BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Quite clear he is not lumping Lenihan in with the rest of the 'defense' having said he wants to keep Dack and Lenihan as his best players. Think Mulgrews days may be numbered, in the first eleven at least. Cb or two, a LB and some competition for Nyambe at RB please. 

Wowza, that must have been Arya Stark wearing Tony Mowbrays face...

The question is, where did this penny start, that it's taken 10 months to drop?

RE: the defenders. I know there is a stat out there about Mulgrew and his contribution to the poor defense but I'd love to see one regarding goals conceded when Bennett is at RB compared to Nyambe.

We'll have Lenihan (?), Nyambe, Bell, Mulgrew and Williams around the squad next year... meaning we need a minimum of 3 more. If they come in as starting LB, CB and even RB to join Lenihan then so be it.

Might be an exciting summer after all.

• Moderation Lead

Mowbray certainly saying the right things, and I’d love nothing more than for him to deliver them!

But, if Venky’s ownership has shown us anything, it’s that actions speak louder than words. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

“67 goals. They’ve shown they can’t do the job at this level. New defenders are coming, and the current ones know it.”

He’s right. Half the goals we let in were from idiotic blunders.

That’s a new goalie, RB and CH then for starters.

Mate....it’s a bloody LB for starters. Bell is awful

Edited by Paul Mani

His comments don’t surprise me. There’s been a lot said on here and people suggesting that he’s going to blindly stick with this player or that one...but that makes no sense at all. Why would he risk getting himself the bullet to keep a player who has proven he cannot cut it? Fair enough, he said he’d give them a chance and he has. But I was always confident that he’d have the metal to replace anyone who wasn’t up to it...it makes no sense for him personally to persevere!? 

• Backroom

Let's see what happens in the summer. Ever since Venky's came in we've heard nothing but talk from various people, but action and results have been in short supply. I think Mowbray is genuine in his desire to act on his words, but it's about more than just bringing in the right players. It's about promoting a system and a style of play which gets the best out of those players. If he can get both parts of the equation right then we could have a fantastic 19/20 season. If he gets one right and one wrong then we likely finish mid-table again. Get both wrong and we're looking at a relegation battle. 

Mowbray is doing his best, of that I have no doubt. It's time to see if his best is good enough. His comments suggest he's very confident of bringing in new players, as he's sticking the knife into a fair few of the current squad. Rightly so, but it could be a bit awkward if we end up fielding many of those players next season. Hopefully that won't be the case. 

One thing I am happy about is that Mowbray clearly sees what many of us see - that despite consolidation this season we have some glaring problems which should be setting alarm bells ringing at Ewood. Seems like for the manager at least those are being heard loud and clear. His reaction to those warnings this summer will determine whether he's here in 20/21 or somebody else is in the hotseat with the club hitting the reset button for the umpteenth time under Venky's ownership.

• Like 3

“67 goals. They’ve shown they can’t do the job at this level. New defenders are coming, and the current ones know it.”

Hurrah. But why didn't he do something about it during the season? And how much of the frailties are down to his coaching?

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Who’s that fella? I don’t recognise him but he’s a breath of fresh air. Antonio Mowbrinho, did you say?

I really hope that it’s going to be as easy as he thinks. Fellas like Wagner and Farke have a slight advantage to Saltburn’s finest in that they have the contacts and the inside track on the market.

It’s great that he seems so passionate (all of a sudden) about recruiting value from overseas. More power to him. I just hope it isn’t at the total expense of the likes of Butterworth, Wharton et al. Some experience, some quality - including the experienced ready made imports - plus some talented youth coming through from the bench. If he gets that balance right it could be a good season next season.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

His comments don’t surprise me. There’s been a lot said on here and people suggesting that he’s going to blindly stick with this player or that one...but that makes no sense at all. Why would he risk getting himself the bullet to keep a player who has proven he cannot cut it? Fair enough, he said he’d give them a chance and he has. But I was always confident that he’d have the metal to replace anyone who wasn’t up to it...it makes no sense for him personally to persevere!? 

The problem is the contracts. Thats what people are mainly worried about, the needless dishing out of extended deals for the likes of Mulgrew, Smallwood, Evans and Bennett make it nigh on impossible to shift them one would suspect.

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That list is so subjective. From its colours to the groups. No offence but it’s barely worth a mention.

If it had been just one list my reaction would have been exactly the same. There's a lot of players but an inadequate number of successes.

• Backroom

Exactly the stuff we wanted to hear from Tony, hopefully the backing is there and he does what’s needed

• Like 1

Jesus I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mowbray so hyped up! Ruthless fired up TM, go on my son! He seems genuinely excited.. Was a joy too watch that really, I bloody hope he gets it right, I’d love nothing more. 

• Like 3

So yes, this list may have taken more effort than I should've put into it, considering probably not a single one of these players will sign for Blackburn now I've decided they're decent ;) But here's a list of players, mostly England based, but a few from Holland and Belgium, I think we should be going after. Obviously not all of them, but definitely three or four.

My favourite is Wilfried Kanon at ADO Den Haag. There's a link to a YouTube video for him, and if you take nothing from this list but watching that video - I'm happy.

