BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lets just enjoy the fact that we currently have them both , imagine if both played at their full potential in a rovers shirt next season.... ???

• Like 6

My take of Dack vs Rothwell.

1. Complete different players. 

2. Rothwell is so one footed, playing him at number 10 wouldnt work in my opinion.

3. Dack’s final ball, shot, decisions are (statistically and just from watching games) better, come off more, and lead to more attempts, goals ergo points.

4. There’s no legitimacy in saying Rothwell has a better passing range. If you’re talking legitimate things he has on Dack, speed and trickery is about it. Strength, consistency, final ball, finishing, movement, etc - all been shown by Dack more than Joe.

5. Dack isn’t lazy. This idea comes from peoples view of his private life, and his figure/shape imo (remember early days of Duff?) He works hard yet doesn’t have the fitness/defensive prowess of someone box to box. Could be fitter guaranteed.

Rothwell isn’t lazy either, but in the few games he’s played, I’ve watched him let runners go, shrug when lose the ball, and not track properly.

So to summarise. Rothwell could be a fantastic flying winger, and is a/will turn out to be brilliant signing (much like Dack) but to compare the two ignores lots, and when it’s used to further pad/justify the opinion we should sell Bradley- Im just glad those making the decisions wouldn’t think like that.

Finally - question for anybody who thinks our recruitment is poor - do you think we will sign someone as good in their position as either Joe or Brad this summer?

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Biz said:

2. Rothwell is so one footed, playing him at number 10 wouldnt work in my opinion.

3. Dack’s final ball, shot, decisions are (statistically and just from watching games) better, come off more, and lead to more attempts, goals ergo points.

4. There’s no legitimacy in saying Rothwell has a better passing range. If you’re talking legitimate things he has on Dack, speed and trickery is about it. Strength, consistency, final ball, finishing, movement, etc - all been shown by Dack more than Joe.

5. Dack isn’t lazy. This idea comes from peoples view of his private life, and his figure/shape imo (remember early days of Duff?) He works hard yet doesn’t have the fitness/defensive prowess of someone box to box. Could be fitter guaranteed.

Rothwell isn’t lazy either, but in the few games he’s played, I’ve watched him let runners go, shrug when lose the ball, and not track properly.

So to summarise. Rothwell could be a fantastic flying winger, and is a/will turn out to be brilliant signing (much like Dack) but to compare the two ignores lots, and when it’s used to further pad/justify the opinion we should sell Bradley- Im just glad those making the decisions wouldn’t think like that.

Finally - question for anybody who thinks our recruitment is poor - do you think we will sign someone as good in their position as either Joe or Brad this summer?

Only bit of that I disagree with is that Rothwell will end up a winger. I do get what you're saying about his one footedness, but I see him eventually as a floating number 10 who drifts wider than Dack does, and scores less goals.

I'm really amazed anyone can have a go at Dack. He's had poor games sure but he regularly scores goals, makes assists and on his day is sensational.

• Like 1

Why are we even comparing them? They both primarily play two different positions. Shots, passing accuracy and all that jazz will be different for each position. Rothwell has played some games in midfield while Dack is essentially a striker in reality if somewhat deeper. Rothwell will have better passing stats while Dack will obviously have better shooting stats. 

Anyhow, pointless comparison if you ask me. Just be thankful we have both of them and that TM is now actually starting to play them both in the same team. And Dack at 5 million laughable too. Sure, his second half to the season has not been as good as the first (correlates with our teams performance as a whole though) and his value might not have climbed much higher than the 15 million we rejected from WBA but it wouldn't have fallen either. 

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Only bit of that I disagree with is that Rothwell will end up a winger. I do get what you're saying about his one footedness, but I see him eventually as a floating number 10 who drifts wider than Dack does, and scores less goals.

I'm really amazed anyone can have a go at Dack. He's had poor games sure but he regularly scores goals, makes assists and on his day is sensational.

He’s not a standard winger, think we’d agree on that - wide forward maybe in my 433, or 442, definitely on the left cutting in.

