BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

"Lamb rogan josh with chips" - bloody hell Chaddy, chips with lamb rj, show a bit of class man!  Anyhow, enjoy!!!

You wanted Paul Hurst to replace Mowbray - wow, are you drunk?

I appreciate the delicacies of Indian rices but must say that chips with many Indian dishes is a joy.

Problem out here is they can't cook a decent chip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

A few weeks ago we played a high intensity, fast passing game against Hull when the consensus of opinion was that it was the best we have played under Mowbray. Since then (10 minutes at Brentford aside) we have been as poor as we have under Mowbray. Has something happened in the interim to cause such an extreme change in form? None of us really know but Mowbray needs to get to the bottom of it. If it's players then weed them out and get shut. If it's him he needs to perhaps review his methods and coaching. Whatever it is (and clearly there is something wrong) it can't be allowed to fester otherwise there is only one way we are going.

Yes I agree our performance was the best Ive seen us played. 

It call started after being 2 nil up at Brentford. what happen I don't know? 

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I do think it's more a case of the players not being up to Championship standard on the whole rather than the manager and his coaching methods myself. Although the team selection was ridiculous yesterday too and he should take some blame. We're about where we should be when you look at our players in my opinion. However the buck starts and ends at the poor recruitment from Mowbray in this regard. A fact he all but acknowledged in his interview last week after the Switzerland trip. The BB signing seems more and more like it was over his head based on his comments that they need to bring in players better than what we've currently got all over the team. He said he knows he's been too loyal to the promotion winners but wanted to give them a fair chance. Commendable in ways but we've wasted a chance to kick on under the upward momentum of last season. Yesterday's back 4 was the worst I've seen us have as a collective 4, ever. 2 of whom were out of position.

our defence seem fine when we winning our 4 games in a row. 

The partnership of Rodwell and Lenihan seem good and kept 3 clean sheets in a row. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He tried no doubt, so credit for that. However his quality on the ball was non existent. His first meaningful pass forward he put straight out of play. Armstrong was about 4 meters away from him. 

He was dropping far too deep. He may as well have been shielding the back four at times. 

Dack was getting annoying and frustrated with the lack of ball to him.

Going on about Dack diet is OTT again 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My biggest frustration with Dack was his positioning yesterday and that was down to the manager. He is currently in poor form but the numbers he provides are underapreciated in terms of goals and assists. We play direct percentage based football 

well what did you expect Mowbray to do 2nd half with 10 men? 

1st half he had to change formation cos we playing 4-2-3-1 formation wasn't working. 

we played better with 10 man?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I agree our performance was the best Ive seen us played. 

It call started after being 2 nil up at Brentford. what happen I don't know? 

our defence seem fine when we winning our 4 games in a row. 

The partnership of Rodwell and Lenihan seem good and kept 3 clean sheets in a row. 

well what did you expect Mowbray to do 2nd half with 10 men? 

1st half he had to change formation cos we playing 4-2-3-1 formation wasn't working. 

we played better with 10 man?

You need to read comments more clearly. I said yesterdays back 4 was the worst I've seen, nothing to do with the defence that won 4 in a row as neither Mulgrew nor Williams were in it. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is it OTT? The club captain said he is always eating mayonnaise and Dack himself said in an interview that his pre-match meal is a full English. It's ludicrous carry on from a highly paid professional. My point is that it shows that the players can do what they like without any fear of being called on it. 

Do you think it is ok to eat a full English the morning of a game? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

He did state that he needs investment though and suggested that he wasn't given enough when he said that:

“At this moment I’m being tasked with trying to take us back there. If it is going to be me than I need the support to do it.

“Otherwise, as has been at clubs I have been at in the past, you don’t quite win enough games, someone else comes in, gets £50m to spend and they get the glory of ‘what a great manager’ when they get back in to the Premier League. That’s football.

“Here I am travelling to Europe to try and get some help from the owners"

That isn't a quote of a man given £10million in summer to spend on 2 strikers.

He also backs my point that i stated about him being loyal to promotion winners when he says:

“At this moment this is practically the same team that got promoted from League One. I know I have been very protective of this team because of the individuals and the character, but I also know we have to help them along the way and we have to bring in players who can make the team better.

