BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes but he's marginally better than Williams. 

We can't keep playing one this week, the other next etc....William's should be out of the picture completely and we should give Bell am extended run.

Honestly I think they are both League 1 players but I think that Williams is marginally better. I would be quite happy though to see both sold in the summer. 

Bell has had a more than extended run he's started 17 of our last 22 games. Two of those games that he didn't start he was injured and then ill and another one at WBA he came on at 15 minutes. Only Raya, Dack and Evans have started more league games than him this season. However despite having got a consistent run in the team he still hasn't really improved and looks a League 1 player.

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Bell as has been pointed out to you has been shite defensively and was also responsible directly for Readings first. I thought Wlliams was ok v Bristol City, its lesser of 2 evils but Bell is a coward of a defender and we can expect crosses galore if he is at full back as he rarely prevents them.

Conway is past it. He was poor and offered no threat midweek and again as others have said he offers us nothing in the future and should be released in the summer. Good servant but has been poor for a couple of years now. 

A tombola system is reserved for the man who put our best 2 players, our only natural right back and Reed all on the bench midweek and played a 7m striker wide, a winger at right back and a midfielder at centre back due to poor recruitment.

There is no point you suggesting a team anyway as even if Mowbray picks a totally different one youll defend it to the hilt!

Bell is better than Williams for me as we have discuss a number of times on here and other sites. it go nowhere. agree to disagree? 

Conway offered no threat? really? By far one of our better players for me. Would I release him? probably but like to see stay on in a coaching or scouting role. 

I pick my team. so what? I'm not a manager. 

I defend Mowbray thinking and the way I think he made decisions instead of going OTT about this player not playing or X, Y, Z. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bell is better than Williams for me as we have discuss a number of times on here and other sites. it go nowhere. agree to disagree? 

Conway offered no threat? really? By far one of our better players for me. Would I release him? probably but like to see stay on in a coaching or scouting role. 

I pick my team. so what? I'm not a manager. 

I defend Mowbray thinking and the way I think he made decisions instead of going OTT about this player not playing or X, Y, Z. 

Even if you can empathise with Mowbrays thinking you have to be able to criticise him when he makes incorrect decisions. Thats not OTT or negative, thats being fair.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You never ever criticise him. Wednesday was a case in point, staunchly defending a team selection you clearly didnt agree with. A team selection that went on to lose to 22nd in the league table.

Wrong Roversfan99. 

The team selection wasnt the problem but missing good chances. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One was Kingsley at Hull, who then came to Ewood and made me think our 2 left backs were Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole.

Pointless debating with such arrogant person. 

You scout players over a period of time. You were worried by Bowen and Grosicki before the game and kept saying how good they were. Bennett and Bell kept them quiet all game. 

Other one was Rico Henry from Brentford

Edited by chaddyrovers

the team I expect Mowbray to pick for tomorrow

Raya

Bennett Rodwell Mulgrew Bell

Travis Evans

Armstrong    Dack       Reed

Graham

The team I expect Pulis to pick

Randolph

McNair   Shotton   Fry     Friend

Clayton Mikel Besic

Howson                           Downing

Hugill

Good to time play Boro when Flint and Ayala out

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong Roversfan99. 

The team selection wasnt the problem but missing good chances. 

I wonder if some of you guys were watching a different game on Wednesday.

It wasn't exactly Bristol City away. We hardly had what you could call a decent chance. In the first half there was one weak shot from Conway that was easily saved - where Reading had the chip from the man in the mask that left Raya floundering and of course the one they put away.

2nd half. We both scored one and apart from that we had a scramble from a corner and they missed an absolute sitter.

44 minutes ago, Husky said:

It wasn't exactly Bristol City away. We hardly had what you could call a decent chance. In the first half there was one weak shot from Conway that was easily saved - where Reading had the chip from the man in the mask that left Raya floundering and of course the one they put away.

2nd half. We both scored one and apart from that we had a scramble from a corner and they missed an absolute sitter.

Ultimately, even if it was as unjust as chaddy is implying, and the game was one that we dominated, there are 2 aspects of the result that Mowbray can be questioned on:

The chances we missed - Our 2 best attackers/finishers were subs and our 7m striker blew a big chance from an alien wide role. His team selection can be criticised.

The goals we let in - 2 more goals conceded of a cheap nature. Our defence had 2 midfielders in it, and is very flimsy and has been neglected with such a small proportion of Mowbrays resources dedicated to it. Hes signed 4 defenders that I can recall, Caddis and Downing were 2 League 1 squad players, a free and a nominal fee, both already left, Bell was again a nominal fee and a really poor defender and Rodwell was a midfielder brought in on a free. The latter 2 were responsible mainly for the goals. He has spent fees on Brereton, Armstrong, Dack, Chapman, Gladwin, Samuel and Rothwell, probably around 11/12m worth there roughly. His recruitment and his organisational skills can be criticised.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Williams is shite

so Bell scores and he get drop? :rolleyes:

Conway? why drop him complete from the squad? 

use the Tombola machine?  

I’d drop bell of a cliffs rather see Gladwin start at Lb Atleast he is a footballer not a failed 100m runner 

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Conway, Bell and Armstrong twice all had good chances. With Armstrong form should have scored at least one. 

anyway this is Boro thread. 

24 minutes ago, Songman said:

If I was playing in our back 4 and it was backs to the wall, I'd much sooner have Williams next to me than Bell. As said above by someone, coward of a defender.

Let's separate the two.  Williams just puts us in the shit everytime he goes near the ball.  He's cack and fair play to him for getting as far as he has in his career with obvious limited capabilities.  

Bell has something but it's not as an out and out defender. He is Tony's buy and I think he would do well in a 352. However, Tony hasn't brought in the 3 at the back who can play the role, so in essence he is not playing to bells strength.  His goal the other night shows where he should be coming from .....can you imagine Del Boy doing that? I cant and there wide midfielder knows this too.....Hull was a good example of what Bell is capable of.

As footballers, Bells technically better, and quicker, can go past a man and has a good shot on him. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

the team I expect Mowbray to pick for tomorrow

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Travis Evans

Armstrong    Dack       Reed

Graham

The team I expect Pulis to pick

Randolph

McNair   Shotton   Fry     Friend

Clayton Mikel Besic

Howson                           Downing

Hugill

Good to time play Boro when Flint and Ayala out

Downing will not start for Boro due to contractual issues.

Not sure but I think he will be on the bench.