BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

19 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Dack's stats were on display during the Norwich game. 1st across the board - dips in form or no.

Yeah if an innocent bystander was watching the game then he would have thought something has happened to the real Dack, and this was his fatter doppelganger. It was a woeful performance, record or not. There have been plenty of performances of that ilk from him this season which is a big reason why I don't see him getting a big money move this summer, which is what he really wants I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah if an innocent bystander was watching the game then he would have thought something has happened to the real Dack, and this was his fatter doppelganger. It was a woeful performance, record or not. There have been plenty of performances of that ilk from him this season which is a big reason why I don't see him getting a big money move this summer, which is what he really wants I think. 

What player doesn't want that

I can't see it either and I can't see us selling him on the cheap. Big season coming up for Dacky. 

Dack hasn't looked properly fit to me since afterthe (second?) international break and Preston away. Was speaking to a Leeds fan a few days ago who said that if Dack was at Leeds, Bielsa wouldn't accept him in that condition and it would take him 6-8 weeks to get into shape to play the way Leeds do.

I thought it was a fair point and I think that if Dack was under a manager like Bielsa and fully bought into the ethos he could be scarily good and add another ten goals at least on top of this season's tally.

Not that I'm advocating it mind. I want to see BD at his best all season here not anywhere else.

43 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Only as good as your last game in my opinion and Dack hasn't had a good game for yonks.  Rothwell looked good against a premier league team in Norwich,  Dack looked like a plodder 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

My understanding is that Davenport and Chapman have both begun to really impress now and are set to feature heavily in a team aiming for promotion next season.

If true, then it's even stranger that Davenport has yet to make the bench. Sure, he will probably get a run in the last game, but why give it just one game when we have been safe for 4? If we plan to use the guy heavily next season, now was the time to find out if he may be up to it, before doing our summer business. I'm sure he has been fit for longer than Chapman?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17606086.lenihan-on-his-and-rovers-future-after-first-season-back/

LT proof reading at its finest.

Mind you I had a Secretary who always put the words in but got 'not' and 'now' mixed up. I have no idea why as the keys are nowhere near together but it was a problem in a sales environment so I used to just have to construct the letters to accommodate this.

Just now, Neal said:

Crap source, any truth in it? Can imagine lots of players like this coming for trials. 

https://the72.co.uk/129570/blackburn-rovers-bring-non-league-attacking-prodigy-in-on-trial/

Pete O'Rourke on Twitter mentioned the same earlier today, completely ignored it though as like you say there will probably be a hundred lads in for trials etc over the summer.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Only as good as your last game in my opinion and Dack hasn't had a good game for yonks.  Rothwell looked good against a premier league team in Norwich,  Dack looked like a plodder 

Yeap - Rothwell, in time, will be superior to Dack. Both will be key for us next season mind you.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Pete O'Rourke on Twitter mentioned the same earlier today, completely ignored it though as like you say there will probably be a hundred lads in for trials etc over the summer.

O’Rourke is usually reliable for us, called Dack and Rothwell IIRC.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 01:36, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He ain’t coming. Wants to stay at Saints, or at worst down south. Move on.

If you are going to but in, please read the earlier posts so that you know the gist of the discussion.

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dack looked like his old self for the last 20-25 mins against Wigan I think it was after Graham went off and we stopped hoofing the ball long.

The difference in him was quite uncanny. It was like someone had flicked a switch.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Dack looked like his old self for the last 20-25 mins against Wigan I think it was after Graham went off and we stopped hoofing the ball long.

The difference in him was quite uncanny. It was like someone had flicked a switch.

Jaguar Land Rover announced today it is to build next generation of Defender in Slovakia. And the weather's going to be cold and grey over the Bank holiday.

Is Danny Graham to blame for those too? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Jaguar Land Rover announced today it is to build next generation of Defender in Slovakia. And the weather's going to be cold and grey over the Bank holiday.

Is Danny Graham to blame for those too? 

