BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

15 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Nymabe with more first team experience!

105 1st team appearances for Rothwell, 97 for Nyambe!

But bizarrely we seem to be agreeing! You say above he's been the scapegoat and I agree!

Should have played more-------yes?

• Backroom
Just now, Amo said:

You really think the three of them will be enough to carry us through a 46 game season if we harbour any hopes of promotion? 

Unlikely, but we have so many other positions that need addressing that I'm not sure how many we can realistically expect to bring in at CM. Especially if we can't shift Evans or Smallwood. We might get one more in, a loan perhaps, but that would likely mean Davenport going back out on loan. I am not optimistic.

I think that despite our lack of depth in CM we need to sell Evans and Smallwood quickly and look to buy 3 CMs. Two CMs who are first teamers and a covering player

In defences we need at least two depending on our budget. Priorities are a another CB and LB. Nyambe might have some potential due to his age but Bell has shown he isnt up for this league IMO.

Having Chapman fit again will be like a new signing on the wing but we still need 1 forward to add a bit of depth. Graham is getting older and an injury to him leaves us knackered.

We need to hope we keep hold of Dack for another year. Although saying that I can't see an obvious destination for him apart from the relegated Prem Clubs spending the cash to go right by up,  Huddersfield?.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

We also need to stop changing the team every week and we need everyone playing in their best positions

Said exactly the same myself. 

Look at Burnley (not that I want to). They got promoted by playing the same eleven week in week out.

We need to spend pre-season figuring out this new style, pick and eleven that works and go with it. No experiments, goalkeeper changes, players playing for the sake of it or random resting.

Thats what most teams get wrong in this league.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Best signings for me would be Reed and Rodwell. Why does Mowbray look any further when he's unlikely to find better? 

Isn't it the case that Reed wants to impress the new boss at Soton and isn't interested in a permanent move to Ewood?

Not read back through the thread and I'm sure he'll have been mentioned but Jagielka would be the perfect player to bring in. The right type of mentor to Lenihan and a proper leader. Sadly I think his wages will be out of reach.

• Like 2

Remember how we all beat ourselves up for not signing Gwion Edwards from Shrewsbury after he ran us ragged playing for Ipswich in the first game of the season?

Remember Gwion Edwards?

Remember Ipswich?

Remember Premier League football?

Because if this summer's signings are not good enough to bring iPL football back to Ewood I am not really interested because we already have enough talent at the club including the youngsters to avoid relegation next season.

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

105 1st team appearances for Rothwell, 97 for Nyambe!

But bizarrely we seem to be agreeing! You say above he's been the scapegoat and I agree!

Should have played more-------yes?

Personally yes....but in the end it appears that Mowbray is unsure at best, who is better Bennett or Nyambe. I said earlier that I think Nyambe would be better as the wide centre half if we were to go to a three. If we are to stay as a back four we need two better full backs than the pair of them, as well as two better left backs.

At around 100 appearances each I would say both Nymabe and Rothwell are experienced enough to be considered as first team regulars rather than inexperienced youngsters is all I was trying to say.

• Backroom

Reed won't be coming back here, I'm sure of that. Even if he does go back out on loan I think it'll be with a club that can better utilise his talents. 

Wouldn't offer Rodwell a new contract. Plays fine when things are going well, totally ineffective when the going gets tough. Exactly the type of player we need to avoid. 

• Like 5

Just now, philipl said:

Remember how we all beat ourselves up for not signing Gwion Edwards from Shrewsbury after he ran us ragged playing for Ipswich in the first game of the season?

Remember Gwion Edwards?

Remember Ipswich?

Because if this summer's signings are not good enough to bring iPL football back to Ewood I am not really interested because we already have enough talent at the club including the youngsters to avoid relegation next season.

Just because it hasn't worked for him at Ipswich does not mean it would work for him here. Problem at Ipswich, hurst bought too many with no chmapionship experience at once. I've not seen enough of him but I've seen enough of Armstrong out wide to say that is not the answer and we need an upgrade.

Before any players are signed Mowbray needs to review his fitness staff. The last 15 minute goals against stat that was posted a month or so ago shows to me that the team isn't fit enough.

After that bring in a central defender. Gary Cahill anyone?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Yes really! They are the ones I was thinking of! Thanks. Both became regulars too late.

But Macgloire, Chapman ,Nyambe, Davenport and Buckley could have been given more chances and they certainly didn't have time to prove much.

Nyambe is a bit different, he had an extensive run early on but latterly hasn't featured. 

Nyambe has been a regular for Mowbray until recently, and you’ve missed out a very talented youngster from your list in Dan Butterworth.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Remember Gwion Edwards?

Remember Ipswich?

Is that you, “Madame”?

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I saw that Josh Vela posted on Twitter that he is leaving Bolton, could he do a job for us?

Jack Doyle also posted that he is leaving Rovers.

I think, again, if we're serious about promotion we need to be looking at better players than Vela. I think he'd be a good signing for a team looking to try and stay in the division, or a club like Ipswich looking to bounce straight back from L1, but if we're genuinely looking at a playoff push next season we have to be aiming higher.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Young as in terms of first team experience.

I understand what you're trying to say but age and experience are two completely different things.

Nyambe is young, but he is also a relatively experienced RB.