As for Dack - the standard argument for keeping rhodes (which I agreed with mind) was simply the impact in goals/points, it’s exactly the same as Brad- our most important player!

Just now, JacknOry said:

Why are we even comparing them? They both primarily play two different positions. Shots, passing accuracy and all that jazz will be different for each position. Rothwell has played some games in midfield while Dack is essentially a striker in reality if somewhat deeper. Rothwell will have better passing stats while Dack will obviously have better shooting stats. 

Anyhow, pointless comparison if you ask me. Just be thankful we have both of them and that TM is now actually starting to play them both in the same team. And Dack at 5 million laughable too. Sure, his second half to the season has not been as good as the first (correlates with our teams performance as a whole though) and his value might not have climbed much higher than the 15 million we rejected from WBA but it wouldn't have fallen either. 

100%

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biz said:

I think Dack was one of the best signings we’ve EVER made when you consider the cost, context and his impact on our team. 

Rothwell and Armstrong can now be classed as good signings from last summer. Both have made their mark. 

My understanding is that Davenport and Chapman have both begun to really impress now and are set to feature heavily in a team aiming for promotion next season.

There’s still also no waivering in their belief in B.B...up until the last couple of games I hadn’t seen any of the signs they talk about (pace, dribbling, runs in behind and finishing). I’ve seen signs of the first three in our last couple of games and the finish vs Bolton was excellent. It’s no surprise that he’s started to play more and looked more comfortable since we moved towards a more technical, possession based style of play. Almost as if they planned hi signing to match a future way of playing and probably explains the lack of game time so far...at just turned 20 I’m not going to write him off. That stance could come back to bite a few on here..

In terms of the summer, I’m optimistic as ever. The European market is a fantastic option and their are plenty of players who could improve on what we have. The manager and the club remain transparent on their expectations. I just hope the scheduled meeting in India goes Mowbrays way.

• Like 3

You always got the feeling that when Rothwell got that monkey off his back that the goals would flow a little easier. He was having plenty of attempts, hitting the bar, post and keepers pulling off good saves. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full season of being a starter - which is what he has to be now in my opinion. Him being on the pitch would benefit Dack too as it gives teams two dangermen to worry about. Teams learned that if you stop Dack you stop us and so would double/triple up on him at times but this will ease once they realise they have Rothwell to worry about as well. 

Armstrong/Chapman on the other side as well. We certainly have the players now in the three behind that can give teams nightmares. Just no more of this 2.5 attackers please for next season, lets go for it a bit more.

• Like 4

It is certainly understandable that people are frustrated at Dacks dip in performance level these last few months, albeit it coincided with the whole team really.

But there seems to have been a somewhat collective writing off of our best player with many concluding that he should be sold. I suspect that it will only be once he leaves that we appreciate how important he is. When hes on form, with his flair, his tricks and his nutmegs he is a joy to watch, but ultimately its his goal contributions that make him so valuable. In a team that for most of the season has been set up very much to the detriment of flair players really, very direct, "defensive wingers" etc he has got 14 league goals and 7 league assists.

Rothwell looks a real talent and one who ultimately should have been used far more this season, especially with the 2 and a half forward crap. But ultimately he has 8 league goals in his whole career, and yes he tends to play wide but it would be incredibly presumptious to assume that he could replicate those numbers if he moved inside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think Dack was one of the best signings we’ve EVER made when you consider the cost, context and his impact on our team. 

Rothwell and Armstrong can now be classed as good signings from last summer. Both have made their mark. 

My understanding is that Davenport and Chapman have both begun to really impress now and are set to feature heavily in a team aiming for promotion next season.

There’s still also no waivering in their belief in B.B...up until the last couple of games I hadn’t seen any of the signs they talk about (pace, dribbling, runs in behind and finishing). I’ve seen signs of the first three in our last couple of games and the finish vs Bolton was excellent. It’s no surprise that he’s started to play more and looked more comfortable since we moved towards a more technical, possession based style of play. Almost as if they planned hi signing to match a future way of playing and probably explains the lack of game time so far...at just turned 20 I’m not going to write him off. That stance could come back to bite a few on here..

