BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I'd written off this season after Brentford. I suppose to say it's a write off is a bit far as we could still use this season as experience for the younger players. This squad is going to need some investment to match the ambitions of the manager. 

Who would you like to come in? 

First bit of summer transfer speculation to kick us off... Apparently sourced from one of the red tops... 

https://the72.co.uk/125258/derby-county-blackburn-rovers-among-sides-interested-irish-defender/

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

I'd written off this season after Brentford. I suppose to say it's a write off is a bit far as we could still use this season as experience for the younger players. This squad is going to need some investment to match the ambitions of the manager. 

Who would you like to come in? 

First bit of summer transfer speculation to kick us off... Apparently sourced from one of the red tops... 

https://the72.co.uk/125258/derby-county-blackburn-rovers-among-sides-interested-irish-defender/

Change of underwear for BDS!!

• Backroom

Feels like we're going to be in need of so many upgrades that we'd need summer to be extended indefinitely. Anybody who previously played for us going to be available? That seems to be our main market these days. 

I'd just like us to be quick out of the blocks for one and get the majority of our spending and business done early doors to give the new players a full pre season. Mowbray said he wanted that last summer but it didn't happen as we left it to late on before bringing in Reed, Brereton and Armstrong. I don't expect that to happen as we've still to go through the annual review with Madame in May or June before approval is given to spend and we will be playing catch up whilst all the decent free agents will be snapped up.

The Irish lad must be good if he has 18 months left on his deal and commanding a six figure fee from the league of Ireland. 

I would be genuinely gutted if the Buckley rumours are true. The lad is a real talent and I would say 12 month away from first team football if he keeps progressing like he has. Travis and Buckley could be the future. Sadly once the big boys come calling it's hard to keep hold like the lad who went to Leicester. The best thing he could do is stay before he vanishes for the next five years and ends up being loaned around when he has a real chance of developing here into a first team player.

There are alot of good young players coming through at rovers but Buckley is the one who has that real x factor feel to him.

Edited by Oldgregg86

An overhaul of the defence, and a proper one, has to take priority over anything else, including a permanent deal for the impressive Reed.

We need 2 centre backs, a right back and at least one, ideally 2 left backs, and a goalkeeper. And not back ups or squad fillers, first teamers.

Of course, personnel changes will only go so far and Mowbray has to stop being so negligent and laissez faire with how he organises the team and how much of a priority he sees the defensive side of things.

A striker to compete with Graham would be next on the list, as would a winger and Reed or a replacement. Rodwell if he is signed longer term should be as a midfielder. Bennett and Smallwood should be squad players at best.

1 minute ago, Neal said:

No centre forwards?

Not personally. I'd probably try using some of the strikers we have actually in their position... But then again i wouldn't be playing one up top either.

We could do with one, but there are more gaping holes elsewhere.

Edited by Mellor Rover

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Not personally. I'd probably try using some of the strikers we have actually in their position... But then again i wouldn't be playing one up top either.

We could do with one, but there are more gaping holes elsewhere.

Can't be relying on DG all season again with his knees and being a year older. Desperately need someone to come in to try and fill his shoes. 

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Can't be relying on DG all season again with his knees and being a year older. Desperately need someone to come in to try and fill his shoes. 

Wouldn't have to if we didn't play 90 mins of hoofball and used our other strikers as strikers.

Just now, Neal said:

You mean Armstrong and Brereton? 

I do. Armstrong Brereton Graham and Nuttall. Whether they'll fire us to promotion is a different matter but as strikers they will get us by for now. The more glaring issues are no wingers and no defenders, at all.

We can't sign everyone all at once and we probably won't sign any but just as for about the last 4 windows i'd prioritize a good striker and good centre half to start with, it's not rocket science. Sort the key areas out first, a new back line would be nice but not possible so lets get someone who can command it at least.