BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Butty said:

I’d rather have Marquis from Donny. Scored a lot of goals over the last three years for them. Can play the Graham role but is a lot more mobile than DG also, good player. 

I also like Henderson at Rochdale who scores plenty of goals in a very average team but I think age is against him.

Team next season should look something like this if we want promotion;

Raya/New

New Lenihan New New

Travis New     

Arma       Dack     Rothwell

Graham/New

Potentially 6 new starters, an almost impossible ask. 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rodwell is obviously a class player in terms of ability but he seems to be just playing within himself. He could wear the same kit every week without washing it. You need more commitment and ability to get around that area of the pitch rapidly from whoever plays in that role. 

Dino Baggio and Dario Marcolin had the same spotless kit issues, good passers of the ball but any English league midfielder needs to do a hell of a lot more than just jog stroll waiting for the ball.

• Like 1

Starting to think a replacement for Graham might not be what we need if we want to progress. Don't get me wrong, the lad has been absolutely brilliant this season, my player of the season without doubt BUT... If we are to progress as the manager wants us to and play a different brand of football then we're going to need someone a bit more mobile and versatile I think. Graham is great at what he does but it can make us a bit one dimensional. If we want to to play quicker, sharper more expansive football then we're going to need someone who can drag centre halves into positions they don't want to be in. Players like this who can finish aren't easy to find though. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

Starting to think a replacement for Graham might not be what we need if we want to progress. Don't get me wrong, the lad has been absolutely brilliant this season, my player of the season without doubt BUT... If we are to progress as the manager wants us to and play a different brand of football then we're going to need someone a bit more mobile and versatile I think. Graham is great at what he does but it can make us a bit one dimensional. If we want to to play quicker, sharper more expansive football then we're going to need someone who can drag centre halves into positions they don't want to be in. Players like this who can finish aren't easy to find though. 

Norwich managed to find one on the cheap. Of course if all you know is English League players it gets a lot harder.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like a new keeper is a certainty , Leuts is in the shop window I think.

Or being afforded enough games to trigger a years extension ?

He's a TM signing after all and Tony looks after his players.

Interesting that Norwich’s ‘big money’ last summer signings weren’t necessarily the players that fired them to promotion. No Marshall or Rhodes in the team last night. That Hernandez only joined (on a free) in January. 

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Anyone else think Dack is off in the summer and the club are happy to facilitate it? I'm just thinking of the Mowbray quotes at the Fans Forum about him being sold to create a transfer fund and Dacks performances since.

Reminds me of when Lambert went out of his way to sell Rhodes. 

Genuinely can’t see who is buying him at the no doubt high fee that the V’s will command. WBA always seem to have held the strongest interest, but that was under their former gaffer.

Agreed also with a couple of posters on Rodwell. Let him move on IMO - he just doesn’t have the gonads anymore. Would be more suited to somewhere on the continent where he can stroll around and pick a pass without breaking a sweat.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Anyone else think Dack is off in the summer and the club are happy to facilitate it? I'm just thinking of the Mowbray quotes at the Fans Forum about him being sold to create a transfer fund and Dacks performances since.

Reminds me of when Lambert went out of his way to sell Rhodes. 

I think we will sell if there is a decent offer. Whether there is a decent offer and what we would consider a worthwhile bid remains to be seen, although I think it'll be lower than people expect. Much like when we moved Cairney on. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's out of contract in the summer.

I think the suggestion is that Mowbray is giving Leutwiler game time as "a favour" to give clubs an opportunity to look at him before he's released on a free. It might have backfired somewhat considering he's managed a clanger in pretty much every game, although in fairness he made a few good saves last night to keep the score respectable. 

Just now, DE. said:

I think we will sell if there is a decent offer. Whether there is a decent offer and what we would consider a worthwhile bid remains to be seen, although I think it'll be lower than people expect. Much like when we moved Cairney on. 

I think the suggestion is that Mowbray is giving Leutwiler game time as "a favour" to give clubs an opportunity to look at him before he's released on a free. It might have backfired somewhat considering he's managed a clanger in pretty much every game, although in fairness he made a few good saves last night to keep the score respectable. 

I thought Leuts did ok last night. He got caught on his line for the first one but apart from that he didn't do much wrong. He looked like Gordon Banks compared to their goalie. He got down for Travis's shot like he was getting into bed ! Just a shame we didn't give him more to do.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Rodwell must NOT be given a contract. Last night showed, and it’s been evident before, he has neither the legs nor the balls for midfield.....Norwich went past him with incredible ease. 

Dack needs to sort his head then maybe his shape will follow. Unfit physically and mentally.....a complete passenger last night 

Armstrong....where do I begin? At times he’s “ got it “ but ....most games he either can’t find it or can’t be arsed to find it. Much improvement needed particularly in attitude. I believe at Newcastle they called him “Little Shearer” .....it must have something to do with the ale they drink....

Bennett.....thanks ...but it’s 1 season too far. If Mowbray has him anywhere near the staring line up next season.....I fear for our survival. 

Mowbray.......we need to see action, not words Tony....and , during the close season, I hope you find this “ front foot “ ...you keep talking about

We COULD be on the up.......but are you brave enough Tony to play the right players in their right positions .....and show the door to the luxury players , the unfit players ....and the down right not good enough to wear the shirt players?? 

We  shall see !!!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Norwich managed to find one on the cheap. Of course if all you know is English League players it gets a lot harder.

Its definatley possible, just have to take the risk. 

All these posts point to the need for real leaders and for signings unambiguously better than we have.

I know BB has not produced yet but I would prefer three prem league level signings to six pick ups from League One.

For all the moans and groans, the current squad and emerging talents would deliver a solid mid table again next season.

We need a spinal injection to progress.

• Like 3

I think we need a minimum of six new players.  Six additions who can go straight in and make an impact.

A goalkeeper, centre back, left back, winger with real pace, central midfielder and a striker.

I don't think Mowbray can pull that off.  His player trading suggests to me he neither has an eye for a player nor the contacts.

Huge question mark over Dack.  Does he really want to be here?  Other than the Derby game, IMO, his performances in recent times suggest he doesn't.  The problem is his value will have collapsed like a pack of cards.  Can't see any club coughing up much more than £5m.  Venky's and Mowbray might want £15million to £20million but that boat sailed a long time ago.  Good clubs and operators know when to sell - Bob Lord at Burnley was a master at it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

• Backroom

The problem with Rodwell is that he only seems to impress in games with less pressure or where he comes on when we're already winning. We need players who will impress on a game we're struggling in, like last night. At least Travis made an impact by pushing forward, getting a shot away and reducing the deficit, which I think had a big impact on how us and Norwich approached the game past the 25 minute mark. Rodwell in comparison did very little to change anything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think we need a minimum of six new players.  Six additions who can go straight in and make an impact.

A goalkeeper, centre back, left back, winger with real pace, central midfielder and a striker.

I don't think Mowbray can pull that off.  His player trading suggests to me he neither has an eye for a player nor the contacts.

Huge question mark over Dack.  Does he really want to be here?  Other than the Derby game, IMO, his performances in recent times suggest he doesn't.  The problem is his value will have collapsed like a pack of cards.  Can't see any club coughing up much more than £5m.  Venky's and Mowbray might want £15million to £20million but that boat sailed a long time ago.  Good clubs and operators know when to sell - Bob Lord at Burnley was a master at it.

5m for an attacking midfielder with 14 goals and 7 assists? Behave.

• Like 9