In terms of the summer, I’m optimistic as ever. The European market is a fantastic option and their are plenty of players who could improve on what we have. The manager and the club remain transparent on their expectations. I just hope the scheduled meeting in India goes Mowbrays way.

People who have criticised him will be as happy as anyone else should Brereton come good. From where is the belief that Chapman and Davenport are potential first teamers next year?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People who have criticised him will be as happy as anyone else should Brereton come good. From where is the belief that Chapman and Davenport are potential first teamers next year?

I think we all assume that those 2 were brought in as 1st teamers. Do you think they were brought in for the under 23s? 

Sorry if it's been brought up earlier in this thread, but Joe Ledley, on a free transfer. Would that be a good/realistic signing? No idea what kind of level he possess at the moment. 

32 years old, would bring a lot of experience to the team. Left Derby due to lack of game time it seems.

From the AZ - Heracles game, I hope that we were watching some of these:

AZ:

Thomas Ouwejan 22 year old LB. 2 goals and 7 assists in 30 games.

Oussama Idrissi 23 Year old LW. 8 goals and 7 assists in 31 games.

Albert Gudmundsson 21 year old RW. 6 goals and 3 assists in 23 games.

Teun Koopmeiners 21 year old CDM and CB. 7 goals and 1 assist in 30 games.

And the AZ keeper Marco Bizot is pretty good.

From Heracles:

Adrian Dalmau 25 year old striker. 16 goals and 4 assists in 29 games.

Kristoffer Peterson 24 year old winger. 12 goals and 5 assists in 31 games.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, rickard said:

Sorry if it's been brought up earlier in this thread, but Joe Ledley, on a free transfer. Would that be a good/realistic signing? No idea what kind of level he possess at the moment. 

32 years old, would bring a lot of experience to the team. Left Derby due to lack of game time it seems.

Used to be a player that i would have been happy to bring in a few years back.

He's been a free agent since end of jan/start of Feb and currently still clubless. 

Possibly worth a look but 32 years old and wages might be a problem.

18 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Can't say I've had an in depth view, but I've seen Eredivisie highlights a fair few times this season & he's stood out.

Tricky winger who can turn a full back inside out and create something, but he's also fairly physical and seems to score headers/poachers goals, with Mowbray's favour of wide strikers I'm also hoping we've got an eye on him.

33 minutes ago, Swanson said:

From the AZ - Heracles game, I hope that we were watching some of these:

AZ:

Thomas Ouwejan 22 year old LB. 2 goals and 7 assists in 30 games.

Oussama Idrissi 23 Year old LW. 8 goals and 7 assists in 31 games.

Albert Gudmundsson 21 year old RW. 6 goals and 3 assists in 23 games.

Teun Koopmeiners 21 year old CDM and CB. 7 goals and 1 assist in 30 games.

And the AZ keeper Marco Bizot is pretty good.

From Heracles:

Adrian Dalmau 25 year old striker. 16 goals and 4 assists in 29 games.

Adam Maher available for free this summer at AZ.

1 hour ago, rickard said:

If we are going to rehabilitate players then let them be young ones there's a list here in recent years containing a load of over 30s who usually ended up being paid off.  Mulgrew & Graham are rare exceptions and if this lad has been free for a while there's a reason probably not a good one or maybe a greedy one.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead

Some points from the last few posts, cba quoting them all.

Healthy discussion is great, but to downplay Dack's importance to this side is incredible, he's obviously the best footballer at the club.

Rothwell is great on the ball, I'm just happy we are getting to see more of him. The difference in contribution between him and Dack is like night and day.

(Though granted, he's had far less game time).

If Brereton comes good and fires us to promotion, we all win. Does it matter if some people we've never met/are never likely to meet got it wrong at that time?

• Like 1