BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Next 6 Games

So as it stands we are de facto 16th, with Sheffield Weds and Brentford having games in hand to overtake us.

We have just lost four on the bounce after manager and player of the month for January.

Our next 6 games:

- Birmingham (away) - (only 3 points ahead but played one game less) - could be a tough game - especially with no defenders. 0 points

- Rotherham (away) - bottom three as it stands but so we’re Reading. 3 points on paper but could go either way. Tony going for a draw but the players showing a bit. 3 points

- Preston (home) - the nobbers will be well up for this. Don’t fancy us to have the bottle. 0 points

- Wigan (home) - well behind us but have hammered us once and Tony doesn’t care about local derbies. Must not lose. 1 point.

- Sheff Weds (away) - having a similar season to Rovers - midtable nothing fixture. 1 point 

- Aston Villa (away) - nowhere near the play-offs and looking like missing out again - but still too good for us. 0 points

Stoke (h), Derby (h), Forest (a), QPR (a), Bolton (h), Norwich (a), Swansea (h) take us up to the Summer.

Hopefully a season we can look back on (purely at the table) and call it a consolidation season (even though it could have been a nearly season) as opposed to hanging-on and frantically updating BBC Sport table predictor.

From last four and next 6, we are staring at one win in 10, maybe even 12, so we need to pull a couple of surprise results out of the bag. Four of our next six are away.

Currently in 2019 we are P8 W4 D0 L4 and have completely undone our good start. Its a tough run with 4 of the 6 away. Optimistically I’ve gone 1-2-3, making our start to the year P12 W5 D2 L7, with 6 points from 18, taking us to 49 and safety.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So as it stands we are de facto 16th, with Sheffield Weds and Brentford having games in hand to overtake us.

We have just lost four on the bounce after manager and player of the month for January.

Our next 6 games:

- Birmingham (away) - (only 3 points ahead but played one game less) - could be a tough game - especially with no defenders. 0 points

- Rotherham (away) - bottom three as it stands but so we’re Reading. 3 points on paper but could go either way. Tony going for a draw but the players showing a bit. 3 points

- Preston (home) - the nobbers will be well up for this. Don’t fancy us to have the bottle. 0 points

- Wigan (home) - well behind us but have hammered us once and Tony doesn’t care about local derbies. Must not lose. 1 point.

- Sheff Weds (away) - having a similar season to Rovers - midtable nothing fixture. 1 point 

- Aston Villa (away) - nowhere near the play-offs and looking like missing out again - but still too good for us. 0 points

Stoke (h), Derby (h), Forest (a), QPR (a), Bolton (h), Norwich (a), Swansea (h) take us up to the Summer.

Hopefully a season we can look back on (purely at the table) and call it a consolidation season (even though it could have been a nearly season) as opposed to hanging-on and frantically updating BBC Sport table predictor.

From last four and next 6, we are staring at one win in 10, maybe even 12, so we need to pull a couple of surprise results out of the bag. Four of our next six are away.

Currently in 2019 we are P8 W4 D0 L4 and have completely undone our good start. Its a tough run with 4 of the 6 away. Optimistically I’ve gone 1-2-3, making our start to the year P12 W5 D2 L7, with 6 points from 18, taking us to 49 and safety.

Preston aside though, its not the worst run. They will probably come and turn us over. Which would be unfortunate. The rest of the games are winnable enough if we manage to get our shit together. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Preston aside though, its not the worst run. They will probably come and turn us over. Which would be unfortunate. The rest of the games are winnable enough if we manage to get our shit together. 

First its Burnley and now its Preston that we are expecting to come to Ewood and turn us over with ease.

That's what having Venkys as owners does for you.

• Like 5

• Backroom

The optimist in me says 5 points out of the next six games. I don't think we'll win any of those away games but we might get a draw against Rotherham (who are rubbish, but so are we). I think we'll probably beat one of Wigan or Preston, most likely Wigan, but I don't see us winning both.

Personally think we'll shithouse Birmingham 1-0 next weekend and I don't get these optimistic tendencies often.

A lot of them fixtures towards the end of the season will be 'dead rubbers' so to speak which should see us pick up a few wins here and there, the Swansea, Bolton and Wigan home games I'm confident will all be 3 points and Mowbray has a knack of picking up wins when he needs them most.

From the next 6 I predict:

Birmingham (away) - 3 points, 1-0 shithousing after going back to basics and defending for 80 mins.

- Rotherham (away) - 1-1, similar to last season.

- Preston (home) - They're a better team than us now their injuries are returning, 1-3.

- Wigan (home) - 2-1, their record isn't fantastic at Ewood and the ref single-handedly gave them a point last season.

- Sheff Weds (away) - 1-1, dead rubber by that point they'll be safe too.

- Aston Villa (away) - in a real slump and can't keep a clean sheet even more than us, pressure on the manager could be excuse for us to go there and attack... So we'll lose 2-0.

8 points from them 6 will put us on 51 and a couple of results in the final 7 should see us with a reasonable mid table finish ahead of a massive summer for us and Mowbray.