BASED IN ENGLAND:
Karl Darlow - Newcastle - GK - [£2,000,000] - Aged 28
Patrick Bauer - Charlton/Free Agent - CB - [FREE] - Aged 26
Jake Cooper - Millwall - CB - [£3,000,000] - Aged 24
Marcus Maddison - Peterborough/Free Agent - CAM - [FREE] - Aged 25
Sam GallagherSouthampton - ST - [LOAN or £5,000,000] - Aged 23
Josh Vela - Bolton/Free Agent - CM - [FREE] - Aged 25
Jon Taylor - Rotherham/Free Agent - RM/LM - [FREE] - Aged 26
Christian Walton - Brighton - GK - [£2,500,00] - Aged 23
Danny Williams - Huddersfield/Free Agent - CM - [FREE] - Aged 30

BASED IN HOLLAND:
Adam Maher - AZ/Free Agent - CAM - [FREE] - Aged 25   (YOUTUBE)
Wilfried Kanon - ADO Den Haag - CB - [£3,000,000] - Aged 25   (YOUTUBE)   - quite easily my favourite player on this list, can play CB or CDM, just watch the video!
Samir Memisevic - FC Groningen - CB - [£2,000,000] - Aged 25    (YOUTUBE)

BASED IN BELGIUM:
Dylan Batubinsika - Royal Antwerp FC - CB - [£1,500,000] - Aged 23    (YOUTUBE)

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

So yes, this list may have taken more effort than I should've put into it, considering probably not a single one of these players will sign for Blackburn now I've decided they're decent ;) But here's a list of players, mostly England based, but a few from Holland and Belgium, I think we should be going after. Obviously not all of them, but definitely three or four.

My favourite is Wilfried Kanon at ADO Den Haag. There's a link to a YouTube video for him, and if you take nothing from this list but watching that video - I'm happy.

BASED IN ENGLAND:
Karl Darlow - Newcastle - GK - [£2,000,000] - Aged 28
Patrick Bauer - Charlton/Free Agent - CB - [FREE] - Aged 26
Jake Cooper - Millwall - CB - [£3,000,000] - Aged 24
Marcus Maddison - Peterborough/Free Agent - CAM - [FREE] - Aged 25
Sam GallagherSouthampton - ST - [LOAN or £5,000,000] - Aged 23
Josh Vela - Bolton/Free Agent - CM - [FREE] - Aged 25
Jon Taylor - Rotherham/Free Agent - RM/LM - [FREE] - Aged 26
Christian Walton - Brighton - GK - [£2,500,00] - Aged 23
Danny Williams - Huddersfield/Free Agent - CM - [FREE] - Aged 30

BASED IN HOLLAND:
Adam Maher - AZ/Free Agent - CAM - [FREE] - Aged 25   (YOUTUBE)
Wilfried Kanon - ADO Den Haag - CB - [£3,000,000] - Aged 25   (YOUTUBE)   - quite easily my favourite player on this list, can play CB or CDM, just watch the video!
Samir Memisevic - FC Groningen - CB - [£2,000,000] - Aged 25    (YOUTUBE)

BASED IN BELGIUM:
Dylan Batubinsika - Royal Antwerp FC - CB - [£1,500,000] - Aged 23    (YOUTUBE)

Good work that matey, props too you. On a quick glance of the video that Kanon does look a player, saying that though so did Goodwillie on the YouTube video I watched of him when we first signed him ? But surely the time has come for a player to translate YouTube sensation in too an actual decent player for us... Glad too see two players I’ve mentioned in Williams and Taylor make the list ;) I’ll have a gander at those I’m unfamiliar with ??... We should sign Batubinsika for the name alone, he could be our new Zurab Khizanishvilli (Definitely spelt that wrong, can’t be arsed checking google for the correct spelling)  

Just now, Butty said:

We should sign Batubinsika for the name alone, he could be our new Zurab Khizanishvilli (Definitely spelt that wrong, can’t be arsed checking google for the correct spelling)  

Honestly when I saw that name on my stat scouring mission I thought the exact same thing. It'd be the name on the back of my shirt for sure!

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Honestly when I saw that name on my stat scouring mission I thought the exact same thing. It'd be the name on the back of my shirt for sure!

Came through the academy at PSG, impressive. He’s got some pedigree.. Sign him up ?

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hurrah. But why didn't he do something about it during the season? And how much of the frailties are down to his coaching?

I think he has known this for sometime and given them the opportunity of a year to try and prove themselves. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Mowbray certainly saying the right things, and I’d love nothing more than for him to deliver them!

But, if Venky’s ownership has shown us anything, it’s that actions speak louder than words. 

They’ve very rarely refused to release the cash. The key here is whether we can find the right talent. 

I keep watching the clip of him over and over. It’s bloody brilliant! The final part about defenders leads you to believe that some of the defender deals are already agreed. He’s so confident at that point. 

Reading between the lines, I think they’re confident of getting the funds to spend a lot of cash this summer in order to get promotion. Having accepted that if they fall short they will have to cash in on an asset or two next season to balance the books....

Bloody hell, get me my renewal price over ASAP so I can get paid up for next season!! ???

*Joking aside I really hope some people come back next season. The lads and Tony deserve it. You never know how many exciting seasons there will be.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

They’ve very rarely refused to release the cash. The key here is whether we can find the right talent. 

I keep watching the clip of him over and over. It’s bloody brilliant! The final part about defenders leads you to believe that some of the defender deals are already agreed. He’s so confident at that point. 

Reading between the lines, I think they’re confident of getting the funds to spend a lot of cash this summer in order to get promotion. Having accepted that if they fall short they will have to cash in on an asset or two next season to balance the books....

Bloody hell, get me my renewal price over ASAP so I can get paid up for next season!! ???

*Joking aside I really hope some people come back next season. The lads and Tony deserve it. You never know how many exciting seasons there will be.

Have to admit I watched it about 5 times too. His finger bashing on the table was a favourite part of mine. Defenders (bash), well I have no defense. New defenders are coming (bash). In no uncertain terms he has said that the're not good enough collectively at this level. 

Its completely right though, how many goals were down to individual errors from the likes of Williams, Bell, Raya and Mulgrew this season? You could argue that the way we've set up a lot has invited pressure on them too but they should be doing better. Also, how many times did we bottle it collectively in the last 15 minutes? Going from winning to losing in a matter of minutes - thats mental strength if you ask me.