BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, rigger said:

Up to December I would agree with you, after December I would disagree on the vast majority of games. I cannot comment on Swansea away as I missed that game. Rather than squabble over our personal opinions, let's wait till the close season and see how many bids come in for him.

You mean to tell me you’ve used that method and at the end of a game you’ve decided that for £750,000 Dack wasn’t worth it?

how?

Just now, Paul Mani said:

That list is so subjective. From its colours to the groups. No offence but it’s barely worth a mention.

Subjective? On a football messageboard? That's a scandalous accusation!!

• Like 9

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Neither look like pacey wingers to me

You’re not wrong. I’ve been saying a while I like Jon Taylor from Rotherham, similar sort of player to Chapman. Small, pacey and good at running at defenders. Wouldn’t mind him at all.. Who knows though, Mowbray may have found something better abroad. We’ll wait and see 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

You mean to tell me you’ve used that method and at the end of a game you’ve decided that for £750,000 Dack wasn’t worth it?

how?

Yes, because in a majority of games since December he has produced next to nothing and has not made a great effort. If I was a scout I would be saying to my club Dack would be a risk, a luxury player that not many teams should take the risk with. You keep mentioning £750,000 I hope that is what he was worth when we took the risk. Not what he is going to cost now.

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

I think if we're looking at goalkeeper cover for David Raya, we couldn't go far wrong with Karl Darlow at Newcastle. Older head sure, but as a 2nd fiddle keeper, he'd bring much needed experience to a dressing room that could be without a Craig Conway for next season.

He's not getting any game time at Newcastle, and I think his contract only has a year left. He's not played consistently for a few years but if we are to let Jayson Leutwiler go, he's a perfect challenger for Raya IMO.

614218997_download(23).jpeg.7737a79f434d8a68cd5f67b745203711.jpeg

Good call. Visits Manchester often so I'm told and could be looking for a move to the area... sign him up!

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray's Signings to-date

Bradley Dack
Richie Smallwood
Adam Armstrong

Harrison Reed

Paul Downing
Marcus Antonsson
Mitchel Candlin
Paul Caddis
Kasey Palmer
Jack Payne
Rekeem Harper

Dominic Samuel
Ben Brereton
Sam Hart
Amari'i Bell
Jack Rodwell
Joe Rothwell
Harry Chapman
Brad Lyons
Jacob Davenport
Joe Nuttall
Jayson Leutwiler
Ben Gladwin
Charlie Albinson

Those in green are who I would class as successful first-team signings. Those in grey are players who have been in and out the door (Reed will be on that list soon). Those in black are basically the rest - however you want to put it (jury is still out, the jury has spoken, haven't seen enough of them, not ready for the first-team, etc.).

What does everyone make of that list? Does Mowbray need to be bolder in this window and bring in players who are going to oust the "maybe's"? Has Mowbray simply been doing a squad-building process since our transfer embargo under Bowyer? Or will Mowbray keep a tight ship and allow some of those signings a chance?

Well it looks like Tony's marquee signing of Whittingham made such an impression on everybody that he's been consigned to the dust bin of history. Bererton or Antonnson ? That's a tough one. At least Antonnson looked like a goal scorer occasionally. If you rolled them both together you wouldn't have a Danny Graham.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Of the middle group in grey, he should have got more than he did from Palmer. Downing was an OK standby.

At the time Palmer left us, opinion here was that it was a mistake to not play him more and we’d regret not getting the best out of him. Maybe Mowbray is a better judge of talent than many give him credit for as Palmer has hardly set the league on fire since he left us

94E3C55E-724C-4EE2-902E-9C3134F8CA76.png

I’d like us to sign a good LB, Bauer plus another good CB, a good strong midfielder that can put a tackle in, and a striker to take the load off DG and in case BB doesn’t push on this season. 

I hope Travis, Rothwell, Nyambe, and Magloire can continue to develop and get first team minutes but we need the above if we want to consolidate in this league, never mind make a run at the playoffs. 

As its Venkys, who knows what we’ll end up with, but I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll have a productive season and move on from where we’re ending this season? 

I love this time of year, when every shite player we have can somehow miraculously be sold off in June and we can build a team around Lenihan, Travis and Dack. 

Long may it continue.... 

Fact is, we really must move quickly with a decent signing or two early this summer if we are to show we mean for a serious playoff push... I dont think we can keep some of our players out of the transfer gossip as the 16th best Championship team gearing up for another season with a so so squad.

Start with announcing a few end of contracts like Bauer etc (as soon as Charlton are done) and then make the splash in CM.

If we build it... they will come (or be happy to stay!)

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

EFL just announced new rules for transfer window.  Championship clubs deadline is 1 week before premier League kicks off.  That includes loan signings.

League 1 and 2 have till end of August

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1123980467789864960?s=19

For anyone else who uses an ad blocker...

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/efl-clubs-approve-split-approach-to-transfer-window/

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Why?  This a good or bad thing?

If you use ad blocking software, it can stop annoying pop ups or ads (I don’t see any ads when browsing this site on my phone). However, from time to time it can stop certain links from working. Twitter often uses shortened links that some blockers don’t like.

I’ve just posted the full website version of the link for ease.

2 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

At the time Palmer left us, opinion here was that it was a mistake to not play him more and we’d regret not getting the best out of him. Maybe Mowbray is a better judge of talent than many give him credit for as Palmer has hardly set the league on fire since he left us

94E3C55E-724C-4EE2-902E-9C3134F8CA76.png

He has been linked to Norwich and Sheffield united for 4 million in today's papers

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Anyone heard seen that clip from BBC Lancashire Sport this evening? Wow...puts paid to Tony’s loyalty! ?

It's the most active I've seen him! Talks a good game and tbh I'll admit, I loved watching that clip. See if his actions match it in the next few months. 

• Like 2

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Which begs the question why give out contract extensions and make it harder to get rid of them.

Credit it where it is due though. That is what we were all waiting to hear. All boils down to Tony's eye for a player which isn't great going off the list earlier.  I hope he gets it right because I would love nothing more than for this man to be the guy to take us forward. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

If you use ad blocking software, it can stop annoying pop ups or ads (I don’t see any ads when browsing this site on my phone). However, from time to time it can stop certain links from working. Twitter often uses shortened links that some blockers don’t like.

I’ve just posted the full website version of the link for ease.

Ah, that's probably why when I click a Twitter link here nothing happens.