BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

Bottom  of the article  suggests  Mowbray also looking  at Carson much prefer him out of the two.Hart is useless

Like Hart, another poor goalkeeper who should never have won England cap. No to both of them. 

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nixon making stuff up? Surely not...

It's typical Nixon and the way he steals a living peddling nonsense. He knows we are after a keeper, he knows Hart will be available. In Nixon's world 2+2 equals 5.

• Like 2

Don’t see Joe Hart coming here for various reasons. Carson is more likely but I doubt either will end up here. The story is probably true in the sense we will enquire about both players. But that’s as far as it will go imo. 

Edited by rovers11

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

×1000.

I'd prefer we got a proper goalkeeping coach in and brought the best out of Raya to either of them but yes, you're right about Hart.

One of the worst keepers I've ever seen at professional level. In fact I'd go so far as to say my ST will remain unused and go to waste if we sign him.

Really?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Scotland1 said:

Tomer Hemed on loan at QPR, 32 on a free this summer from Brighton.

Perfect stand in replacement for Graham

At two whole years younger than him? Not really very long term....

The way I look at Hart is credibility.

Right now there is no credible alternative to Raya and he knows it. No matter how professional he is or how hard he works, he knows that he is (or was) first choice. That means that his motivation is only ever 99%. I’m glad that Mowbray has finally lost patience with the goalkeeping situation and admitted that it isn’t good enough.

Having Hart here means genuine competition as Raya would no longer be the default choice. Raya needs to be hurting after having Leutweiler picked ahead of him and get into Summer training burning to win back his number one jersey. He is still very young for a goalkeeper, and still has his best years ahead of him - if he wants it enough.

Hart needs a fresh start, out of the limelight and a chance to get back to playing football and feeling valued. All goalkeepers make mistakes but when you play for City, United, Liverpool or other those mistakes will be made into a huge deal by the press - mainly because at that level the margins between success and failure are so fine. De Gea is one of the best keepers in the world, certainly Europe, but is out of form and seems to be humiliated on a weekly basis. Goalkeepers cannot have a poor run of form like other positions because you are immediately exposed with nobody to tidy up for you or cover.

Is he really any worse or less error-prone than Paul Robinson was?

All that said, I don’t think he will be at Ewood next season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really?

Yes. 

I thought it was the funniest thing ever when the Dingles signed Hart. I laughed so hard.  And true to expectation they looked nailed on for relegation with him in the side, and only picked up once he was axed.

So to summarise:

1) He's (extremely) crap and

2 ) Is on an extortionate wage

What could go wrong?

Actually if there is a grain of truth in it and he is even under any sort of consideration then it tends to show Mowbray's thinking for next season that he would prefer a rubbish "experienced" player to a good young one.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes. 

I thought it was the funniest thing ever when the Dingles signed Hart. I laughed so hard.  And true to expectation they looked nailed on for relegation with him in the side, and only picked up once he was axed.

So to summarise:

1) He's (extremely) crap and

2 ) Is on an extortionate wage

What could go wrong?

Actually if there is a grain of truth in it and he is even under any sort of consideration then it tends to show Mowbray's thinking for next season that he would prefer a rubbish "experienced" player to a good young one.

Im not saying it would be anything other than a brainless signing, luckily one Mowbray has rubbished, but itd make you leave an already bought season ticket to collect dust as a direct result? 

Just now, Swanson said:

TM on Joe Hart: "He's not someone we've spoken about so I'm not sure where that has come from, wheter it's agent driven to try and create a story. I'm not sure".

Reporter driven by the imposter jock hack.

Just now, Swanson said:

TM on Joe Hart: "He's not someone we've spoken about so I'm not sure where that has come from, wheter it's agent driven to try and create a story. I'm not sure".

Given Mowbray's past pronouncements, and his tendency to do the exact opposite of what he says, I'd suggest Hart will be in goal for us next season.

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, Swanson said:

I hope that’s true, he’s not good enough. He should go and play out his last couple of years in the MLS. 

I think we have some genuine quality in that squad now and some good young Championship players who will only get better. 

Davenport, Travis, Lenihan, Dack, Rothwell all have the ability to be quality 1st team Championship players. 

Chapman, Butterworth, Armstrong, Nyambe, Raya, Bell all look at least to be Championship squad players. ( I think Butterworth will be the best of the lot)

What's missing is 4 or 5 quality 1st teamers to go with the first group of players. I think we'll probably get 2 or 3 as the LT said the other day that 'wholesale arrivals aren’t expected this summer' 

GK, RB or LB, CB, LM, CF are hopefully the positions being looked at.  

• Like 2