BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Michael hector rather than oafish Hanley all day long. Genuinely don’t think Hanley would come back here anyway, moved on citing bigger and better ahead for him, he would be returning to a team in similar state to one he left, lower champ 

You think we have more chance of signing a Chelsea loanee, who has been an every present for Sheff Wed(andconsidering our use of Palmer)than we do our former captain and leader who will no doubt be surplus to requirements when Norwich go up?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's what my pal said, he's not first choice when everybody is fit. Having said that he was really outstanding on Saturday in a rough and tumble game. Wether he could do it at our level I wouldn't like to say. I could see why we were looking at him though.

Give McGeouch a wide berth, as a Hibs fan, we was a legend, but light weight, not athletic and extremely injury prone. Had good games for Sunderland but hardly set the Heather alight.

McGinn was hibee to get but we missed that boat, despite my desperate pleas at the time.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Incomings

Liam Lindsey 

Patrick Bauer

Dominic Iorfa 

Jake Bidwell (Free)

Harrison Reed

Will Vaulks

Jon Taylor (Free)

David Mcgouldrick (Free)

Garry Hooper (Free)

There's definitely players out there who can contribute. 

Some very good signings there. ????

17 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Incomings

Liam Lindsey 

Patrick Bauer

Dominic Iorfa 

Jake Bidwell (Free)

Harrison Reed

Will Vaulks

Jon Taylor (Free)

David Mcgouldrick (Free)

Garry Hooper (Free)

There's definitely players out there who can contribute. 

I don't see why Mcgoldrick would leave Sheffield United to join us. Good player though. Excellent target man. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Michael hector rather than oafish Hanley all day long. Genuinely don’t think Hanley would come back here anyway, moved on citing bigger and better ahead for him, he would be returning to a team in similar state to one he left, lower champ 

Yes I really wouldn't bother with him not that they could afford him or he'd come back anyway he was more well known here for being on the lash far too much and often played like it for a spell.

I would however snap your hands off for a player of his ilk i'e no nonsense big solid defender who doesn't bottle it when a big opposition forward launches himself at set pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

You think we have more chance of signing a Chelsea loanee, who has been an every present for Sheff Wed(andconsidering our use of Palmer)than we do our former captain and leader who will no doubt be surplus to requirements when Norwich go up?

Pretty sure hector is out of contract and no reason we couldn’t be in for him 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see why Mcgoldrick would leave Sheffield United to join us. Good player though. Excellent target man. 

If they got to the premier league I don't think they'll sign him up again. They'll look to bring in a younger quality forward.

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Bidwell is a cracker of a shout to be fair if it’s true he’s on a free

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia he signed a 3 year contract in July 2016 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray has met with Whiteman from Donny about summer move to rovers. Hull also in for him

Why do we keep buying League One players?

But also why are we looking to bring in another young midfielder? The priority right now is replacing the older players in the squad. Graham, Conway and Mulgrew, not just positionally but their experience. We have enough youngsters that Mowbray won’t play.

We also need a new goalkeeper first.

I’ve a horrible feeling that the issues we see as fans aren’t going to be addressed. Mowbray’s Smallwood-Evans comments haven’t helped.

Just now, Stuart said:

Why do we keep buying League One players?

But also why are we looking to bring in another young midfielder? The priority right now is replacing the older players in the squad. Graham, Conway and Mulgrew, not just positionally but their experience. We have enough youngsters that Mowbray won’t play.

We also need a new goalkeeper first.

I’ve a horrible feeling that the issues we see as fans aren’t going to be addressed. Mowbray’s Smallwood-Evans comments haven’t helped.

Miles better than owt we have right now

38 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Is this real world or Sparks world?? We've already got one Walter Mani Mitty on here...

Seriously mate. I'm certain Tony is reading. He's been in for talks. Good young player, schooled at man utd,  fergie's lad loves him.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That's very true, but not my point. 

Which league managers do you know? You didn't say. 

I’m not splashing that all over here pal. I spoke once on one person and it resulted in lots of similar but weird reactions like yours. Because it turns out that some don’t want any real insight or direct opinion. They just want to be amongst others who share their (usually negative) rhetoric.

You do know that people in football are just people? They’re not make belief? That they live in and around us? They have friends and friends of friends like anyone else...

The person who said that TM and Veno are very good coaches is a current league manager. I might also be able to get an opinion on Whitehead from Doncaster from someone who I think will have worked with him directly last season.

If you don’t believe me, that’s fine. I’m genuinely not bothered either way. I was just making a point to you in my previous post.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not splashing that all over here pal. I spoke once on one person and it resulted in lots of similar but weird reactions like yours. Because it turns out that some don’t want any real insight or direct opinion. They just want to be amongst others who share their (usually negative) rhetoric.

You do know that people in football are just people? They’re not make belief? That they live in and around us? They have friends and friends of friends like anyone else...

The person who said that TM and Veno are very good coaches is a current league manager. I might also be able to get an opinion on Whitehead from Doncaster from someone who I think will have worked with him directly last season.

If you don’t believe me, that’s fine. I’m genuinely not bothered either way. I was just making a point to you in my previous post.

I don’t want opposition managers to tell us that Mowbray and Venus are good coaches.

I want our football and results to be the judge of that.

It’s all well and good calling things “negative rhetoric” to try to shut down other’s opinions but it doesn’t mean jack out in the “real world” where we’ve had two wins and one draw in 12 matches and the manager publicly states that he prefers the midfield line up that played in the 9 defeats.

Stick to discussing the issues and stop calling people negative just because you don’t like “the truth” to be dealt with in facts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not splashing that all over here pal.

You already have, you've just not said which one.

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I spoke once on one person and it resulted in lots of similar but weird reactions like yours.

Weird? You 'splashed' on here that you speak to current league managers and coaches. I was just asking you who they were. If you can't remember that's fine. 

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That's a revelation. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The person who said that TM and Veno are very good coaches is a current league manager

Without a name that's a fairly meaningless statement. It's there to add weight to your argument, I get that,  but it actually detracts from it. If the basis of your argument is unquantifiable then you have no argument. It just comes across as 'make belief'. Which brings us back to Walter Mitty….

• Like 1