You may not like it but it happened.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Dack's thoughts: the workhorse has gone so I better get off my fat arse

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

People who have criticised him will be as happy as anyone else should Brereton come good. From where is the belief that Chapman and Davenport are potential first teamers next year?

This is the buzz and chatter around the club. Do you not believe that Chapman and Davenport will be in the first team mix next year?

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You may not like it but it happened.

Take it you disagree with DG winning player of the year then Rev seen as you’ve slagged him off all season. Who would you have given it too? 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

This is the buzz and chatter around the club. Do you not believe that Chapman and Davenport will be in the first team mix next year?

Of course but it didnt come across as just you giving your opinion, my mistake. To be honest, I am very unsure that they can come in and play key roles in a serious play off push, its very much unknown. From previous usage of him and quotes about him, Mowbray has no trust in Chapman and sees him solely as a sub and would prefer a Bennett or a Conway trudging up and down.

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Some points from the last few posts, cba quoting them all.

Healthy discussion is great, but to downplay Dack's importance to this side is incredible, he's obviously the best footballer at the club.

Rothwell is great on the ball, I'm just happy we are getting to see more of him. The difference in contribution between him and Dack is like night and day.

(Though granted, he's had far less game time).

If Brereton comes good and fires us to promotion, we all win. Does it matter if some people we've never met/are never likely to meet got it wrong at that time?

You say Dack is the "best footballer at the club" and I agree but he should then win Rovers "Player of the Year" shouldn't he?

But, despite the stats, we all know he's under-performed in comparison to his natural talent.

Or, more worryingly, he can only show that sort of form in League 1.

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

But, despite the stats, we all know he's under-performed in comparison to his natural talent.

I'm confused, he has over 20 goal contributions this season, similar to his League 1 campaign. He's playing in a tougher division, and still scoring and assisting at a pretty similar rate. In what way is he under-performing?

No worries. I’m only saying what I hear.

There’s little doubt that the major reason Chapman was seen as an impact sub was a) because his body couldn’t cope with 90 mins and b) because of his age...well he’ll be another year on and they’re working tirelessly to strengthen his body so he can play 90 mins. The feeling is that he will absolutely terrorise defenders for long periods now...

Davenport started and played a full season for Burton and will be two years on from then in September. Injuries have set him back but he’s seen as technically talented and experienced at this level.

Both are seen as young players now ready to impact the first 11. I can’t wait to see Davenport on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, 47er said:

You say Dack is the "best footballer at the club" and I agree but he should then win Rovers "Player of the Year" shouldn't he?

There’s a difference between being the best ‘footballer’ and being player of the year though. The former is a skill based, purist opinion of how someone plays the beautiful game. The latter is the person who has impacted the most games through Skill, grit, determination etc...

His stats tell you that he has NOT underperformed over a season. His stats are better than our player of the year Graham. But on closer inspection you can see how inconsistent he’s been and allied with his reputation for off the field antics and lifestyle, fans feel underwhelmed. That he’s let them down at times. 

The truth is, if he was able to maintain the type of form he’s shown in patches this season over 40 games and therefore multiply his goals and assists then he wouldn’t play for Blackburn Rovers. He’d be playing in the Premier League.

• Like 3

Not seen anything of Davenport but certainly not convinced he and Travis are the answer in midfield.  Not for a promotion push next year anyway.

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in.  Hope he doesn't fall into thinking Williams is the CB answer.  Decent cover but that should be all.  

We definitely need a big,strong unit up front and at the back.  It would also be great to have a N'zonzi size lad in the middle.  Spend on those positions, a keeper and left back.

There are enough under 23s to bring through and replace others.

I'd be actively trying to offload Mulgrew, Evans, Smallwood, Samuels.  As well as clearing the decks with Conway, Leutweiler, Nuttall and Gladwin.

Regarding Dack, I don't think we can lose with the lad.  He will either go for silly money this summer (most likely) or he will be here next year having to knuckle down.