance today wasn't. 

I've backed Mowbray completely. I still remember saying sack Mowbray for Paul Hurst

"Lamb rogan josh with chips" - bloody hell Chaddy, chips with lamb rj, show a bit of class man!  Anyhow, enjoy!!!

You wanted Paul Hurst to replace Mowbray - wow, are you drunk?

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Interesting stat that Boro had 13 shots from outside the box, we had 0.  Long wondered why we seem afraid to shoot, and prefer to play the ball wide instead....

...as the team with the worst crossing accuracy in the league.

We hardly ever shoot from outside the box even though we have players capable of it, not sure why 

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really wonder about our fitness levels which seem to have dropped off alarmingly over the last few games. Boro had a corner towards the end of the game and I saw four of our players on their haunches. It was the same corner when Boro took a short one and Reed really struggled to get out to prevent it. I know we only had ten men for the second half but it wasn't like Boro made the extra man count by working us.

To me, nearly every team we meet look sharper, faster and fitter.

Always amuses me when Mowbray talks about bringing new players 'up to speed'.  Chapman played for M'boro in Jan. but is deemed not yet fit to start for us!  M'boro looked two yards quicker than us all over the park and far fitter.

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

So, if M'boro were poor, what does that say about us!?!?

Was going to say the same. What are you smoking Neo? They absolutely played us off the park and should have won about 10-1. Mikel was a different class as expected.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Mercer said:

So, if M'boro were poor, what does that say about us!?!?

Just now, Mercer said:

To me, nearly every team we meet look sharper, faster and fitter.

Always amuses me when Mowbray talks about bringing new players 'up to speed'.  Chapman played for M'boro in Jan. but is deemed not yet fit to start for us!  M'boro looked two yards quicker than us all over the park and far fitter.

At the Riverside earlier this season Boro went down to ten men after about half an hour and it didn't seem to effect them as they came back from a goal down and finished stronger.

Wow. Well all of a sudden we're in a real mess. I hate to say it but a lot of it is down to the manager. Today was an absolute sh*t show from start to finish. No style of play, no method, no creativity and no leadership on and off the pitch. Today was a complete embarrassment, as my dad said, the players looked puzzled by what the manager was saying to them, he was changing formation and tactics every 2 minutes, Dack was playing centre half... It was an utter joke. I've seen him in his post match comments blaming the players, fair enough but he has to take a big slice of the blame here too because his management as of late has been totally inept. There comes a time when a manager has to realise throwing your players under the bus isn't the answer and take some of the blame. Tactics aside, he's making a lot of problems for himself. His use of Brereton has landed us in a really dire situation, his protection of him and constant playing him out wide has seemingly shattered his confidence and the confidence the fans have in him (Brereton) also. I've just spoken to my dad who was rightly saying that he needs to be taken out of the firing line because even sections of the fans are starting to turn on him (wrongly in my opinion). Had he played him through the middle when we first bought him this situation could be quite different. I'm not saying he'd have banged them in but he might have got himself a few and things would be looking a bit rosier. Now the only answer seems to be is to loan him out somewhere. If he goes to league 1 and does well then it's good for us because we might make some money back or he'll have gained much needed experience. If he fails then we have our answer and at least he's not done it on our time. If we were getting beat like we have done these past 4 games whilst experimenting and playing our younger players then I'm sure the fans would be more forgiving but obviously that's not the case. TM desperately needs to learn from these recent results, see the warning signs and crucially stop saying one thing in the press and doing another. He's invited a lot of unnecessary pressure onto himself, I don't like to tear him to bits in this way and it will take a lot more to be questioning his position but results, performances and decision making like this is only going to end up one way. 

