BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, 47er said:

I don't mind "giving them an opportunity". The problem is that the 'opportunity" lasted the whole season or most of it.

And it came at the expense of younger players who proved they could do better.

Really? The younger players showed they could do better? I'll give you Rothwell and Travis, the rest weren't given enough time to prove or disprove the second statement

11 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Third time lucky! But in all seriousness why would we focus on signing a player like him when we have Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong, Chapman, Butterworth all vying for attacking midfield roles? Our need is much greater in other areas. With limited resources we need to focus on defence and strikers.

Judge had a really badly broken leg when he was at Brentford. Just prior to the bigger clubs moving in on him. As I recall he was out for over a year. That's a bad injury which ever way you look at it. He never got back into contention at Brentford afterwards and they moved him on to Ipswich. I'd suggest if he isn't seen as being good enough at Brentford he isn't good enough for a Rovers team looking to get into the play offs. It's a shame really because I liked him when he was with us, reminded me a lot of Johnny Price out on that right wing.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Really? The younger players showed they could do better? I'll give you Rothwell and Travis, the rest weren't given enough time to prove or disprove the second statement

Yes really! They are the ones I was thinking of! Thanks. Both became regulars too late.

But Macgloire, Chapman ,Nyambe, Davenport and Buckley could have been given more chances and they certainly didn't have time to prove much.

Nyambe is a bit different, he had an extensive run early on but latterly hasn't featured. 

13 minutes ago, den said:

Well maybe, but it possibly depends on what we want. I’m talking about having a squad good enough for promotion and I think we’re a long way from that. 

I can probably see where you are coming from but then again we have taken a lot of points from teams in and around the top 6 and then failed to turn up against teams like Rotherham. We need more consistency in the defensive areas to push us up there. 

Just now, Neal said:

I can probably see where you are coming from but then again we have taken a lot of points from teams in and around the top 6 and then failed to turn up against teams like Rotherham. We need more consistency in the defensive areas to push us up there. 

We also need to stop changing the team every week and we need everyone playing in their best positions

• Like 5

Just now, 47er said:

Yes really! They are the ones I was thinking of! Thanks. Both became regulars too late.

But Macgloire, Chapman ,Nyambe, Davenport and Buckley could have been given more chances and they certainly didn't have time to prove much.

Nyambe is a bit different, he had an extensive run early on but latterly hasn't featured. 

Nyambe can't be classed as a young anymore he has been in and out of the first team for many a season.

Rothwell was a first teamer at another club so I wouldn't say he was one of the inexperienced players.

The others gave glimpses but only that. It does not prove anything. We've had many a young player do this but never mount to much. time will tell.

Nyambe can't be classed as a young anymore he has been in and out of the first team for many a season.

Rothwell was a first teamer at another club so I wouldn't say he was one of the inexperienced players.

The others gave glimpses but only that. It does not prove anything. We've had many a young player do this but never mount to much. time will tell.

Can't be classed as young? The lad is 21.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd still like us to sign Alan Judge. He's the kind of creative Att Mid we could do with. 

Never recovered after his leg break.

Not sure he's what we need.  

Frankie Kent at Colchester big 6.3 centre half raised by arsenal and schooled in Essex been a standout in league 2. Ball playing centre half who’s done well under ex Burnley centre half McGreal.

Sammie Smozdics looks another Dack/Rothwell type but still looks a cut above, I’d take him, he’s on a free too.

Edited by Scotland1

Totally agree but seems to have the offical role of Team Scapegoat

Bennett has the 6 most successful tackles completed stat in the whole of the championship, not to mention he can cross usually some Nyambe struggles with greatly.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Bennett has the 6 most successful tackles completed stat in the whole of the championship, not to mention he can cross usually some Nyambe struggles with greatly.

Bennett can't cross. He floats the ball to the back post regardless of what is required . Did you see that effort against Norwich?  

Grant you the tackles stat does surprise me though

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

Bennett can't cross. He floats the ball to the back post regardless of what is required . Did you see that effort against Norwich?  

One effort isn’t exactly indicative though.

Id have to disagree, generally he gets forwards and does ok, we’ve scored a few this second half of the season due to his balls in.

Problem position could be centre midfield. Reed & Rodwell gone. Two genuinely talented players who should've played there more. 

That only leaves Travis, Evans, Smallwood, and the untried Davenport. 

Smallwood should be moved on but if we dilly-dally this summer there's every chance he'll still be here come August.

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Amo said:

Never recovered after his leg break.

Not sure he's what we need.  

He's 31 in November as well so at the wrong end of his career unfortunately. It's a shame he wasn't properly utilised when we brought him back to the club in the 13/14 season. Not a Bowyer type player sadly, with a different manager in charge he could have really helped push us forward. He only lasted half a season under GB. I believe Judge signed a new 2 year deal at Ipswich last month so I imagine he's there for at least the next season. If they fail to get promoted I could see him moving elsewhere if he has a good year.

Just now, Amo said:

Problem position could be centre midfield. Reed & Rodwell gone. Two genuinely talented players who should've played there more. 

That only leaves Travis, Evans, Smallwood, and the untried Davenport. 

Smallwood should be moved on but if we dilly-dally this summer there's every chance he'll still be here come August.

Evans/Travis/Davenport might be an acceptable three to rotate in those positions. If it was up to me Evans would never have been given a new contract but now that he has I fear we'll have little choice but to try and make use of him. 

As for Smallwood, unless we release him on a free I can't see much interest in his services. Another one whose new contract will hinder the need to move him on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So we keep playing him until he is what 25 or 30? At what stage does he become experienced? I'd say 2.5 seasons should be enough

The whole point of my post was that we haven't kept playing him!!

Whether he's experienced or not he's still one of those young players who hasn't played enough! Are you still saying he isn't young whereas Rothwell is?

Just now, DE. said:

Evans/Travis/Davenport might be an acceptable three to rotate in those positions. If it was up to me Evans would never have been given a new contract but now that he has I fear we'll have little choice but to try and make use of him. 

You really think the three of them will be enough to carry us through a 46 game season if we harbour any hopes of promotion?