BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Edwards has got 5 goals league goals this season for the team that are rock bottom. In our team only Dack, Graham and Mulgrew have scored more. Infact Edwards has more League goals this season than Brereton, Armstrong, Bennett, Rothwell and Conway combined.

Those aren't bad stats, granted, but it's not like our attacking players are a great benchmark for goals, are they? Comments I've heard most of the season from Ipswich fans regarding Edwards actually remind me a lot of the criticism King got when he was here. Runs down blind alleys, poor crossing, not enough useful output or team play. Maybe he'd be better in a decent team, who knows? But my main point was that if you base your transfer strategy on buying League 1 players that is ultimately exactly where you will end up.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Edwards has got 5 goals league goals this season for the team that are rock bottom. In our team only Dack, Graham and Mulgrew have scored more. Infact Edwards has more League goals this season than Brereton, Armstrong, Bennett, Rothwell and Conway combined.

I think that says a lot and a point maybe worth considering is if you sign 3 decent league 1young players and throw them into a team that's crap and destined for the drop anyway they won't make an iota of difference until they are back in that league with that team.

Edwards obviously has something about him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd be looking at the Ipswich goalkeeper bialkowski as real competition for raya

Top notch keeper him, miles better than Raya.

Dack and Graham. The only two players I’d be bothered about if they left, if any of the rest were sold I wouldn’t care if they were replaced. That’s how much quality we have in the squad! I wouldn’t have thought i’d be saying this because I love the man but Mulgrew has looked really off the boil recently, think he needs a game off or two, we could maybe stick Downing in there for a couple of games... Oh. ?‍♂️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butty said:

Dack and Graham. The only two players I’d be bothered about if they left, if any of the rest were sold I wouldn’t care if they were replaced. That’s how much quality we have in the squad! I wouldn’t have thought i’d be saying this because I love the man but Mulgrew has looked really off the boil recently, think he needs a game off or two, we could maybe stick Downing in there for a couple of games... Oh. ?‍♂️

Or Wharton or Platt.

I caught the Charlton v Pompey game on Sky yesterday evening.

Patrick Bauer, Charltons captain at centre back who we were heavily linked with in summer was excellent. Won EVERYTHING in the air, blocked everything, dragged the rest of the Charlton side in to position at set pieces and looked very confident in possession. They don’t call him Big Effin German for nothing - the bloke is exactly the type we need.

I’d also want to bring in another centre back with lots of experience at this level or above as well as him, but Bauer alone would surely be a huge upgrade on each of Rodwell and Mulgrew.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Don Said said:

I caught the Charlton v Pompey game on Sky yesterday evening.

Patrick Bauer, Charltons captain at centre back who we were heavily linked with in summer was excellent. Won EVERYTHING in the air, blocked everything, dragged the rest of the Charlton side in to position at set pieces and looked very confident in possession. They don’t call him Big Effin German for nothing - the bloke is exactly the type we need.

I’d also want to bring in another centre back with lots of experience at this level or above as well as him, but Bauer alone would surely be a huge upgrade on each of Rodwell and Mulgrew.

Bauer probably wouldnt come if Charlton are promoted and anyway we might be swapping leagues the way things are going right now.

10 minutes ago, alcd said:

Bauer probably wouldnt come if Charlton are promoted and anyway we might be swapping leagues the way things are going right now.

He's out of contract at the end of the season isn't he and, last I heard, was refusing to sign a new one

Edited by danger19_80

• Backroom
20 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd be looking at the Ipswich goalkeeper bialkowski as real competition for raya

If we got pre-18/19 season Bart, then yeah, but this season he's been much worse than Raya. Granted he's playing in a poor team but some of his gaffes have been Sunday league standard. Very strange as in previous seasons he's been excellent.

29 minutes ago, alcd said:

Sure we’re much more competitive than Charlton when it comes to wages, if you’ve got that pull there’s not much else counts nowadays really 

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

If we got pre-18/19 season Bart, then yeah, but this season he's been much worse than Raya. Granted he's playing in a poor team but some of his gaffes have been Sunday league standard. Very strange as in previous seasons he's been excellent.

Im just trying to be realistic in who would come, I.e he is effectively a championship goalkeeper in league one, would add competition to Raya without having the right to dislodge him from number 1, someone with experience who Raya could learn off and if Raya is having a dip of form he would be a steady pair of hands. I also like archer from millwall. Out the two I would have archer. Obviously there are better keepers out there but with our budget needed elsewhere I thought he would be a viable option and depending what he is paid Ipswich might want him off the books

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We cannot recall players - I don’t know why people keep mentioning it as a possible solution.

Perhaps, because they just cannot believe we even considered letting  these defenders go out on loan-half way through a season- with the injury records of Rodwell and Mulgrew, not to mention Lenihan,

Just another cheap, Venky make do and mend gamble like with Coyle the last season we went down.

To misquote Szell in Marathon Man.." Are we safe?"

....No!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Rovers linked with Leyton Orient

Striker Macauley Bonne.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Jordan Rhodes is available and Grant Hanley probably. Would you like them to come back?

I'd have a Hanley type if there is one out there and i'd pay a few quid for him, wouldn't have the Heed back himself I think he was too big for his boots here so hopefully he's been humbled a bit since.

Rhodes love him as I do i'm not sure he's what we need now i'd have a proper target man then with the rest we have with the right set up and some better supply lines I feel we still have goals in us.

I’d have Bauer and Hanley in here this summer. Would be pleased with both and just what we need. 

Appears like Mulgrew might be away at the end of season, but I would keep a hold of Rodwell if possible. 

Rhodes would be a hard pass for me.

Edited by Fraserkirky

5 hours ago, neophox said:

Rovers linked with Leyton Orient

Striker Macauley Bonne.

Would be a bit odd to expect a 23-year old striker to jump up three leagues and do the business. We have Armstrong, Nuttall and Brereton all as 'prospects' for up top. If we sign him, he'd better be bloody promising.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Would be a bit odd to expect a 23-year old striker to jump up three leagues and do the business. We have Armstrong, Nuttall and Brereton all as 'prospects' for up top. If we sign him, he'd better be bloody promising.

The Macauley Bonne link is a Nixon, us and Bolton, so essentially made up. Lots of goals though. 

From a £7 MIL apprentice to a cheap as chips National  League player?  Now that part is believeable.

Edited by AllRoverAsia