There's not a lot a can say about the game. The first half was beyond a joke, I can't recall a performance as unorganised as that under TM, I've seen us play badly but today was just a complete shambles. Williams being sent off was a saving grace for the manager because he was forced into actually having a plan. I'm starting to have serious questions about Mulgrew and was surprised he stayed on ahead of Rodwell, I can only assume for set pieces. I think going forward Charlie has had his day and should now be used as a squad player, same goes for Benno. Graham looks knackered, it's time to bring Armstrong in through the middle and put Rothwell out wide. Nyambe at right back. Reed in the middle. Game time to Butterworth, Davenport and Magloire. Bring in Chapman when fit. Things need freshening up, players with nothing to fear can just add a spark to the current squad and sharpen everyone up, rather than picking the same old same old, it can only help and we have nothing to lose by trying. A lot that he should do, hope he has the bottle to do it else I fear things will get even worse. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Although it hasn't been confirmed I think Rodwell might have been injured. He seemed to be holding his back towards the end of the first half.

He went over to the bench before half-time and seemed to say he would need replacing and Nyambe immediately started warming up.

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Can someone explain why Graham looks knackered,has he some serious long-term physical condition?

Players who can only perform half a season are NO good to us.

I suspect,admittedly without any evidence, that like a lot of older, high-mileage and heavily-built strikers he has a chronic back or hip condition 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Neal said:

Wow. Well all of a sudden we're in a real mess. I hate to say it but a lot of it is down to the manager. Today was an absolute sh*t show from start to finish. No style of play, no method, no creativity and no leadership on and off the pitch. Today was a complete embarrassment, as my dad said, the players looked puzzled by what the manager was saying to them, he was changing formation and tactics every 2 minutes, Dack was playing centre half... It was an utter joke. I've seen him in his post match comments blaming the players, fair enough but he has to take a big slice of the blame here too because his management as of late has been totally inept. There comes a time when a manager has to realise throwing your players under the bus isn't the answer and take some of the blame. Tactics aside, he's making a lot of problems for himself. His use of Brereton has landed us in a really dire situation, his protection of him and constant playing him out wide has seemingly shattered his confidence and the confidence the fans have in him (Brereton) also. I've just spoken to my dad who was rightly saying that he needs to be taken out of the firing line because even sections of the fans are starting to turn on him (wrongly in my opinion). Had he played him through the middle when we first bought him this situation could be quite different. I'm not saying he'd have banged them in but he might have got himself a few and things would be looking a bit rosier. Now the only answer seems to be is to loan him out somewhere. If he goes to league 1 and does well then it's good for us because we might make some money back or he'll have gained much needed experience. If he fails then we have our answer and at least he's not done it on our time. If we were getting beat like we have done these past 4 games whilst experimenting and playing our younger players then I'm sure the fans would be more forgiving but obviously that's not the case. TM desperately needs to learn from these recent results, see the warning signs and crucially stop saying one thing in the press and doing another. He's invited a lot of unnecessary pressure onto himself, I don't like to tear him to bits in this way and it will take a lot more to be questioning his position but results, performances and decision making like this is only going to end up one way. 

There's not a lot a can say about the game. The first half was beyond a joke, I can't recall a performance as unorganised as that under TM, I've seen us play badly but today was just a complete shambles. Williams being sent off was a saving grace for the manager because he was forced into actually having a plan. I'm starting to have serious questions about Mulgrew and was surprised he stayed on ahead of Rodwell, I can only assume for set pieces. I think going forward Charlie has had his day and should now be used as a squad player, same goes for Benno. Graham looks knackered, it's time to bring Armstrong in through the middle and put Rothwell out wide. Nyambe at right back. Reed in the middle. Game time to Butterworth, Davenport and Magloire. Bring in Chapman when fit. Things need freshening up, players with nothing to fear can just add a spark to the current squad and sharpen everyone up, rather than picking the same old same old, it can only help and we have nothing to lose by trying. A lot that he should do, hope he has the bottle to do it else I fear things will get even worse. 

Good post. 

I was confused watching. Bennett was right back next thing he is left wing back. He's a trier, but why does Mowbray think he is undroppable? Makes no sense. 

Brereton out wide at this stage is just now plain stupid. Graham could barely move second half. Why isn't Brereton coming on for him? 

Mowbray is creating a right mess of his own making 

• Like 1