“If some of the players in the team currently fall by the wayside because player A is better than them, footballers accept that. I was a player and know that if someone comes in and is better in training and you see that every day, there’s no problem when the manager puts him in the team.”

So I'd say the opposite of your point that he didn't say anything I stated.

What I don't understand is where he says the next manager gets 50 million and becomes a hero. The club either has funds or it doesn't. Why would he not get it if it was Available and likewise why would another manager get 50 million yet he can't have it.

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You need to read comments more clearly. I said yesterdays back 4 was the worst I've seen, nothing to do with the defence that won 4 in a row as neither Mulgrew nor Williams were in it. 

my point the back 4 that got those clean sheets played well and as a partnership. 

Mulgrew was woeful. why I don't know. Williams shouldn't be ahead of Bell

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why is it OTT? The club captain said he is always eating mayonnaise and Dack himself said in an interview that his pre-match meal is a full English. It's ludicrous carry on from a highly paid professional. My point is that it shows that the players can do what they like without any fear of being called on it. 

Do you think it is ok to eat a full English the morning of a game? 

Do you really think he would have a full English on the day of the game? 

Because you don't have a clue what their diet is like and what they eat

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Player ratings.

This is comical, how Can Williams get a 5 and Graham a 6? 

Williams should have been a 2 at most 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17439379.blackburn-rovers-0-middlesbrough-1-player-ratings/ 

Dack, Nyambe, Bell and Travis got 7's which is right. 

Rodwell, Mulgrew and Williams deserve 3's at best

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What I don't understand is where he says the next manager gets 50 million and becomes a hero. The club either has funds or it doesn't. Why would he not get it if it was Available and likewise why would another manager get 50 million yet he can't have it.

I think that is a sly dig from him towards Middlesbrough and Karanka. When Mowbray was there he had to work under relatively tight financial constraints as they balanced the books after Strachan's spending spree, eventually Boro ended up with a couple of near-misses with the play-offs and then slid towards trouble in his 3rd season. Karanka then came in and was given a big budget, got them into promotion contention and eventually backed sufficiently to get them promoted.

Why that is relevant to our current situation I'm not sure. There's no chance any manager at this club getting that sort of money from Venkys and it seems when they do make good money available it comes about in an unexpected manner and has all sorts of strings attached to it.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chaddy, he said it himself in an interview on Soccer am. It's on Youtube

He does go on to say it's a half breakfast early morning. Still a suprise though.

I'd like to know who sits at the back of the bus, smoking fags, beers from the can, V signs and bare arses to other drivers. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

He does go on to say it's a half breakfast early morning. Still a suprise though.

I'd like to know who sits at the back if the bus, smoking fags, beers from the can, V signs and bare arses to other drivers. 

He did, when he noticed the surprised reaction the reporter gave to the answer of a full English.  He says it's all he eats on gameday.

Slow release carbs like porridge should be on the menu on game day. Not a greasy fry up. You eat that if you have a hangover.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He did, when he noticed the surprised reaction the reporter gave to the answer of a full English.  He says it's all he eats on gameday.

Slow release carbs like porridge should be on the menu on game day. Not a greasy fry up. You eat that if you have a hangover.  

Yes that's true.

He said it’s not really a full English, just sausage and beans and a bit of toast. 

I seem to remember a former Rovers player saying he had chicken and beans before a game, which isn’t too dissimilar, and I think he did ok

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you really think he would have a full English on the day of the game? 

Because you don't have a clue what their diet is like and what they eat

So now this has been clarified for you by showing you the video of Dack himself saying it. Do you think it's good that he is eating a fry up as his pre-game meal? 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Player ratings.

This is comical, how Can Williams get a 5 and Graham a 6? 

Williams should have been a 2 at most 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17439379.blackburn-rovers-0-middlesbrough-1-player-ratings/ 

Brereton, Rodwell and Evans would have struggled to get above 3. Mulgrew 2.

I know times have changed but souness tried to improve diet at Liverpool and Ian rush insisted on steak and chips before a game and he didn't do to bad.

I agree with dieticians etc but sometimes it can go to far. If you want to be the best ala Ronaldo/Kane , you will do anything for small gains. I guess Bradley just wants to play football but doesn't have the ambition or drive to push himself to his peak potential