BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I find this attitude totally bizarre, its one prevalent with Waggott in particular.

Supporting a football club isnt a responsibility, but if it could be considered one, it would be to all those who already go, they are the hard core. I go and would have almost certainly found the funds if it had have gone up a hundred quid or two, id have been very annoyed but its a priority to me so I would have gone and paid.

The ones who arent going are by their very notion, floating fans, people who arent as arsed about attending every game. Shifting blame onto them or passively aggressively blaming them for lack of income will not work. You have to make it appeal for them to come back.

Waggott seems to be insistent throughout his reign on suggesting that the products there, the fans have to come back of their own volition. Hes the one with the keys to controlling that, more than anyone.  Little things like closing certain stands, surcharges, when season tickets are released, moving kick off times etc are all secondary to the main thing which is price. Whilst those not attending at the moment may be not doing not necessarily due to price, but putting the price up would have done nothing to get them back. Thankfully, he has at least kept the prices the same, whilst im not convinced that the season tickets are cheap enough to appeal to many to those out of the habit, I think a rise would have almost eliminated any chance of that happening so fair play to Waggott for at least freezing prices.

Do you think a scheme like Burnley *spits* had would help? A free season ticket next year if we get promoted this year?

• Like 1

On 03/05/2019 at 15:42, Oldgregg86 said:

High wages but has lived and played in the north west.

Gary Cahill anyone

I realise how highly unlikely this is but he did say older PL players on higher wages.

Supposedly off to fulham so would come to a championship club. 

Would be a massive sign of ambition and would help attract other players . Exactly what we need. How doable it is would be anyone's guess

Perhaps a more accessible presently-PL CB recruit might be Phil Jagielka who, if a report of Everton's 2-0 victory over the Dingles last night is to be believed, will be out of contract this summer and "is likely to be offered the opportunity to remain at the club he joined in 2007. However, a desire to play regularly means that he could look elsewhere, having made only four starts this term."

We may only get 1 season out of him, but perhaps that would buy us the time to develop Lenihan & some of the even younger players.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Do you think a scheme like Burnley *spits* had would help? A free season ticket next year if we get promoted this year?

I think for that to be successful people would have to believe we have a genuine chance of going up. Considering our lower mid-table finish this season, and the fact we've never even broken into the playoffs under Venky's, I'm not sure those who are currently absent will have any faith in promotion occurring next season or in the near future. Didn't we have some kind of promotion pledge before we went down that promised either frozen or reduced ST prices should we go up? It always felt like a joke because the club was slipping further and further away from being able to realistically challenge. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

You don’t have to employ anyone that you don’t want to. Pretty sure that agents are not a protected characteristic against which there are grounds for discrimination - although give it time. :rolleyes:

Of course youre right but selection has to be transparent. Selecting one person over another on just because you dont like a person's agent alone will be 's against the law if proved. It is like you cannot select a person for a job because you dont like the colour of the other applicant's hair.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree that agencies aren’t great. But dealing with SEM was never the problem. It was the control that SEM once had over the club that was the real problem. That issue no longer exists, ergo...

......hopefully.

Or we were too low down the food chain for the bigwigs of SEM to be interested

Hopefully whatever controlling share they had has been got rid of once and for all and the satellites are nothing more than sleeping ones the audits should've left a clear picture.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Of course youre right but selection has to be transparent. Selecting one person over another on just because you dont like a person's agent alone will be 's against the law if proved. It is like you cannot select a person for a job because you dont like the colour of the other applicant's hair.

This debate could get very silly if we carry on. Ultimately you do not have grounds to claim discrimination under the Equalities Act Unless it is for certain characteristics. Hair colour or no hair (sadly) are not protected unless it can be proven that it is linked to race or age or one of the other 7 factors.

14 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

That's not right, Rovers is a business they can deal with who they want . If they do not want to deal with a player and their agent (or because of ) there is no law that says they have to.*

*As long as it not factually based on any discrimination laws, which sewer rats  agents are not covered under as a whole profession.

Edited by perthblue02

Hope it’s that Vlap guy from Heerenveen, he looks like a skinny Dennis Bergkamp.

Jacob Murphy the guy from Newcastle that cant get a game, left winger. Ran us ragged in the cup game. Would like him

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Don't think he was at any Herenveen game, but AZ got some good players. He supposedly was at the AZ - Heracles match.

I always thought Heerenveen should change their name to Heerentheer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Bottom  of the article  suggests  Mowbray also looking  at Carson much prefer him out of the two.Hart is useless

×1000.

I'd prefer we got a proper goalkeeping coach in and brought the best out of Raya to either of them but yes, you're right about Hart.

One of the worst keepers I've ever seen at professional level. In fact I'd go so far as to say my ST will remain unused and go to waste if we sign him.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2